watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Peter Alliss Commentary

Started by F(f)CUK, April 14, 2013, 11:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F(f)CUK

They'll be chasing the kangaroos in the goolagongs. No idea what this means mind.

Scrumpy

A friend of a friend knows Alliss.

Nasty, small-minded, piece of work.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Banjax

I know him. Very decent guy who has given up his time and expertise to help me out. Don't believe people of whom he is a 'friend of a friend'. At his rare old age he still has the gift of turning a phrase to make you chuckle (and there's not much else in Golf to do that).

westcliff white

He s the reason I stopped watching golf on the been, inane comments about nothing or that make no sense. Saw him do an after dinner speech at a chairty function as well. First part was quite good, little anecdotes etc, the second part when he had to do an auctin was shocking, as he couldn't talk about hisself he had no interest in it, was just selling to the first or second bid.

Every day is a Fulham day

TonyGilroy

The BBC (in particular) keeps its sports commentators on for decades past their sell by date under the delusion that they're national treasures.

JBH

Decent bloke, 4 of us played golf at Hindhead last year where I believe he is or was the Honory Chairman and he was there, he made a point of sitting down and welcoming us to the club and was extremely friendly

ron

Seems a genial sort of fellow to me... as Banjax says, he has an amusing turn of phrase.

MJG

He has been around too loooooooong and needs to be retired.
BBC coverage has no adverts, but that's about the only good thing I can say about it.

fulhamfan

Cravenawin

Quote from: JBH on April 15, 2013, 08:28:05 AM
Decent bloke, 4 of us played golf at Hindhead last year where I believe he is or was the Honory Chairman and he was there, he made a point of sitting down and welcoming us to the club and was extremely friendly
Believe he's president of Old Thorns Golf Club, which is about 5 miles from Hindhead.