watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MERGED THREADS - possible signing of Fernando Amorebieta

Started by FulhamSince1995, April 15, 2013, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Fulham

Interestingly, he is left footed so you'd assume Hangeland would move to right side of defence.

EJL

Quote from: Jack Fulham on April 15, 2013, 11:13:16 PM
Interestingly, he is left footed so you'd assume Hangeland would move to right side of defence.
Inverted centre-backs! We could start a new trend...

RolandAJ

Should a ref play advantage on the first foul, an opponent could be both Frimponged and Amorebieta-ed during the same run.

Seriously though, I hope the story is true.

Roland
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy."  Milan Kundera

Or does that not count because it doesn't fit your grouch-centric opinion?

Slaphead in Qatar

This is according to a few uk newspapers. On a free. Central defender from atheletico bilboa. Venezuelan international. Papers are saying he is a decent player and arsenal were also in for him.

Admin

I take it you didn't see the 3 page long merged thread about all this below by any chance?  :hook:

King_Crud

Quote from: Admin on April 16, 2013, 08:38:18 AM
I take it you didn't see the 3 page long merged thread about all this below by any chance?  :hook:

search to see if a  thread already exists on a subject in FOF? You're having a laugh

Slaphead in Qatar

Sorry guys. In my excitement at seeing a new transfer, i was a little trigger happy.

FFCByTheRiver

Numerous very credible sources running with this one. I have to say I think it's true - I'll be pleased if it is. We've been crying out for a new CB really, and this guy is ace. It's true that he's picked up a lot of bookings, but then he's a physical player playing in La Liga where the game is non-contact more or less.

That video really clears up the boot/face incident!!

JBH

Quote from: BenjyUK on April 16, 2013, 09:32:55 AM
Numerous very credible sources running with this one. I have to say I think it's true - I'll be pleased if it is. We've been crying out for a new CB really, and this guy is ace. It's true that he's picked up a lot of bookings, but then he's a physical player playing in La Liga where the game is non-contact more or less.

That video really clears up the boot/face incident!!

Yes it look totally accidental to me  065.gif

fulhamfan

im not convinced until i see it on the official site

JackyFulham90

I won't believe it until It's on the website but would be a positive signing, but what would that mean for Dan Burn?

filham

I too believe nothing until it is on the club website, but if true it means that we have made an early signing for next season giving the player plenty of time to settle. It could be good news.

Lighthouse

The news is he turned down a five year contract to come to Fulham on a four year contract for less money. All very doubtful but could be the Prem and certain first team football is the draw.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

..Kya.ffc..

Quote from: filham on April 16, 2013, 10:47:03 AM
I too believe nothing until it is on the club website, but if true it means that we have made an early signing for next season giving the player plenty of time to settle. It could be good news.

Almost the most impressing, us making an early signing - that said, it is on a free, so not as impressive as if we had to pay for him.  :dft011:

All in all, we need new blood in defence. Personally I do not know much about him but would welcome him here. Must be Hughes last season for us then.

But let's see if it's gonna happen.
Beers may have been involved in this post.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: ..Kya.ffc.. on April 16, 2013, 11:21:51 AM
Almost the most impressing, us making an early signing - that said, it is on a free, so not as impressive as if we had to pay for him.  :dft011:

Surely it's more impressive getting a guy on a free than paying for someone of equal talent? ;P

Admin

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 16, 2013, 11:16:04 AM
The news is he turned down a five year contract to come to Fulham on a four year contract for less money. All very doubtful but could be the Prem and certain first team football is the draw.

If he's coming on a free, it'll mean that he can negotiate a bigger signing on fee, so the money he loses on wages, he'll bump up with his signing on fee over the 4 years. Realistically, he'll lose nothing but get his dream of playing in the Prem.

rusty shackleford

He had a 26m Euro buy out clause in his contract at Bilbao, so getting him for free has to be good business!

Baider

Players from La Liga jump at the opportunity to come and play in the premier league so I'm sure thats the reasoning behind him rejecting a 5 year contract with higher wages

God The Mechanic

Quote from: rusty shackleford on April 16, 2013, 12:13:02 PM
He had a 26m Euro buy out clause in his contract at Bilbao, so getting him for free has to be good business!

I wouldn't put too much weight on Spanish buy out clauses.  Every player has to have one, so they're often ridiculously high even for very average players.  Then there's the question over whether the buyout clause includes or excludes tax, then there's the act that the player has to buy out the contract apparently.  Remember reading an article on it a few years back, and it was super messy.