watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riether right midfield?

Started by JackyFulham90, April 15, 2013, 06:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

I will not be surprised to see Manolev get another chance on the right, he is a decent player who needs games but he is a right back, with Duff & Dejagah out surely Riether infront of Manolev makes more sense? I know he has been our best player this season at right back but he has good pace a decent cross surely he could play there against Chelsea

Jambo

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on April 15, 2013, 06:46:20 PM
I will not be surprised to see Manolev get another chance on the right, he is a decent player who needs games but he is a right back, with Duff & Dejagah out surely Riether infront of Manolev makes more sense? I know he has been our best player this season at right back but he has good pace a decent cross surely he could play there against Chelsea

Not for me.  One of Riethers greatest assets is making gut busting 50 yard runs from the back and getting the cross in.  I dont see him as a play who will beat a full back with a trick.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Deanothefulhamfan

I think we would miss him at the back.... Rather play frei

fulhamben

why would we or you even want to play one of our best players out of position
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MOR :

No not for me either...one of the best things to happen at Fulham for some time was the signing of this marvellous right back...keep him "Herman the German" there...

JackyFulham90

Frei won't get a start Jol hasn't even brought him off he bench, hopefully Duffers will be fit

filham

Reither is perhaps the best right back we have had since George Cohen.

He has to stay in what must be his best position, he is so valuable, any change could devalue his worth.

fulhamking

No...
Give Manolev another game or two on the right wing. Riether shouldnt be moved.

nose

Riether is a great full back, one of the best we have seen in years at fulham in any position! If we could clone him and play 10 Reithers it would be really the best solution (half would have to be cloned left footed!).

As far as manolev is concerned, he was really poor against Villa. Horribly every time he was in possesion it either ended up in touch or with a villa player. I would much rather see frei playing, a quick talented player but genuinely short of time on the pitch.

MJG

The question is do you make the team better by moving him.
The answer is no so he should stay in his correct position.
Manolev should not start, it should be going to a player who is confirmed as being here next season. We need to start planning for next year. If Manolev is part of the first team plans for next year im worried already.

JackyFulham90

I agree Riether has been fantastic at right back, it was only a thought as he is so good going forward, if Jol doesn't want to play Frei how about Mesca? He was with the 1st team in pre season doing well

God The Mechanic

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on April 16, 2013, 10:23:06 AM
I agree Riether has been fantastic at right back, it was only a thought as he is so good going forward

Barca tried the same with Dani Alves for a little while, when various right sided players were injured,and it failed horrendously.  No matter how good a full back or wing back is going forwards, more often than not hey're nowhere near "winger" material.