watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Newcastle v FULHAM Match Thread

Started by Baider, April 07, 2013, 02:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Argh I'm so annoyed! Why did we drop so deep? We haven't been doing that lately, it never ever works unless you're Roy Hodgson.

grandad

We deserved a point for our dogged defending but we could have made more effort earlier to take the game to them.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Enter the Frei

as many have said we were far too deep and in the end got what we deserved, not our best performance by any means.

bill taylors apprentice

Admin

ScalleysDad

Quote from: alexbishop on April 07, 2013, 04:46:21 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on April 07, 2013, 04:45:04 PM
You could argue the point that Rodders is cold, probably literally, but he had five options there and messed up all of them. Sheesh.

But we do have the benefit of seeing him in past performances and I think it's easy to say he isn't the most clinical of forwards

I think it was past performances that got him this gig and for me he hasn't earned a prolonged stay. If he is not clinical in front of goal, has the touch of a breeze block and is a bench warmer much of the time surely he has had his chance?

..Kya.ffc..

Jol need to go into the game with an intention to win it more often and not settle for a draw beforehand. That way we would play our chance and not get stuck with a defensive approach all game long.. Seen it a few times this season.
Beers may have been involved in this post.

FulhamPHX

Really missed Sidders in the middle and Dejegah going forward.  Still, my only question is how the hell was that 5 minutes of stoppage time?  I figured 2-3.  Oh well, not saying they didn't deserve it towards the end, was constant pressure from NUFC for the last 10-15 minutes.

Luffy86

It sounded like we didn't do much attacking...? Would be nice to go away from home and try to score as many as possible, or is that asking too much? It seems like we are waiting for the odd counter attack...!?

alexbishop

It should have been us running at Newcastle and making them sit deep not the other way round, Newcastle were shattered. Jol had three subs to use and used 2. Shoulda put Frei on and got him Rod and Duff running at them.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Baider

alexbishop

Quote from: Luffy86 on April 07, 2013, 04:57:56 PM
It sounded like we didn't do much attacking...? Would be nice to go away from home and try to score as many as possible, or is that asking too much? It seems like we are waiting for the odd counter attack...!?

When we counter it goes out to the wingers who stop, turn around and pass it backwards
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

elgreenio

never looked like winning it or even trying to win it. Jol very reluctant to change anything there, both wingers non-existent in the second half.
touch my camera through the fence

grandad

Newcastle were playing for their lives. Of course we were going to be under the cosh. The defence did a great job for 92 mins & only a miss hit shot made it´s way to Cisse.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Count Berbatov

I know everyone is probably disappointed, but there were moments when Fulham looked like Barca at controlling the play. ...and then of course the typical unforced mistakes. I enjoy watching your side at times. Today there were a couple spells it was a joy to watch
Oh, and well deserved Newcastle. But it could have been the other way around. Pity

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Fulham1959

Everybody happy, then !    :005:

:012:

BedsFFC

If ever a match summed up why we now have a poor away following, that was it. I'm not going to complain too much because we do more right than wrong but we do seem to have an inherent small club mentality away from home. The odd thing is, I'm not gutted we lost because you could just see it happening and frankly, we deserved to lose. I'm more upset we didn't try and win. Hey ho...fulham lose away...today was more about qpr for me...sadly.

bulgariawhite

Where 5 mins came from don't know. We deserved a draw. Impressed with Enoh and Manolev considering they have had no game time. I agree if we stayed offensive we could have shut them up. Once again an injury time loss and a bit lucky how the ball fell. It could not have been defended. Thankfully results have gone our way so safety is assured IMO

ScalleysDad

Quote from: alexbishop on April 07, 2013, 04:58:05 PM
It should have been us running at Newcastle and making them sit deep not the other way round, Newcastle were shattered. Jol had three subs to use and used 2. Shoulda put Frei on and got him Rod and Duff running at them.

This is what makes Jol so frustrating and consequently still the source of a split in our ranks. You are right. Had we run at the Newcastle back four we would have probably scored more than once. These days most of our substitutions do not change the game in our favour. They either simply cover for an injury or are very negative. Frei for Duff or even Emanualson for the same would have at least carried on the project of assessing our options for next season.

Bassey the warrior

Feel we could've taken something from this game. Jol's stubborness in playing Duff on the left is infuriating. He's far more effective on the right. He would've given Gutierrez problems. Manolev is not a winger. I would've got Frei on for Manolev.
As for Rodallega, I just don't trust him. He's far far too inconsistent and I hope we can get another striker in to take his place as backup.