watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Newcastle v FULHAM Match Thread

Started by Baider, April 07, 2013, 02:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IranianCottager

We are playing poorly, inviting Newcastle to dominate. Sidwell's presence in the middle is really missed.

grandad

We are putting ourselves under unnecessary pressure. We can´t keep playing deep. Duffers has done nothing apart from getting booed. Frei on in the 2nd half for Duff.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Bassey the warrior

I'd like to see Ruiz crack some shots off. He made a good run earlier and looked dangerous. He's a great finisher.

Bassey the warrior

Enter the Frei

Newcastle look incapable of hitting the target.

T.G.

Is it just me, or Berbatov and Ruiz partnership is just MAGIC today? o.o

alexbishop

think we're playing for the 0-0 draw
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Bassey the warrior

Enoh has been the stand out player for us. So many interceptions and tackles. He looks excellent. Not missed Sidwell today.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: T.G. on April 07, 2013, 03:46:10 PM
Is it just me, or Berbatov and Ruiz partnership is just MAGIC today? o.o

It's been outstanding. The difference today is that Ruiz is finally finally trying to score. God knows why it's taken him so long.

FC Silver Fox

The game is being played at a very leisurely pace. I think Newcastle could be tired after their midweek Europa game. We should try and up the pace right from the start of the 2nd half. We can get all 3 points here.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

God The Mechanic

Really impressed with Enoh, not so much Manolev.  He's not done anything wrong, just not really done anything.  He POSSIBLY could have done better from the corner, but Krul was half a yard away - looked like he may have been fouled too?

So far, so... far.  It's been ok.

IranianCottager

I've been impressed with Manolev. He isn't as speedy and flashy as Dejagah, but he plays it simple and it's worked. He should have done better with his chance though...

elgreenio

we certainly look disjointed with the 2 forced changes but it's another encouraging half. Enoh looks a tidy player whilst Manolev looks a tad off the pace but by no means poor.

Seems like Newcastle are getting the bounce of the ball a bit but reckon we can nick this easily. Would love to see Frei have a run at Gutierrez
touch my camera through the fence

Bassey the warrior

Manolev offers nothing going forward. We need someone to run at Gutierrez.

CanadianCottager

Missing Dejagah out there, Manolev is a tidy enough player but Gutierrez is not a natural left-back and we need to be running at him more, something Dejagah always does. Ruiz and Berbatov seem like they'll combine for a goal at some point today. And Eyong Enoh has been excellent, a rock in the middle of the park

T.G.

Enoh is fighting a lot. Manolev played some clever passes, but still doesn't look too confident! Hope that we can charge for the 3 points!

Wingnut

Encouraging first 45 mins. We look good in the final third and I am hoping that Newcastle will tire as the half progresses. We really need someone on who can get at Gutierrez.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

GodfatherJol

Quote from: DiegoFulham on April 07, 2013, 02:16:36 PM
Quote from: GodfatherJol on April 07, 2013, 02:14:43 PM
Is Petric injured? Doesn't ever seem to even make the bench nowadays.
I personally rate Petric, he's been so unlucky this season and deserves a chance at premier league level even if it's not with us.

Agreed. Of course we can't expect him to play over Berba and unfortunately the two don't play well together. Had we not signed Berba, I think we could have easily seen Petric get.  10-15 goals.

IranianCottager

I think I now see why Frei, Emanuelson, and Rodallega are on the bench.
Jol will try to keep it 0-0 until 60th minute, and bring these guys on to add pace in place of the likes of Duff, Manolev, and a tired Karagounis to win the game.

Bassey the warrior

Same type of challenge Sidwell made. The ref inconsistency is infuriating.