watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

fulham want palace man

Started by tonywildman, March 28, 2013, 05:06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I'll be surprised if this happens. He's been superb this season but I'd have to say, trying not to sound arrogant, that we're better than that.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Signed a new three year contract today.

A Humble Man

Palace are hoping to go up and if they do will hang onto their main striker.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

EJL

He's 29. Oh wait, that's perfect.

Riverside

HatterDon

no, but he'll be 32 when his contract is up. THEN he'll be perfect for us.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Artful Dodger

Rather have another look at Jordan Rhodes if we are going shopping in the Championship - at least he is still young.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Quote from: Artful Dodger on March 28, 2013, 09:59:03 PM
Rather have another look at Jordan Rhodes if we are going shopping in the Championship - at least he is still young.

The more I see of him, the less I am convinced he is the world beater everyone is raving about. Apart from his finishing he does offer absolutely nothing...And he has no pace at all.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

Stefano Okaka Chuka

As for Murray, there are far better players in the championship and he is having what I'd call a "lucky season" and every ball he touches seem to go in...
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

JackyFulham90

Murray is a good striker but we can surely do better?

HatterDon

Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on March 28, 2013, 10:28:26 PM

The more I see of him, the less I am convinced he is the world beater everyone is raving about. Apart from his finishing he does offer absolutely nothing...And he has no pace at all.

There it is. The more goals he scores, the more he proves he's not good enough. I love it.

EJL

Quote from: HatterDon on March 28, 2013, 11:24:26 PM

There it is. The more goals he scores, the more he proves he's not good enough. I love it.
Perhaps a touch of Kris Boyd syndrome?

MJG

A striker who only scores goals, bit like a defender who's only good at defending...who needs either?

bobby01

Please remember that when we talk about goalscorers from the championship, we had Jo Kamara who consistently hit 30 plus but couldn't cut it with the step up.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

JackyFulham90

Kamara was brilliant for Fulham if it wasn't for him we wouldn't even be in the Premiership anymore

Jack Fulham

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on March 29, 2013, 11:46:29 AM
Kamara was brilliant for Fulham if it wasn't for him we wouldn't even be in the Premiership anymore

He did maybe one or two exceptional things. Brilliant during his tenure at Fulham? No.

HatterDon

Well, Rhodes certainly didn't have difficulty moving up from L1 to The Championship. 20 goals from 32 matches this season is nothing to sneeze at.

I also remember a young player from Scunthorpe [then in the old money Division 3] who signed for Liverpool and didn't do too badly -- although the press ridiculed Shankly for signing him and then having the audacity to start him. Yeah, but who remembers Kevin Keegan anyhow?

A Humble Man

Redmond of Birmingham looks like the player to go for.  Trouble we will be in competition.
We Are Fulham, Believe.