Frimpong

Started by sipwell, April 02, 2013, 08:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKSW6

Quote from: HatterDon on April 02, 2013, 11:55:49 PM
Quote from: SKSW6 on April 02, 2013, 11:40:58 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on April 02, 2013, 11:36:23 PM
Quote from: sipwell on April 02, 2013, 08:24:26 AM
Nobody has started a thread on Frimpong so far. I find that a bit strange since he looked very impressive. Always willing to recover a ball and fight his way forward. We looked considerably better defensively when he came on. Thoughts?

He's not one of the anointed ones. He played for Arsenal and some dude who knows a dude who knows a dude who supports the Gunners said he's not all that. The anointed ones come from Continental teams. Nobody has seen them play except on Football Manager or YouTube highlights. They're all going to be wonderful. Frimpong, like pretty much everyone we've signed from an English team was trashed from the beginning -- Berbatov is the exception here.

"That's just the way it is. Some things will never change"   :HD: :HD:

Schwarzer? Hughes? Baird? Duff? Sidwell? Rodallega?

In fact, from our current squad only Senderos and the Richardson signing was treated with disdain, and that was because it came at the same time as the Dembele announcement.

You must be very young if you don't remember the absolute vile and constant abuse Hughes and Baird took their first season here. Baird was trashed for his first THREE. Sidwell only stopped getting crap when people started noticing how important he was to the team, and Rodallega has been trashed since the day he signed.

I'll give you Schwarzer.

I thought from your post that you were talking about people's opinions on players before they'd kicked a ball for us, and from that I don't remember people having a go at their signings. Sure, as you mentioned they were put down from some of our fans after a few games, although I don't remember Hughes particularly getting stick, even after his first few games. Maybe it was the Sanchez hysteria.

twang

I haven't been impressed with what I've seen from good ol' Frimmy until Monday, but he sure did a solid job against QPR and hopefully he will build on that.

Would still like to see Enoh given a start in Sidwell's absence though.

Jack Fulham

First game where I thought he looked any good. By the sounds of things, we're going to try and get Frimpong on a permanent in the summer. Enoh is probably looking for a permanent transfer too so if he features vs Newcastle, he will have a lot to prove.