more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (01/04/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, April 01, 2013, 08:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham v. QPR: Finally, Some Football!

Adel Taarabt secured the first win of the season for QPR against Fulham last December with a brace. Can he do it again?

A very successful but incredibly sparse stretch for Fulham Football Club finally comes to an end today as 'Arry Redknapp's revitalized (maybe?) Queens Park Rangers at the Cottage.  The last 2 months are behind us, which saw 5 matches (from which we pulled 8 points) in 8 weeks.

Strap in, fans. Beginning today, Fulham will play 6 fixtures in March, the final 3 against the teams currently in 4th, 5th, and 6th in the Premier League table.

Beginning, we hope, with a present to our lovelies across the way. A parting gift as a thank you for joining us in the Premier League as they go along their merry way back into the Championship.  A gift I like to call revenge.

Ok, all kidding aside, the Rangers of Queens Park put quite a large dent in the egos of those members of the Fulham fanhood category when back in December they defeated the Whites for their first win of the season (of which they now have 4).  Adel Taarabt was a monster, ravaging the then-meek Fulham midfield and causing the defense havoc.

State of Fulham:

Fulham come into this match on a much better run than the previous matchup between these two teams.  Last time Fulham went into Loftus Road having secured just 4 points from their last 5 matches.  Here, it's a much different story.  The Whites held off a surging Tottenham Hotspur squad to take all 3 points from White Hart Lane and surge the squad just 4 points out of 9th place (a gap which not long ago looked an imposing 9 points) plus AT LEAST a game in hand on everyone, and 2 games on the squad in 9th Swansea.

The team not only happier than they have seen most of the season, but healthier as well.  It would seem the lack of activity the last 2 months has given the team a wonderful boost of fitness, with only Mahamadou Diarra's balsa wood knee and third-string keeper Neil Etheridge's leg bothersome enough to stop anyone from being selection-fit.  And, as an added boost, captain Brede Hangeland has signed a new 2-year contract, something that had Martin Jol sweating for most of the year.

The win 2 weeks ago at White Hart Lane showed not only can Fulham put their mid-season midfield struggles behind them, but they can compete with not just London's best but the Premier League's best now.  It may not be a constant result of 3 points, but with players at the top of their game, and a little bit of luck, all is not lost every time a match with the top 5 is played.

The biggest positive from the match with Spurs had to be the defense.  With Gareth Bale picking up a bit of an injury, and Sascha Riether holding the rest of him in his back pocket, Spurs were powerless against the center-back pairing of Hangeland and Philippe Senderos, both of which have caught flak from earlier posts on this very website this year.  Let's hope the organization holds true on the trip back home.

State of QPR:

Well, it's not looking good.  Even the Redknapp touch might not be able to save the season.  All is not lost, as any Wigan fan will tell you from their experiences last season, but the Tony Fernandes money blender is 7 points and 2 goals in the hole with just 8 matches to go.  They do have fixtures against bottomfeeders Reading and a clawing-for-their-lives Wigan, but also finish the year vs. Arsenal, vs. Newcastle, and at Liverpool.  It's going to take something just short of an act of Football God to keep their Premiership license from being revoked.

One boost for this match, it seems Bobby Zamora will be fit and functional.......well.........fit.........just in time for a return to Craven Cottage where he scored 20 Premier League goals in 90 matches for the Whites.  Since moving to QPR, he's managed just 6 in 30.  Redknapp has stated he shouldn't receive a downpour of boos from the Fulham faithful, but his traitorous and unceremonious move to Loftus Road suggests otherwise.

EA Sports Stats of the Week:

-Sascha Riether has won 49 tackles this season at a success rate of 76.6%.  By comparison, QPR center-back Stephane Mbia has completed just 44% of his 99 tackles attempted this year.

-Of all Premier League goalscorers with at least 10 goals this year, Dimitar Berbatov has shot FEWER times than all but 2 of them, shooting just once every 65 minutes.  Talk about picking your spots.

-QPR have converted just 9.2% of their shots this season, the fewest in the Premier League.

-In QPR's 8 London PL derbys this season, only 13 total goals have been scored.

888sport.com Lines of the Week:

-Dimitar Berbatov to score: 5/4
At this point, how can you bet for anyone else than Berbatov? Some say the club are too reliant on his goalscoring, but why not trust the former Golden Boot winner? His class has been shown time and time again, and his ability to pick huge moments to score has been uncanny this year.  Got to go with the easy choice here.

-Jermaine Jenas to score: 11/2
Jenas has scored in the last 2 matches he's been selected in.  The last time he went into a match having scored in the previous 2, he made it 3 in a row (February 2007).  These are great odds for a player in relatively good form.

-Loic Remy to score: 2/1
Remy is another Loftus Road inhabitant in somewhat good form, having netted in 2 of his last 3.  However, I'd be careful backing any Ranger to score in this match given the recent Fulham defensive abilities.  The Whites have conceded just 4 goals in their last 6 matches.

Prediction: As much as the previous result makes me second guess this for about 2 hundredths of a second, I am going to say Fulham get revenge 2-0 thanks to the shaky form of QPR, the home atmosphere, and the much-improved defense in front of Mark Schwarzer.  It will be a good day at the Cottage!

WIN A COPY OF FIFA 13!: If you think you have what it takes to predict the outcome of this match, show it, and win a copy of EA Sports' FIFA 13 in the process!  Just go to my Twitter page, and tweet at me who you think will win, what the final scoreline will be, and who scores the first goal! If you get them correct, you could win! You must be following me (@FulhamsFinest) to win.

http://fulhamsfinest.com/2013/04/01/fulham-v-qpr-finally-some-football/?

WhiteJC

Former QPR and Fulham defender feels derby clash may decide Rangers' fate

Rufus Brevett fears the unpredictable elements in QPR's team could prove their undoing when his former clubs meet head-on in their Easter Monday derby.

Brevett, who spent almost seven years at Loftus Road before making the short move to Fulham, feels Rangers must beat their local rivals to keep alive their hopes of avoiding relegation.

Defeat in their last outing against rivals Aston Villa – in a game Harry Redknapp's side should arguably have won – left the Rs seven points shy of Premier League safety, with just eight games remaining.

That result stirred memories of a crucial 1-0 loss at Coventry in 1996, when Rangers were relegated from the top flight – although Brevett, their left-back in that game, believes there is a key difference between those two QPR sides.

"Andy Impey got sent off for kicking Marcus Hall and, although we played well with 10 men, we still lost," Brevett recalled. "I marked Gordon Strachan and I remember him saying to me at the end 'I can't believe the situation you're in'.

"That was the game where you walked off and thought 'that's it', but at least you could look everyone straight in the eye and know they'd given it their all.

"Maybe we just weren't good enough, but when I played in that team, I knew what I was going to get from every single player. With this QPR team you don't always know what you're going to get.

"Since Harry took over I think the work ethic has improved. They're a better team on paper, but you don't win football matches on paper – and I just hope they haven't left it too late."

Coventry's win, courtesy of a late Eoin Jess header, came to be regarded as the match that determined the fates of both clubs that season, with the Sky Blues escaping the drop on goal difference.

The mantle of Jess may now have fallen to Christian Benteke, who netted the decisive goal in Villa's recent 3-2 win, but Brevett insists QPR can still avoid the fate of their predecessors from 1996.

"With the amount of players coming in, Rangers have been a massive disappointment," said the 43-year-old. "But of all their results this season, I think Villa was the biggest kick in the teeth.

"They should have been out of sight in the first half. Even when you've missed chances, you've got to make sure you go in 1-0 up at half-time and the goals they conceded were very avoidable.

"They have to defend better than that against Fulham. Villa's win has taken them further away and made QPR's job a lot more difficult, but not impossible.

"At this stage of the season there's everything to play for and QPR have to win games – draws are no good to them now."

A glance at the league table might suggest that Fulham could be the ideal opponents at this stage as they have no realistic chance of either European qualification or sinking into the relegation battle.

But local pride – to say nothing of avenging their 2-1 defeat by Rangers in December – suggests that is unlikely to be the case when the sides lock horns at Craven Cottage (kick-off 8pm).

"I saw that game at Loftus Road and, without taking anything away from Rangers' performance, Fulham just didn't turn up," added Brevett, who featured in two promotion-winning sides for the Whites and now coaches some of the club's junior teams.

"It was probably the worst I've ever seen them play. They went through a bad patch but they've come through it and Martin Jol will want to win this game and finish the season on a high, no doubt about it.

"Fulham are very organised – they've got a good shape and the pattern of play suits people like [Dimitar] Berbatov and [Sascha] Riether at right-back.

"It's about as local a derby as you can get – almost literally round the corner – and, having played for both clubs, I know what a big game it is for the two sets of fans."

CURRENTLY TRENDING

Martin Jol confirms Fulham midfielder's departure

Transfer news: Fulham manager Martin Jol confirmed former Middlesbrough midfielder Mickael Tavares is to leave the club after being brought in on a month-to-month basis in October.

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/former_qpr_and_fulham_defender_feels_derby_clash_may_decide_rangers_fate_1_1993999

WhiteJC

Dear John

John Arne Riise knows a thing or two about derbies – and the left-back is the cover star and main interview in the official matchday programme for the Easter Monday (8pm) visit of West London rivals Queens Park Rangers.

Riise has played in arguably two of the biggest derbies in world football, having featured for Liverpool against Everton and AS Roma versus Lazio in the respective Merseyside and Rome grudge matches.

And the Norway international is looking forward to locking horns with QPR in the capital clash as the Whites bid to extend their unbeaten run at the same time as damaging Rangers' survival hopes.

"We got a great win against Tottenham Hotspur which gave us a good feeling in the group," he tells the matchday programme. "But we love playing at home and we can't wait for the game against QPR. It's a Monday night fixture so it will be awesome as matches under the floodlights are the best.

"They're fighting for their lives and they need some wins. I do like Harry Redknapp as a manager but this is a game I really hope we can get the three points from.

"It's important for the fans and the players as it would give us a real cushion in the table. That would take us to 39 points and leave us looking good for the rest of the season."

Elsewhere in the only matchday magazine that matters - which is available to download digitally from 9am on Monday – are exclusive interviews with Martin Jol, Brede Hangeland, Facundo Sava, Junior Hoilett, Les Ferdinand, Emerson Hyndman and Brian McBride.

Jol pens his regular Manager's notes, Hangeland takes the Fulham 50 challenge, McBride talks of his love of a derby and Academy youngster Hyndman outlines his hopes for success with the Whites.

Rangers legend Ferdinand gives his thoughts on the Cottage encounter and his former side's tricky campaign, while current Hoops man Hoilett assesses his side's season so far.

We also speak to former Fulham striker Sava, who is the subject of our 'Cult Heroes' feature as he embarks on his first job in management.

With all the usual news and views from in and around the Club, plus much more besides, the official Fulham programme really is the essential matchday accessory. Priced £3.50, the 84-page publication is available from various sellers on Stevenage Road from two hours before kick-off. Fans can also order copies online by heading here.

The digital edition of the programme is available from 9am on the day of the game. Click here for details on how to download your digital edition.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/april/01/riise-all-about-it?

WhiteJC

The Return Of Bobby Zamora
by LRCN on MARCH 30, 2013

I remember feeling genuine shock when Bobby Zamora's transfer from Fulham to QPR was announced. In fact I was so disappointed I treated the situation at the time with complete apathy. It really was a demoralising blow to lose a striker who had been so key to our success over the last few seasons and won who earnt a lot of adulation, if not love, for his stunning 19 goal season during that incredible Europa League run – to our most vicious rivals, no less! But hindsight is a wonderful thing; we've gone from strength to strength since he left, and his immediate replacement, Pavel Pogrebnyak, coincided with a fantastic run of form, demonstrating that actually Zamora was maybe more of a hindrance to the team than a help by the time of his departure. Monday marks the first time Zamora will line up in QPR colours since his switch, and as such it's a good opportunity to have a look at a player who I appreciate, but can probably never really respect again.

The supporter-player dynamic between the fans on the Cottage terraces and Zamora himself was fascinating however. There was a genuine love-hate relationship, with fans wanting him to score goals for the good of the team and demonstrate limited appreciation without ever really warming to a player who visibly disliked them.

After a catastrophic goal return over his first few months at Fulham – after a goal on his debut in August he didn't score again until we beat non-league Kettering in the FA cup – a number of fans were on his back. The supporters were split into two camps: those with him (responsible for the "his hold up play" cliché which became a running joke) and those against him. It was a huge shame though that there was even an "against him" camp for a player who did genuinely contribute significantly on the pitch to our highest ever league finish despite his lack of goals, and who showed little negative contribution really (you could never question his work rate and he didn't say anything out of turn). The abuse was vicious and unnecessary and I do have some genuine sympathy for him.

However, there were two paths Zamora could have gone down after this. He could have risen above it and taken the one Chris Baird has since travelled; the Irishman has certainly undergone a remarkably transformation from boo-boy to cult hero. Instead, Zamora took the other and responded in kind. After Kettering he scored twice more in the 2008-09 season, both in front of his home crowd and both celebrated with a hand cupped to his ear as if to say "So what're you saying now?" before hurling a few choice comments of his own at the stand.

This was the start of a frosty acquaintanceship, whereby Zamora would generally celebrate as if he just discovered his wife was being unloyal before cupping his ear to the crowd. There were a couple of extreme episodes between the striker and the infamous Babygrow Man, a fan at the front of the Hammy End who did not like Zamora nor think much of his ability and let it be known too, so when Zamora scored against Sunderland at home at the Putney End he turned, pointed, mimed himself eating a burger (presumably in reference to Babygrow man's large belly) before quite clearly yelling "f*** off" in Babygrow's direction. A surreal moment but a very real demonstration of how Zamora felt.

Then there were his inexcusable actions while he was managed by Martin Jol. The two clearly didn't get on and Jol implied as much in his press conferences, once saying "He does't like crosses, he doesn't like defending, he doesn't like the fans.", but in that situation both parties must remain professional. Zamora instead leaked information to the press about players discontent in what really amounts to slander. Zamora's exit was inevitable and clearly motivated, even if he tried to cover it up with a false impress of QPR's ambition.

As I said, it was a real shame that this is how Zamora chose to behave. While I do not, and would never, condone malice from the stands – and would even go as far to say as if you give some then you should expect some back – I believe Zamora could have been a genuine legend in the same ilk as McBride had he chosen to behave differently. Strong, hard-working and possessing genuine guile and quality following a rocky career carved in the lower leagues, when on song Zamora was undeniably supreme (just ask Cannavaro!) and just the sort of player we love to support. Instead, we are left unfortunately disliking someone who fired us to a European final and unable to celebrate a forward's 19 goal season.

So when Zamora returns on Monday, expect a chorus of boos and a player utterly determined to bite back. A crying shame indeed.

LRCN

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2013/03/the-return-of-bobby-zamora/

WhiteJC

Cottage pair face fitness tests

Martin Jol will give fitness tests to Eyong Enoh and Bryan Ruiz before naming his Fulham side to face London rivals QPR on Monday.

The Cottagers boss, who is definitely without Mahamadou Diarra following surgery on a knee problem, has no other injury problems to contend with going into the game against the relegation-haunted R's at Craven Cottage. "Team news is that of course Diarra had an operation so he won't be available this season," he said in his pre-match press conference. "Eyong Enoh will have a fitness test and we'll have to make an assessment on Bryan Ruiz - so it's just the three of them."

Meanwhile, the Dutch tactician, who feels Harry Redknapp can keep QPR in the division, is hoping to pick up three points to help achieve his aim of securing a top-half finish in the Premier League this season. He said: The higher the better for the club and for the players, because some of them have bonuses in their contract if they are in the top six, top eight, top 10. "But that's a financial thing. I would like to be in the top 10."

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/cottage-pair-face-fitness-tests-1569385.html?

WhiteJC

Jol On Rangers

Martin Jol believes that some of Queens Park Rangers' impressive results this season are evidence of their ability to avoid relegation from the Barclays Premier League.

Many have written our local rivals off as certainties for the drop, but our Manager pointed to a number of examples where they have secured big – and sometimes unexpected - results.

"QPR played against Sunderland and they won," he said. "Southampton away from home – it was not easy, but they beat them. Chelsea, although it's a bit longer ago, they beat them away from home.

"The only thing was [the loss against] Aston Villa in their last match. Before that they had draws against Norwich and Spurs, so they've had good results. If QPR manage to win four or five games then they've still got a good chance of staying up."

Fulham and Rangers enjoy a fierce rivalry in West London, with a number of Whites fans seeing Monday as an opportunity to severely dent our opponents' hopes of survival.

Jol, though, insists that he is concentrating on securing points for his side, rather than focusing on which teams could go down.

"I don't want to talk about that because we need a couple of wins," our Manager stated. "I've got no preference who stays up. If I say I hope QPR stay up then that probably won't do Norwich City a favour, or Stoke City who are still in that mix, or my friend from Wigan Athletic [Roberto Martinez] who is an unbelievably good guy.

"So I won't say that I would like QPR to go down because I like Harry Redknapp – he's a fantastic man and a good manager. At the end, the league won't lie, the rankings won't lie. That will be the thing. QPR will fight until the end because there are 24 points still to play for, and that is a lot."

Jol also commented on the fitness of Bryan Ruiz – a doubt for Monday evening's match – after the playmaker returned from international duty with a knock.

"He played two games for Costa Rica," he explained. "One game was in the snow and it was awful. They were two very different games; one was unbelievable snow, and the other was in 30 degree heat. He feels his hamstring a bit so maybe, hopefully not, we have to come up with a solution with a different forward line."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/april/01/jol-on-rangers?

WhiteJC

Fulham - QPR Betting Preview: Visitors to come away from west London derby with a result

After a weekend full of winners in the Premier League Hugh Wilson is backing the away side to get a result and has a tasty 7/1 value bet on offer

Queens Park Rangers sit in 19th position in the Premier League, seven points from safety. Before the international break, Harry Redknapp's side lost a vital six-pointer against Aston Villa. The loss saw a mini-revival ended after winning back-to-back matches for the first time this season, beating Southampton and Sunderland.

Rangers desperately need a result at their London rivals Fulham, with Harry Redknapp's men priced at 3/1 (4.00) with BetVictor to come out on top.

Fulham have sat in mid table for most of the season, currently residing in 10th spot, six points from the bottom three, and four points from 9th placed Swansea. However, Martin Jol's men have played two games less in the league than the majority of teams around them.

The Cottagers have recorded some impressive results of late too, including beating Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane last time out.

Jol's men are favorites at evens (2.00) with BetVictor to all but secure their Premier League status for next season. The same firm price a draw on Monday at 5/2 (3.50).

With only eight games remaining for QPR, they realistically need a result to pull off a miraculous escape, which looked highly unlikely towards the end of 2012. Harry Redknapp has started to turn things around, with QPR only being beaten four times in 2013.

Draw/QPR on the double chance market is a tempting 4/5 (1.80) with BetVictor, a tough bet to ignore with Redknapp's men fighting for their lives. Add to the fact that this bet would have paid out in six of their last nine away games, the price certainly has value.

For those looking for extra value, the anytime scorer market offers some fantastic prices. One in particular is QPR's attacking midfielder Andros Townsend.

The on-loan Spurs man has netted in his last two matches for Rangers and is a remarkable 7/1 (8.00) with BetVictor to find the back of the net in 90 minutes.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/2994/betting/2013/04/01/3868456/-?

WhiteJC

Premier League: Derby day at Craven Cottage as Fulham welcome QPR

Martin Jol: Looking for Fulham to cement their top-half standing

Fulham will get the chance to force capital rivals Queens Park Rangers a little deeper into the relegation mire during a derby date on Easter Monday.

The Cottagers head into the game perched inside the top-half of the Premier League standings and unbeaten in their last four fixtures.

Martin Jol has seen his side collect three clean sheets during that run, with form having been found at just the right time.

The same could be said for QPR, who have given themselves a shot at preserving their top-flight status.

They clambered off the foot of the division over the weekend without kicking a ball - as Reading crashed to a heavy defeat at Arsenal - but they remain seven points from safety.

Two wins in their last three suggest Harry Redknapp has rebuilt confidence at Loftus Road, but the Rs have collected just 10 points on their travels so far this season.

They desperately need to take something from a short trip across west London on Monday, with it important that they build momentum at the start of a crucial month that will see them take in games against Wigan Athletic, Stoke City and Reading.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/281858/preview

WhiteJC

STATS: Berbatov's goals for Fulham vs Riether's tackles for QPR

Fulham v QPR 20:00 – EW

- Fulham come into the game on a high after defeating Spurs 1-0 in their last game thanks to Dimitar Berbatov's 11th goal of the season

- Berbatov's goals have come at an average of one every 204 minutes and one every 5.27 shots.

- One telling statistic on Berbatov's intelligent play is that of the players who have scored 10 goals or more this season, only two shoot LESS frequently than Berbatov. Berbatov takes a shot every 65 minutes 46 seconds, showing the experience of 32 year old striker in picking his moments to shoot.

- Indeed the game will see a great focus on both team's strikers, with Zamora returning to fitness in time to face his former club. Zamora was in good form before suffering injury, averaging 255 minutes 45 seconds per goal, not so frequent as Berbatov but better than Fulham's other striker Bryan Ruiz.

- Ruiz has only managed three goals in the Premier League this season, averaging 562 minutes per goal despite having an attempt at goal every 76 minutes.

- Impressive Fulham full back Sascha Riether should complete a milestone for the season against QPR in winning his 50th tackle. Riether has won 49 so far, an impressive 76.6% of those attempted

- QPR, meanwhile, will be looking to bounce back after suffering a damaging 3-2 defeat to fellow relegation candidates Aston Villa in their last game. Goals from Jemaine Jenas and Andros Townsend, both scoring in their second successive game, were not enough to avoid defeat.

- Despite the scoreline Clint Hill and Armand Traore put in good performances at the back against Aston Villa. Both made four clearances in the game, the joint highest in the last round of fixtures, and two of four to do so.

- All being well, Stephane Mbia will attempt his 100th tackle of the season against Fulham. Mbia has attempted 99 so far, though he will need to improve the number he comes away from with the ball, as he has won jus 44% so far this season.

http://www.byfarthegreatestteam.com/posts/stats-berbatovs-goals-for-fulham-vs-riethers-tackles-for-qpr/?

WhiteJC

Pardew pinning hopes on Debuchy's return to take on Cottagers

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew admits Mathieu Debuchy is a major doubt to face Fulham at the weekend

Mathieu Debuchy is facing a race against time to be fit for next Sunday's crucial game with Fulham at St James' Park.

The Toon full-back was badly missed at Manchester City during the 4-0 loss, but his hamstring injury could take longer to recover from than first expected.

Debuchy was always going to miss the Europa League tie in Lisbon against Benfica this week as he is ineligible.

However, Toon boss Alan Pardew was hoping he'd be back to face the Cottagers in a game that has now turned into a crucial encounter with Newcastle back in the relegation dogfight.

Pardew will be boosted by the return of Cheick Tiote, Davide Santon and Tim Krul for the clash in Portugal, with Sylvain Marveaux also in with a shout after picking up a groin strain.

But he will continue to monitor Debuchy's fitness. He told the Chronicle: "I think  all those players I mentioned have got a great chance  for Fulham, of course.

"Whether they make Thursday, we'll have to wait and see. I don't think Debuchy will make Fulham."

Injury problems forced Pardew's hand on Saturday, meaning that Gabriel Obertan and Vurnon Anita were handed a start while Danny Simpson came  in from the cold in his  hometown.

Pardew defended his players when asked if any of them had failed to take their opportunity against the Premier League title holders, with Obertan particularly looking poor.

Pardew said: "I think it was difficult for the players coming in. We perhaps had too many players missing." Yet Pardew hopes to have a host of returning stars on tomorrow's flight to Lisbon.

He said: "Marveaux had a slight groin strain in the week.

"I was a little bit worried bearing in mind we've got Benfica and then Fulham, which is probably more of a winnable game.

"I didn't want to lose him. Cheick could be OK  for Thursday, and Santon  was perhaps a day's training away from being involved. Sadio's close. Tim's close. I need them all back for Thursday.

"We know the next two are really important games for us."

And concluding his thoughts on the 4-0 loss at Man City, Pardew said: "We know at Wigan we were unlucky.

"But on Saturday we got well beaten by a team that was better than us.

"Benfica on Thursday: we'll certainly be better, whichever XI I field."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-pinning-hopes-onmathieu-2492183?

WhiteJC

QPR can make themselves at home at Craven Cottage after Manchester United win at Chelsea

QPR head into tonight's London derby at Fulham knowing anything but victory will be a serious setback to their Premier League survival chances.

But if they can reproduce the form they displayed in their defeat at Aston Villa last time out and be a little more clinical with their finishing, they can make the short journey home from Craven Cottage to Shepherd's Bush with all three points.

Fulham's last match was a 1-0 win at Tottenham but they created few chances and should have been beaten by Spurs, who had a bad day at the office, while Rangers have lost just three of their eight away games in the top flight under Harry Redknapp.

QPR are value at 3/1 with Paddy Power, Stan James, Blue Square and 888sport to win and both teams to score is 4/5 with Bet Victor.

Hoops midfielder Jermaine Jenas has been on target in the last two games and he is 17/2 with Bet Victor to find the net again.

Manchester United can book a glamorous Wembley date with neighbours City in a fortnight by winning their FA Cup quarter-final replay with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

The lunchtime clash should be a close affair and it would not be a surprise if it went to extra-time and penalties.

But United boast better depth and confidence and after Saturday's Premier League results they appeal at evens with Coral, Paddy Power, Bet Victor and Bet365 to reach the semi-finals.

Javier Hernandez has scored in six of the last seven meetings between the two clubs and is 9/4 to improve that fine record while there have been 34 goals in the last seven clashes so over 2.5 successful strikes in normal time is a gift at 4/6 with Ladbrokes and Bet365.

In the Championship, leaders Cardiff have won just one of their last five matches but can regain winning ways with victory at home to Blackburn at a widespread 8/11.

Meanwhile, Birmingham are 13/10 with Bet Victor and Paddy Power to claim bragging rights in their midlands derby with Wolves at St. Andrew's and Sheffield Wednesday can ease their relegation plight but pushing Bristol City nearer League One at Ashton Gate at an easy to find 2/1.

The LA Clippers have lost their last two outings after equalling a franchise record 49 NBA wins and they will still be waiting to reach the half century after they entertain Indiana tonight.

The Pacers are hot with seven wins from their last eight games and are nicely priced at 9/5 to triumph with Bet Victor, William Hill and Bwin. They are also 10/11 across the board to win with +5 points in the spread.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/01/qpr-can-make-themselves-at-home-at-craven-cottage-after-manchester-united-win-at-chelsea-3566837/?

WhiteJC

PREMIER LEAGUE BETTING: FULHAM V QPR - 10 VITAL STATISTICS

10. Fulham and QPR meet for the 31st time on Monday night. The Rs boast a 13-12 win-loss record against their London foes and are 3.80 to win again.

9. Fulham, however, beat QPR 6-0 in the same fixture last season and are 1.95 to win on Monday.

8. QPR beat Fulham 2-1 in the reverse fixture in December, Adel Taarabt netting a winning brace. The winger is 3.90 to net again.

7. The Cottagers have lost just one game in six (W3 D2 L1). They are 1.40 to win Draw No Bet.

6. In their last five matches Harry Redknapp's men have conceded an average 2.2 goals per game. Fulham are 3.05 to net in both halves.

5. Loic Remy has scored three goals since his £8m move to Loftus Road this January, earning QPR seven league points. The striker is 12.00 to net twice on Monday.

4. Bryan Ruiz hasn't scored for Fulham in his last 11 appearances since a consolation goal against Swansea in December. The forward is 4.25 to net more than Remy.

3. Rangers have scored at least once in each of their last six away games. They are priced at 1.40 to net again.

2. Bobby Zamora scored 20 goals in over 90 league appearances between 2008 and 2012 for Fulham and netted against QPR the last time these sides met at the Cottage. The Rangers striker is 3.70 to score against his former club.

1. There have been two red cards and 17 yellows brandished in seven Premier League games between these two sides. Another dismissal on Monday is priced at 5.00.

http://bet.unibet.com/football/premier-league/2013/04/01/premier-league-betting-fulham-v-qpr-10-vital-statistics/74?