https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (05/04/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, April 05, 2013, 04:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Bulgaria Goalkeeper: Fulham, Other Clubs Eager to Sign Me

Twente goalkeeper Nikolay Mihaylov. Photo by BGNES

Bulgarian international goalkeeper Nikolay Mihaylov has revealed that a number of clubs are currently interested in signing him.

The FC Twente goalkeeper has confirmed an earlier report that Fulham made an approach in the the winter transfer window.

It is believed that Fulham boss Martin Jol will renew his efforts to sign the Bulgarian in the summer.

"There are more clubs interested than just Fulham," Mihaylov told Dutch paper De Telegraaf.

"However, at the moment I want to focus fully on my job at Twente."
If Mihaylov moves to Fulham, he would become the club's third Bulgarian player after Dimitar Berbatov and Stanislav Manolev

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=149260

WhiteJC

Berba should have been sacrificed

Fulham FanZoner Henry Walmsley believes Dimitar Berbatov should have been withdrawn against QPR but can fire the team to victory at Newcastle.

The day after the QPR match I turned 19, but after the longest 45 minutes of my life it felt like it could have been 29.

We won, though, and we are now all but safe, whereas our rivals can almost start preparing for life back in the Championship.

In the first half we were excellent; we put opposition players under huge amounts of pressure, looked more threatening going forward than I've seen us all season, and most importantly, we kept calm, gave the ball to Dimitar Berbatov, and let him do the rest.

The 3-0 scoreline didn't flatter us in the slightest and it looked like we could be heading for another 6-0.

Unfortunately, Ashkan Dejagah had to go off injured and at this point the momentum of the game changed.

We sat back, allowing them to keep the ball high up the pitch, and a sloppy pass from Giorgos Karagounis saw Adel Taarabt pull one back for the visitors with an excellent finish meaning we went into the break knowing that if they got an early goal we could be in for a very nervy second half.

That's exactly what happened. Within five minutes of the restart, QPR had missed a penalty and grabbed another goal; we were all of a sudden on the rocks.

QPR kept up the pressure for most of the second half but were unable to force another thanks to a well organised defence.

I think Martin Jol missed a trick. If I was on the touchline I would have taken Berbatov off after about 60 minutes and stuck on Hugo Rodallega.

I mentioned in my blog last week that we play fantastically if Berbatov stays up front - in the first half he did this, and we scored 3 goals, but in the second half he didn't, and we couldn't get out of our own half.

I think if we'd brought on Rodallega we would have had an out ball as he would have made more runs and tried to get in behind the clumsy Chris Samba, like he did against Newcastle back in December. Maybe then we could have nicked a fourth goal to secure the game.

The red card for Steve Sidwell in my opinion was harsh. Like Jol said after the game I can see why the referee gave it, but replays showed he went in one footed and kept both feet on the ground.

I'm very disappointed it didn't get rescinded as it was a very similar red card to Jack Rodwell's last season for Everton which did get rescinded.

After the sending off, we actually looked under far less pressure, we looked more organised, and Emmanuel Frimpong came on and did well.

The victory leaves us one point behind Swansea and five behind West Brom, with a game in hand on each. Finishing above them would be a great achievement and would really give us cause for optimism going into next season.

I'm not going to get too far ahead of myself, though, as five points behind with 8eight games to go is quite a lot. But. having looked at our remaining fixtures, I think we can pick up 10 more points which would leave us on 49, a very respectable total.

This weekend we face a struggling Newcastle side who will see the game as a must-win. Whilst I expect them to stay up fairly comfortably with the players they have, being only three points above the drop, it is home games against teams like us which they need to win.

I've watched Newcastle quite a lot this season and think the key to beating them is man-marking Yohan Cabaye and not letting him play fantastic long balls as he often does.

With Steve Sidwell suspended this could be a job for Frimpong, or the forgotten Chris Baird who has done it well in the past.

If we can do this, I think we can definitely return to London with all three points. Another 1-0 win and Berbatov goal is my prediction.

http://www.teamtalk.com/fanzone/16970/8617203/Berba-should-have-been-sacrificed?

WhiteJC

Sidwell Ban Stands

Although Martin Jol believed the red-card shown to Steve Sidwell, on Monday evening, was harsh, the appeals committee didn`t agree with him.

It has been announced that the red-card will stand and that Sidwell will serve a three game suspension period, starting with immediate effect.

This means that Sidwell will miss the Premier League games against Newcastle, Aston Villa and Chelsea.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=315062#ixzz2PYZcmr1J

WhiteJC

Loan Keeper Impresses

Loaned out to Dartford, for the remainder of the season, our young keeper Csaba Somogyi is making a good impression.

Having featured in a couple of games, assisting Dartford with a goalkeeping injury crisis, Somogyi has received the following praise form the Dartford boss, Tony Burman,

"Against Newport he pulled off a couple of really good saves and was good again on Saturday, against Woking, although he didn`t have a lot to do and he is a class act."

We`re glad he`s getting the first team exposure he needs and is showing his skills.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=315063#ixzz2PYZuyTJm

WhiteJC

April Hospitality

A busy April sees Chelsea and Arsenal visit SW6, and Hospitality packages are available to buy.

Why not take a spot in our Riverside Restaurant to enjoy one of the finest dining experiences to be found anywhere in the capital or catch the live action from the comfort of an Executive Suite when the Whites take on our West London neighbours Chelsea on Wednesday 17th April (8pm).

Alternatively, choose our offsite Hospitality package for Arsenal's visit to the Cottage on Saturday 20th April (3pm) at the historic Fulham Palace. Spend the afternoon enjoying exclusive pre-match Hospitality with a Fulham legend, nestled in 13 acres of Botanical gardens, beside the Thames and just a stone's throw away from our ground.

Prices for a hospitality package for Chelsea and Arsenal start from £235 and £225 per person respectively, and are on sale to buy now.

For more information or to purchase your Matchday Hospitality package, visit our online store, email [email protected] or call 020 8336 7555 today.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/april/04/april-hospitality?

WhiteJC

LAWRO'S PREDICTION

Newcastle v Fulham

Fulham are in the top half and pretty much out of the relegation fight, although they wobbled a bit in the second half of their win over QPR on Monday.

The Cottagers have picked up form and points at the right time. They can be wishy-washy on the road but they have never really been in trouble, unlike Newcastle.

Looking at the table, you would think the Magpies are in trouble, although I still don't think they will go down. This is a game they need to win, and they should win.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22029253

WhiteJC

Fulham, Southampton and Wigan linked with Chelsea keeper

Fulham want to take Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois on loan next season, according to The Sun.

Southampton and Wigan are also said to be interested in the Belgian, who has not made a first-team appearance since his move to Stamford Bridge from Genk two years ago.

He has impressed while on loan at Atletico Madrid, leading to speculation that a number of Spanish clubs want him.

It is suggested that Fulham see him as a potential replacement for veteran keeper Mark Schwarzer, whose contract expires at the end of the season.

It is also claimed that Atletico want to keep Courtois and could insist on him joining them as part of a £50m deal for Radamel Falcao should Chelsea make a move for the striker.

Meanwhile, German media have reported that Chelsea could offer Bayer Leverkusen Kevin de Bruyne as part of an exchange deal for forward Andre Schurrle.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/chelsea-transfer-gossip-fulham-southampton-and-wigan-linked-with-chelsea-keeper871256

WhiteJC

Alan Pardew – Newcastle's Whole Season Depends On Fulham Result

Looking at the remaining fixtures, the home match has grown in importance, especially with the consecutive defeats at Wigan and Manchester City.

With the Fulham match sandwiched between the double header against Benfica, that Premier League game is also crucial to the Europa League as well as our Premier league safety.

After the 3-1 defeat in Lisbon Alan Pardew again highlighted the importance of this Sunday;

"We showed tonight that we can cause them (Benfica) problems but I think we need to win on Sunday to get the momentum we need for the fans and the players.

We're going to need the fans because our energy levels aren't going to be as high as they can be with this game tonight, we've certainly got enough to win and with their help we can."

With three wins and a draw in their last four matches, the Cottagers aren't going to be an easy match and looking at the fixtures this to me is the biggest match we have left.

If Newcastle win then they can lose a lot of that relegation pressure and be able to attack the Benfica and Mackem matches without a big fear factor, anything less than three points on Sunday and we are up against it.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/alan-pardew-newcastles-whole-season-depends-on-fulham-result/?

WhiteJC

Defender makes Fulham pledge

CAPTAIN Brede Hangeland hopes to stay at Fulham for the rest of his career.

The towering defender ended speculation about his future this week after committing himself to Craven Cottage for at least another two years in a deal that could keep him at the club until 2016.

Hangeland has made almost 250 appearances for the club since making the switch to the Whites from FC Copenhagen in 2008.

And the 31-year-old Norwegian says he could see out his playing days in SW6.

He said: "I think it's hard to plan ahead. It may well be [my last club] but at the moment I'm feeling as good as ever, I don't miss games and feel fit, so who knows? I will take it a season at a time.

"We're being looked after so well these days. Our medical staff are fantastic and I think it's possible to carry on longer than it was five or six years ago, so I'll see how long I can go on for."

A number of clubs were understood to be monitoring Hangeland's situation, but the centre-back insists he was always confident of sorting out his future with the Whites.

"My priority was to stay here," he said. "I've enjoyed my time with Fulham and I think there wouldn't have been any better options for me.

"I am very happy. I think everyone knows that. I have said many times how much I like it here and to extend my stay was great news and I am really happy to sort it out.

"I've liked it here from day one. It's a nice club with a good family feel to it. The stadium is brilliant and it happens to be in the best part of the country. This club has a lot going for it."

Fulham all but secured Premier League survival with Monday night's west London derby win against struggling QPR.

And Hangeland has set his sights on a top-10 finish ahead of Sunday's trip to Newcastle.

He added: "It's always hard to go there but we are confident at the moment, playing well and haven't lost in a long time.

"We beat Tottenham last time away from home, so it's possible to go there and get a result."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2013/04/05/82029-33118114/?#ixzz2Pb3th4Se

WhiteJC

Gouffran returns but doubts remain over Newcastle duo for Fulham clash

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has Yoan Gouffran back available for Sunday's Premier League home clash with Fulham, but there remain doubts over Mathieu Debuchy and Cheick Tiote.

Like forward Gouffran, Debuchy was ineligible for yesterday`s 3-1 Europa League defeat at Benfica, but he has also been nursing a hamstring problem and Pardew is unsure whether or not the defender, or midfielder Tiote (hamstring), will be fit enough to feature this weekend.

The manager does not expect Massadio Haidara (knee) to be ready to make his return to action against the Cottagers and has ruled out Fabricio Coloccini (back) doing so, while fellow defender Danny Simpson says he should be fit to play despite suffering a knock to the ankle in the Benfica match.

Provisional squad: Krul, Elliot, Santon, Simpson, Williamson, S Taylor, Yanga-Mbiwa, Perch, Debuchy, Bigirimana, Cabaye, Anita, Gutierrez, Gosling, Marveaux, Obertan, Sissoko, Tiote, Cisse, Gouffran, Ameobi, Campbell.

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/gouffran_returns_but_doubts_remain_over_newcastle_duo_for_fulham_clash_1_2002910

WhiteJC

U18s Face Saints

Following their impressive exploits at the Dr Pepper Dallas Cup, our young hopefuls return to domestic action on Saturday with a trip to Southampton (11am).

The majority of Steve Wigley's Under-18s were part of the Under-19 squad that lifted the Dallas Cup last weekend, and will now look to transfer that form to their Barclays Under-18 Premier League Elite Group involvement.

Having won six straight matches, prior to their trip to America the Whites had lost two consecutive games, going down at Reading and Manchester United by 3-1 scorelines.

As a result, Fulham have slipped to second in the group, with opponents Southampton leapfrogging the Whites. The Saints are two points in front with 20, but have played two games more than Wigley's charges.

Fulham have already beaten Southampton this term, opening the Elite Group in early February with a 5-1 victory at Motspur Park. Patrick Roberts, Muamer Tankovic (2), Moussa Dembele and Jordan Evans (pictured) were all on target.

Following that defeat, the Saints then recorded a run of six straight victories, before slipping to a 1-0 loss at Bolton Wanderers last Saturday.

The Saints' Under-18s are overseen by former player Jason Dodd, with Ryan Seager, Dom Gape and Sam Gallagher amongst Southampton's players to watch.

Under-18 Manager Wigley, who has also spent time with the Southampton academy said: "I'm looking forward to the game – it's a match between two good sides. We beat them earlier in the year, in what looks like a convincing scoreline.

"But it wasn't really, in fact, it was actually quite a close game. We just took our chances. I'm sure it will be another tough match, and hopefully we will be fully recovered from all the travelling we have done and put in a good performance."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/april/05/fulham-u18-v-southampton?

WhiteJC

Newcastle v Fulham

By Alistair Mann
BBC Match of the Day commentator

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Venue: St James' Park Date: Sunday, 7 April

Newcastle pair Mathieu Debuchy and Cheick Tiote are nursing hamstring injuries and may not be available.

Massadio Haidara is not expected to be ready to return from a knee injury, while Fabricio Coloccini remains out.

Fulham midfielder Steve Sidwell begins a three-match suspension after an appeal against his red card in Monday night's 3-2 win over QPR was rejected.

Midfielder Ashkan Dejagah and striker Mladen Petric are out with respective ankle and thigh injuries.

MATCH PREVIEW

Of all the sides in this most intriguing relegation tussle, Newcastle United are surely the most surprising candidate for the drop.

They are, after all, the only team on the battlefield who ended last season in the top half of the Premier League table.

This time around, however, they've not been in the top 10 since October and though they were eight points clear of the drop zone as recently as early February, four defeats in their last six games have sucked them back into trouble.

Their cause has been hampered considerably by a catalogue of recent injuries. Last weekend at Manchester City, significant absentees included Tim Krul, Davide Santon, Cheick Tiote and Mathieu Debuchy, joining longer-term casualties such as Hatem Ben Arfa and Fabricio Coloccini.

Despite a continuing lack of player numbers, Newcastle have still managed to maintain their European adventure, although it took a bump at Benfica on Thursday despite the return of Krul and Santon.

Domestically, their run-in contains four games at home, with Arsenal, Liverpool and the small matter of the Tyne-Wear derby to come after Fulham's visit this weekend.

Considering Newcastle have accumulated just eight of their 33 points away from Tyneside, the visit of a side safely in mid-table seems a very significant fixture in determining their future.

Fulham arrive on 39 points and in their best form of the campaign. Unlike their hosts, they'll be able to express themselves without the mental pressure of a relegation threat, nor the physical fatigue from the Europa League. It will make them decidedly awkward opponents, which will only add to the inevitable air of increasing anxiety.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head
Newcastle have won only one of the last seven meetings (W1, D1, L5).

Fulham have lost on just two of their last seven visits to St James' Park (W3, D2, L2).

Newcastle
Newcastle have lost three of their last four Premier League matches but they have won their last three at home.
The Magpies have 20 fewer points than they did at this stage last season.
They have managed just four clean sheets in the league this season. Only Reading have had fewer.
Newcastle have conceded 37 second-half goals, more than any other Premier League side bar Aston Villa (39).

Fulham
Fulham are aiming to win three consecutive Premier League matches for the first time this season.
Martin Jol's side are unbeaten in their last three away league games (W1, D2).
Fulham would be fifth if matches ended at half-time.
Dimitar Berbatov has scored in his last four Premier League matches. Ten of his 13 goals for Fulham have come before half-time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21986350?

WhiteJC

Free-flowing Fulham look to put faltering Newcastle to the sword
In form Berbatov will test a Europe-weary Newcastle

Tradition dictates that Fulham struggle away from Craven Cottage, however recent exploits provide cause for optimism here. They beat Tottenham at White Hart Lane on their last trip, and are 12/5 to the same to Newcastle here. A draw can be taken at the same price.

History certainly favours Martin Jol's side. Newcastle have only won one of their last seven with Fulham, who in turn have won three of the last four clashes. At 11/10 for the win the Magpies appear to offer little value. They have now lost three straight – conceding eight goals in the process – and the impending visit of the attack-minded Cottagers will be a stringent physical test for Alan Pardew's squad.

Fulham will be all the more confident of upsetting the Geordie faithful considering that the Magpies are returning from a defeat at the hands of Benfica in Portugal in the Europa League. Jol's men are now unbeaten in five games, keeping clean sheets in three of those. They are 10/3 to shut the home side out here.

Dimitar Berbatov has found the net six times in his last six fixtures, and can be backed at 5/1 to open the scoring – a feat he's achieved in each of the games in which he's scored on this current run; the languid Bulgarian is 11/8 to register anytime.

Furthermore, Fulham are 13/10 to lead 1-0 at anytime, which seems plausible considering they haven't gone behind in any of their last five matches.

The London side's carefree style bares all the hallmarks of a side playing without fear of relegation, and should they maintain that success, wincast odds of 10/3 for Berbatov to score and Fulham to win certainly appeals.

From a Newcastle perspective, Papiss Cisse has been the leading figure in attack this term, scoring in three of his past five games. He is 9/2 to bag the first goal here, but with two of those three recent successes coming after 90 minutes, 6/5 for an anytime strike represents the safer option.

http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/football/premier-league/free-flowing-fulham-look-to-put-faltering-newcastle-to-the-sword_148493.html

WhiteJC

Fulham Fan Squad

Fifteen lucky fans, who registered their interest, have been selected at random to take part in a series of skills drills at our Open Training Day.

Our Fans Squad will be introduced to the crowd at Open Training Day on Tuesday 9th April (9.30am-12.00pm). They will have the chance to join members of the First Team squad for 30 minutes of skills drills; including a penatly shoot-out, keepy-uppy competition and target practice game.

Our Fulham Fan Squad will also be seated in the dug-outs where they will have a prime view of the rest of training.

Find out if you're one of the lucky ones and view the full list here.

Tickets to Open Training Day are still available to book, free of charge. Just call 0843 208 1234 and select Option 3 (9am - 5pm Monday to Friday). Find out more at fulhamfc.com/opentrainingday.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/april/05/fulham-fan-squad?

WhiteJC

Jol's Newcastle Preview

Ahead of Sunday's trip to Newcastle United (3pm), Martin Jol admitted his relief at seeing his side put together a fine five-match unbeaten run in the Barclays Premier League to all but secure their top-flight status for another year.

Our Manager spoke in his pre-match press conference on Friday afternoon of his previous relegation concerns, but highlighted the feel-good factor that now encompasses the Club.

"I think the future looks a lot brighter," he said. "I can't see another league in Europe where nine, 10, maybe 11 teams were concerned and worried [about relegation], and we certainly were four weeks ago.

"But now, of course, we look to the future. Brede Hangeland has signed [a new contract], Philippe Senderos has signed, and Damien Duff. We've got a few youngsters who will come back from their loan situations, and we are looking on the market to try to do something for next year. Not to go crazy, but to improve the team and I think it's a lot better now."

A key player in our unbeaten run has been Dimitar Berbatov. The Bulgarian has notched five times in our last four matches and Jol praised the effect the striker has had since his summer arrival.

"I think he had an impact over the whole season, like other good players we've got," he explained. "He loves it here, he likes playing here. I think he's happy here so I can see him staying for the next two or three years.

"You always have to be aware of the fact he came from Manchester United which is a big club – one of the biggest in Europe – and he's telling everyone that he is happy, and he's been scoring goals from the start.

"He can play in the hole, which is not his natural position, and he did that without moaning. Now he plays up front but maybe he will play in the hole against Newcastle and he will do that for us, for the team. He's good to have around – he's a different personality but I haven't got any problems with him."

For the second consecutive away game, Fulham are taking on a side that has travelled across Europe in the week for a UEFA Europa League tie.

Newcastle went down 3-1 to SL Benfica on Thursday and Jol admits that competing on multiple fronts can sometimes cause complications.

"I can remember a couple of years ago I was in Germany and we [SV Hamburger] played in the Semi-Finals of the Europa League [formerly UEFA Cup]," he explained.

"I was really happy to drop out of that because we went out against Werder Bremen and we had to play other games and, in the end, we achieved what we wanted [in the Bundesliga].

"We ended up in the top five but I can see us playing in that Final on the Thursday before we had to play on the Saturday against Frankfurt and I think we never would have won that game if we'd been in the Final, so that is an example."

The Magpies remain precariously close to the drop zone, with just three points separating them from 18th place, and Jol admits they will need to string a few victories together if they are to climb away from danger.

"If they beat us and they beat the opposition in the next couple of weeks then they will be fine," he said. "But first you have to beat opponents so they have to start doing that. I was in the same situation a couple of times and I can tell you it's not easy. You have to focus on the Europa League, you have to focus on the league, and that combination can cost you.

"Newcastle have got a big squad so if they beat us and beat the next few opponents then they will be fine but, if not, [who knows].

"Hopefully for them, because it's a big club, they can stay up but I think maybe with all these games in Europe – like us last year for six months, it cost us a few points – that they've suffered from that."

Finally, Jol delivered the latest team news ahead of our trip to Tyneside, with the most notable exclusion that of the in-form Ashkan Dejagah who was substituted in the first half of our 3-2 victory over Queens Park Rangers on Monday.

"Dejagah needs at least another week," he explained. "His ankle is sprained so he won't play. Mladen Petrić has got a problem with his left abductor so he won't be involved and, of course, we've got this long-term injury with Mahamadou Diarra.

"We've got the suspension of Steve Sidwell and that's quite a big blow for us because he was playing well. He was a leader in midfield and appeared to have a very good combination with Giorgos Karagounis, so we have to come up with another solution now."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/april/05/jols-newcastle-preview?

WhiteJC

Befriending Berbatov
Our Sky Sports Fantasy Football guru looks at who will pick up points in the Premier League this weekend

Dimitar Berbatov: Unpopular pick in Sky Sports Fantasy Football despite fine form

Dimitar Berbatov remains an underappreciated resource in Sky Sports Fantasy Football despite his fine form.

The Bulgarian frontman has scored four in three for in-form Fulham to take his points tally up to 154 this season, more than popular picks such as Eden Hazard, Carlos Tevez and Demba Ba.

He is also relatively cheap at £7.5m but remains in a meagre three per cent of Sky Sports Fantasy Football sides.

A trip to Newcastle provides a real chance for Berbatov to continue his goal glut, with the struggling Magpies returning from a disheartening 3-1 defeat to Benfica in the Europa League on Thursday evening.

Liverpool look another good source of points this weekend, with Luis Suarez the obvious pick while Steven Gerrard is also in fine form.

The England captain has netted eight goals in his last 15 Premier League games and racked up 28 points from his last five appearances, more than any other midfielder.

At £7.8m he is also good value for money, while upcoming fixtures with West Ham (H) and Reading (A) add to the appeal.

Fantasy bosses might be considered turning their back on the game's most popular pick, Robin van Persie, as he heads into the Manchester derby without a goal for his club in nine matches in all competitions.

However, confidence is unlikely to be low given it was his deflected shot which gave United victory against Sunderland last Saturday, while the Dutchman also bagged in back-to-back appearances for his country during the international break.

Wayne Rooney looks the man to back on Monday though, having found the net in six of United's last seven wins over their rivals.

Backlines certainly look worth avoiding in this fixture, with both sides scoring in four of the last five meetings, with the exception a 1-0 win for City last season.

Elsewhere, Jay Rodriguez (£5.7m) is a fine alternative for less money as he looks to net for a third successive time when Southampton travel to lowly Reading.

Rickie Lambert (£6.8m) has also netted in his last two for the Saints and has a habit of delivering the goods on the road, having scored eight of his 14 goals away from St Mary's.

On the injury front, Tottenham trio Gareth Bale, Jermain Defoe and Aaron Lennon have all been sidelined ahead of visit of Everton, who remain without suspended duo Marouane Fellaini and Steven Pienaar.

Ashley Cole is also out for Chelsea's clash with Sunderland on Sunday, while Tim Krul is back between the sticks for Newcastle.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/8618901/Befriending-Berbatov?