more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Courtois LOAN next season ????

Started by Flupp, April 13, 2013, 02:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flupp

What do you think !!!

I think it would be great to get a young Goaltender on loan for 2 years  049:gif

For me it`s an WIN WIN situation....

For us  - we would get a "nearly" world class goali

For Chelsea - he learn to play in the Prem / he would live in London an getting used to the city

"take me home al fayed to the place where i belong craven cottage by the river take me home al fayed"

valdeingruo

And then know ALOT about the opposition when he returns to them. He is a great keeper and going to be a huge player for them, however it doesn't do us good in the long run. It will be a massive year for us in the keeper department.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Frankie-Peter Taylor

He is already world class, seriously. He's one of the best in the world, probably better than Joe Hart.

But lets think this through logically, we won't even play our own young players, so why would we play Chelseas'?

Flupp

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on April 13, 2013, 02:46:34 PM
we won't even play our own young players, so why would we play Chelseas'?

I thought because  he is a thousand times better than Schwarzer / Stockdale / Etheridge together
"take me home al fayed to the place where i belong craven cottage by the river take me home al fayed"

CurryForMario

I would definitely take him. Gives us time to find the right replacement - not jump into the window and pick up a panic buy if we don't keep Schwarzer such as Robinson.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

Peabody

leonffc

YankeeJim

Good to see that its not just us Yanks that get stick over not knowing the odd way you lot talk.  :005:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

General

Quote from: Peabody on April 13, 2013, 07:35:38 PM
What is a goal tender?

Really? Think about it.. A goal tender is someone who tends to the goal, aka a goalkeeper.. Sure he could've just put it across in a normal way though.

Peabody

What, you mean he goes out with a mower,  fork and rake? How quaint, we call them groundsmen

cmg

I think this is the chap you are after (unless it's our new kit for matches against Stoke City FC):

"Ottawa Senators general manager Bryan Murray announced today the club has signed goaltender Brian Elliott to a two-year contract."

JackyFulham90

Hopefully Schwarzer signs a new deal he is still a top keeper

TonyGilroy

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on April 14, 2013, 09:40:28 AM
Hopefully Schwarzer signs a new deal he is still a top keeper

If it's true that he'll only sign if he's assured that he'll be first choice then he's giving Jol a tough decision.

His current form is great but how long can he maintain it? Stockdale will want to sign for Hull if we don't want him as number one.

I think a top keeper will be our major signing this summer and that both Schwarzer and Stockdale will leave.

Max Headroom

I was one of the guys criticising Schwarzenegger earlier n the season for his distribution. But in the past few games he has been absolutely awesome. I would keep hm next season too. We don't need an upgrade....

HatterDon

Quote from: General on April 14, 2013, 05:14:53 AM
What is a goal tender?

Really? Think about it.. A goal tender is someone who tends to the goal, aka a goalkeeper.. Sure he could've just put it across in a normal way though.

Maybe that is the "normal way" where he comes from. Really, I can't imagine that ANYONE who read the original post didn't know what the he meant.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The King

Quote from: HatterDon on April 14, 2013, 01:47:59 PM
What is a goal tender?

Maybe that is the "normal way" where he comes from. Really, I can't imagine that ANYONE who read the original post didn't know what the he meant.

Yes, but what is your opinion on PKs and general offensive play on the game field during over time?

HatterDon

Quote from: The King on April 14, 2013, 01:49:15 PM
What is a goal tender?

Yes, but what is your opinion on PKs and general offensive play on the game field during over time?

Do you mean over the course of a career or just a few seasons?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Peabody

Quote from: The King on April 14, 2013, 01:49:15 PM
What is a goal tender?

[/quote

Help, I need an interpeter