watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brede Hangeland deal official - merged topics

Started by Fernhurst, March 28, 2013, 04:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Brede is already a legend. This will send him right into the top 5 all time greats at Fulham.

The Maestro
Ivor
Mullers
Brede
Jezzard
Where there's a will there's a wife

IranianCottager

Good! As long as he continues performing like he has as of late, this is outstanding news!

Rudolph

Quote from: IranianCottager on March 28, 2013, 09:05:31 PM
Good! As long as he continues performing like he has as of late, this is outstanding news!

His partnership with Senderos is really starting to develop.  Glad it's a few years and not this 1 year extension rubbish.

Texas White

Fantastic news and he wants revenge against QP ha.. Top drawer

Burt

filham

Great news for a number of reasons.
1. We would have had difficulty finding a replacement.
2. A replacement would have cost us millions.
3. He must be our best ever central defender.
4. He could become our longest serving premiership player.
5. It demonstrate a degree of loyalty.
6. It shows support for the manager.
7. Potential new players may realise if Fulham is good enough for Brede it should do for them.
8.Team spirit should go up a notch for the QPR match.
9. We won't have to live through the summer wondering if Brede will do a Dempsey on us.
10 Brede is a fans hero and we would have been so,so sorry to see him leave.

HatterDon

Quote from: sunburywhite on March 28, 2013, 08:13:13 PM
not many players spend 7 years at the same club these days

Assuming he won't be transferred out. Remember that we signed Kelly to a 2 or 3 year contract last summer and then transferred him in January.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ron

Quote from: Fernhurst on March 28, 2013, 06:08:38 PM
Ron, I'm sure the remainder of the old sods army appreciate he is now the cornerstone of our club and this is a wonderful way to start the Easter weekend.
Well done all involved in this capture.

Taking a mate and two grandsons on Monday .... So Fulham

LET'S BE AVING YA..

Yes indeed. I'll be there too, admiring his skills as ever.

The one concern that remains is as Hatter Don points out....that the contract signed by mutual agreement makes him saleable ...

..but as they say, Let's not spoil today's sunshine with tomorrow's clouds.   049:gif

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: HatterDon on March 28, 2013, 10:05:57 PM

Assuming he won't be transferred out. Remember that we signed Kelly to a 2 or 3 year contract last summer and then transferred him in January.

He may be but we'll at least get some fiscal reward if he is. I highly highly doubt it though, the only circumstance I can envisage is a falling out with Jol. He doesn't seem the type of player to throw his toys out of the pram though.

MisfitKid

Great News!!   :yay:
(Where's the danc'n banana?)  1500.gif
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

HatterDon

Quote from: MisfitKid on March 28, 2013, 11:03:25 PM
Great News!!   :yay:
(Where's the danc'n banana?)  1500.gif

I've wondered the same thing, but since I have my own emoticon, I decided not to get pushy.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

twang

Fantastic news!

I remember saying during the January window that it might be best to try to sell him as he was playing so poorly and I really didn't think he'd sign on as the story had dragged on for so long.

Now he's back to his best (coincidence that it has happened when being paired with Big Phil?), and when he's playing like he does, Fulham can't really get a better central defender. Absolutely vital that he put pen to paper, well done to everyone and especially Brede!

A Humble Man

The link is back again along with the interview.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

EJL

Don't ruin our fun, HD

cebu

There were any number of occasions in the last few months, when I feared his imminent departure. It's good to see he'll be around for quite a while still! It's a great start to the Easter weekend, which hopefully will culminate in 3 points from 'Arry & Co.

Happy Easter Brede ... and to you lot too!    078.gif

WolverineFFC

Great news!

With Brede, Senderos, and Duff signing new deals, it strengthens the foundation of next season's club. Now FFC can go out and add 2-3 quality signings in the summer to strengthen the squad instead of looking to replace departing members. That is the way forward for the club to start moving up the table.

082.gif

zschwartz

very relieved. he's a legend. any prospective signings will appreciate having a player like that in the back and as an active leader. this could've been a lot messier and i'm glad it was sorted relatively quickly and calmly. Quality man, quality player.

filham

It is of course always possible that another club in need of defender could entice him away but now that he is under contract they will have to pay us big money for him.

JackyFulham90

Hangeland , Senderos & Duff given new deals
Hopefully Karagounis , Riether , Schwarzer & Diarra extend there stays with us

A Humble Man

Love the interview with BH he is smiling all the way through it.  A great man.
We Are Fulham, Believe.