Started by FulhamSince1995, April 15, 2013, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

Yeah Messi would be good but hasn't he got a dodgy hamstring
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

bucksfulham

According to Wikipedia he's a Fulham player.
That was on Monday. On Tuesday, the Fulham reference disappeared!

Enter the Frei

he is a good player, just with a dodgy disciplinary record, not sure about how confirmed it is but he'd be a very decent signing IMO.

EJL

MasterHaynes

So in 8 years he averages over 10 bookings a season, and at 28 Madrid offered him a 5 year contract he turned it down for less money?I have watched Madrid on the box , can't say I noticed a stand out defensive player.
Not convinced about the story, sounds more like his agent trying to drum up business and market his player. We are entering the silly transfer season where all the agents across Europe start telling the press that their players are being chased by everyone to try and barter the best deal for their commission. Fulham have a lot of credibility around europe with the players we have and recent premiership record so throwing Fulham's name around at any average player make sthe player more credible.

tommy

SKSW6

tommy

JackyFulham90

I think this is more paper talk, Fulham hide there business very well will be surprised if this is true

Markffc123

give the guy a break-its the spanish league you get booked for anything in that league-about 3 or 4 sendings off a game-and come on if he was at bilbao then he must be at least good theyre hardly the worst team in the spanish league and they beat united last season-not sure if i remember him playing though-i would welcome a new CB with welcome arms-but probly spell the end of hughes

cmg

Quote from: SKSW6 on April 15, 2013, 06:39:14 PM
Quote from: EJL on April 15, 2013, 06:08:11 PM

Good night and thanks for coming

My god, where's the ball in that picture?!

The referee has the ball. Messi was just trying to swap shirts at the end of the game. Uncompromising sort of player, Amorebieta.

Jambo

Quote from: cmg on April 15, 2013, 07:16:18 PM
Quote from: SKSW6 on April 15, 2013, 06:39:14 PM
Quote from: EJL on April 15, 2013, 06:08:11 PM

Good night and thanks for coming

My god, where's the ball in that picture?!

The referee has the ball. Messi was just trying to swap shirts at the end of the game. Uncompromising sort of player, Amorebieta.

I'm pretty sure its just the angle of the photo and its actually no where near as bad as you think.....

Oh.... er......maybe not!
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

jmh

Quote from: MasterHaynes on April 15, 2013, 06:12:43 PM
So in 8 years he averages over 10 bookings a season, and at 28 Madrid offered him a 5 year contract he turned it down for less money?I have watched Madrid on the box , can't say I noticed a stand out defensive player.
Amorebieta doesn't play for Atletico Madrid, he plays for Athletic Bilbao.

Rudolph

Quote from: Markffc123 on April 15, 2013, 06:47:14 PM
give the guy a break-its the spanish league you get booked for anything in that league-about 3 or 4 sendings off a game-and come on if he was at bilbao then he must be at least good theyre hardly the worst team in the spanish league and they beat united last season-not sure if i remember him playing though-i would welcome a new CB with welcome arms-but probly spell the end of hughes
[/quote
Quote from: Markffc123 on April 15, 2013, 06:47:14 PM

I was just about to post the same thing. Hughes might have to drop down a couple of divisions to get first team football or a move up to Scotland.

HatterDon

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on April 15, 2013, 03:09:33 PM
Decent centre back but his discipline record is alarming. An improvement on what we have in terms of Hughes and Senderos.

16 yellows in one season is an improvement?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FulhamSince1995

jmh

Quote from: FulhamSince1995 on April 15, 2013, 09:31:43 PM
Amorebieta Tackle on Messi.flv

My god, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of one of them
Upon watching this video, I have to say that it's not quite *as* bad as I thought from just seeing the still.  Amorebieta clears the ball while Messi is closing on him, it's just that his follow-through is dangerously high (and bear in mind that it's dangerous in part because Amorebieta is 6'4" and Messi is 5'7"; it looks like Amorebieta's foot winds up about the height of his own waist).  It's not like Messi was dribbling past him and Amorebieta kicked him in the face to prevent a scoring chance. 

That being said, I also would not want to be on the receiving end.

Danitar

If this is true all I've got to say is what a signing, technically very good, likes to put a challenge in but he does like to collect cards though. Good coup by Fulham (again if true)

twang

Quote from: HatterDon on April 15, 2013, 08:23:38 PM
Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on April 15, 2013, 03:09:33 PM
Decent centre back but his discipline record is alarming. An improvement on what we have in terms of Hughes and Senderos.

16 yellows in one season is an improvement?

What's with this obsession over yellow cards? Just because he gets cautioned a lot in the Spanish league it doesn't mean that he will be over here. Even if he was to be, if he's better than Senderos/Hughes in the games that he does play then whats the big deal if he misses a few through suspension, we've upgraded either way.

Enter the Frei

I'd definitely back him as an improvement over Senderos or Hughes in terms of ability.