more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Giorgos Karagounis - what a hero

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, April 01, 2013, 11:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron

Quote from: RaySmith on April 02, 2013, 08:51:14 AM

.....Then , near the end, he was really inspiring us forward, wanting Schwarz to take a free kick near the half way line - which S declined to do- and that last  minute run into their box - which defintely should have been a pen.

At a time when QPR were playing long-ball, I thought that his calling Schwarzer to the free kick was a sign that Karagounis was  mentally "not there" after his errors. That would have been a suicide attempt that Schwarz saw through right away.

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: ron on April 02, 2013, 01:09:18 AM
A couple of mistakes.......actually there were three eye-watering mistakes in his game tonight, An absurd back-pass, a penalty conceded, and a fluffed clearance from the second half re-start.....had they have been made by Senderos recently would have confirmed the Swiss in the role of the Antichrist for months to come.

Clearly the board is getting more charitable as the season reaches its climax.

You can be more forgiving when you win and, (effectively) safe from relegation!

Jimmy Hill

Rupert

Quote from: Jimmy Hill on April 02, 2013, 10:35:12 AM
THIS IS SPARTER !!!!

Just checking here, do you mean the Greek city of Sparta, of the Battle of Thermopylae fame?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

MJG

Any other player and he would have been absolutely killed by the crowd last night.
But he keeps plugging away and working hard. Which a couple of others, who shall remain nameless, could have done last night.

fulhamfan

RaySmith

At a time when QPR were playing long-ball, I thought that his calling Schwarzer to the free kick was a sign that Karagounis was  mentally "not there" after his errors. That would have been a suicide attempt that Schwarz saw through right away.
[/quote]

I didn't think he was right in calling for Schwarz to take the kick - but it  displayed Kara's commitment to the cause. I suppose he wasn't mentally 'there' - because he was completely  in the zone of trying to score, rather than  sitting back -rather than because of his errors, for i think he accepts that to be constantly involved in the lay means you will make some errors - but isn't that btter than a player who wants to hide and not take responsibility.

OK - he was wrong on this occasion, but I think as fans we find it endearing to have someone who seems totally committed to the cause.