watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (16/04/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, April 16, 2013, 04:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

That's Amore! Fulham agree deal to sign Athletic Bilbao defender Fernando Amorebieta

Venezuela centre-back was previously linked with Arsenal but will arrive at Craven Cottage in the summer

Smooth operator: Amorebieta is a ball playing centre back
Getty Images

Fulham have agreed to sign Athletic Bilbao centre-back Fernando Amorebieta, according to reports from Spain.

The 28-year-old's contract expires in June and he has been on the lookout for a move the Premier League. Despite interest from a number of clubs, it appears he has signed a four-year deal with the West London outfit.

The Venezuela international, who has made eight appearances for his country, hired representatives to secure a move to England and is understood to have turned down a series of lucrative offers from elsewhere. Russian clubs were interested in the defender but his intention was always to play in the Premier League.

Arsenal have also been previously linked with the player but Fulham appear to have won the chase after Amorebieta rejected better terms to stay at Athletic in favour of playing for the Cottagers.

A bust up with coach  Marcelo Bielsa convinced Amorebieta to leave - as well as seeing other high profile players including Javi Martinez and Fernando Llorente also move to different leagues.

Amorebieta is a ball playing centre back, smooth in possession and confident at stepping out of the backline. His main strengths are his aerial ability and ball distribution.

The player's disciplinary record has always been his downfall however, with 11 red cards during his time in Spain. He'll need to improve the cynical fouling and rash side of his game if he's to prove a success in England's top flight.

You can get the full lowdown on the card happy defender from our scouting report.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-agree-deal-sign-athletic-1833753?#ixzz2Qat0sTbC
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

WhiteJC

Fulham loanee Matthew Briggs returns for Watford's trip to Millwall

Picture: Holly Cant

Matthew Briggs and Alex Geijo have returned to fitness and will be hoping to make Watford's squad for tomorrow's trip to Millwall.

Briggs failed a late fitness test on Saturday afternoon so missed the defeat to Peterborough United but with Marco Cassetti suspended for one match following his red card, the Fulham loanee will have a good chance of being involved at the Den.

Zola said: "Matthew Briggs is fine. He has recovered. He had a groin problem at the weekend so it was too risky to play him or put him on the bench."

The Italian added: "Alex Geijo is also back and fit for tomorrow. He picked up a problem with his knee which he twisted in training so we had to leave him out."

Tommie Hoban (ankle), Neuton (shoulder), Nyron Nosworthy (ankle) and Connor Smith (knee) remain on the sidelines due to injuries.

Both John Eustace and Fitz Hall have made progress following their respective problems but will also miss the trip.

Zola said: "Fitz Hall is getting better and better. Tomorrow he will be having another assessment but he certainly won't be ready for the Millwall game."

"John Eustace is still not fit," Zola continued. "He is much better and has been training for the last two weeks but is not match fit."

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/watfordfc/watfordfcnews/10356424._/?

WhiteJC

Fulham vs Chelsea: Complete Preview of EPL Derby

Chelsea travel the short distance across Hammersmith and Fulham to Craven Cottage to face their neighbors in the West London derby. Fulham FC have a passionate dislike for Chelsea, primarily because Stamford Bridge is a few meters on the wrong side of the Kensington and Chelsea borough boundary.

The Blues don't feel the same about the Cottagers, as the song "We don't hate you, 'cause you're.... not very good (sic)" proves. However, a stalemate at Stamford Bridge in the reverse fixture this season sent Chelsea sliding down the table, and they will be looking to salvage some pride after a disappointing defeat to Manchester City in the FA Cup during the weekend.

Fulham have broken the 40-point safety barrier with six games left to play, and with another season of top-flight football assured, they have little other than bragging rights to play for.

Manager Rafa Benitez will more than likely rest players ahead of the weekend trip to Anfield, so don't be surprised if Victor Moses and Marko Marin start in place of Eden Hazard and Juan Mata. John Terry and Frank Lampard should return, having both missed out on a semifinal appearance against City, and Fernando "Zorres" will likely be the starting striker.

Probable Chelsea lineup vs. Fulham

Ex-Chelsea man Damian Duff was substituted after 10 minutes of Fulham's 0-0 draw with Aston Villa this past weekend but could return for this derby, while Dimitar Betbatov will certainly be looking to add to his tally of 13 goals so far this season.

The Cottagers typically play a 4-4-1-1 formation, with their wingers providing most of the support for Berbatov. Chelsea will rely on their full-backs to counter this threat, and Cesar Azpilicueta will need to improve on his performance at Wembley to ensure they get the required result.

Anything but a win will not be good enough for the Blues. Having lost their last two matches in all competitions, failing to beat their noisy, yet less successful, neighbors would hugely impact their chances of playing Champions League football in 2013-14.

SkyBet are offering 5-6 on for a Blues win, alongside a draw at 11-4 and a Fulham win at 3-1. The game kicks off at 8 p.m. GMT on Wednesday, April 17, and you can follow it right here on Bleacher Report.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1605191-fulham-vs-chelsea-complete-preview-of-epl-derby?

WhiteJC

Rafael Benitez urges Chelsea to show Cottage industry at Fulham

Chelsea interim manager Rafael Benitez has hailed his side's Premier League clash at Fulham 'massive' as the Blues chase Champions League qualification.

After yesterday's FA Cup woe at the hands of Manchester City, Benitez is now focusing on the west London derby at Craven Cottage and keeping pace with third-placed Arsenal, who host Everton tomorrow night.

Chelsea can also consolidate their position ahead of fifth-placed Spurs.

'We have a massive game coming now this week,' Benitez said. 'We have two games in the Premier League – the target for us – and then after we will start thinking about the Europa League.

'The main one is Fulham on Wednesday. We know it will be tough, difficult, but still we have confidence we can win.' Left-back Ashley Cole is nearing a return from his hamstring injury, but is unlikely to be fit for Craven Cottage, where Benitez is certain to make further changes.

The Spaniard made seven changes to his starting XI between the matches with Rubin Kazan and City, with captain John Terry and Frank Lampard being unused substitutes at the national stadium. Both players are near-certainties to be involved on Wednesday evening.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/15/rafael-benitez-urges-chelsea-to-show-cottage-industry-at-fulham-3617290/?

WhiteJC

Fulham v Chelsea: match preview
Read a full preview of the Premier League game between West Ham United and Manchester United at Upton Park on Wednesday April 17 2013, kick-off 19.45 (BST).

Wednesday, April 17 2013
Fulham v Chelsea
Craven Cottage
Kick-off: 20.00 BST.

Fulham (Possible, 4-2-3-1): Schwarzer; Reither, Hangeland, Senderos, Richardson; Karagounis, Enoh; Ruiz, Emanuelson, Duff; Berbatov.
Out: Dejagah (ankle), Diarra (knee), Petric (thigh), Sidwell (suspended).

Chelsea (Possible, 4-2-3-1): Cech; Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Terry, Bertrand; Luiz, Lampard; Hazard, Mata, Oscar; Ba.
Out: Cole (hamstring), Romeu (knee), Cahill (knee).

Referee: Mike Dean. Matches: 21, R3 Y77.

Match Notes
Rafael Benítez's rotation policy will continue as Chelsea bid to maintain their hopes of finishing in the Premier League's top four.

As derby games go, this is often relatively gentle affair and with Fulham comfortably placed, the visitors will expect an easy passage.

The last clash ended without goals, with Fulham frustrating Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, and Martin Jol would be delighted to take another point off the neighbours.

Betting: Home 16-5, Away 17-20, Draw 5-2.

Stat of the game: The last four Premier League meetings between Chelsea and Fulham have ended in draws.

John Ley's prediction: Fulham 2 Chelsea 2.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/9985434/Fulham-v-Chelsea-match-preview.html

WhiteJC

Benitez attempts to rally the troops ahead of 'massive' game

Interim Chelsea manager Rafael Benitez has described the game against Fulham as 'massive' in terms of the race to finish in the top four and says the players should forget about the Europa League until after the weekend.

The Blues hope that they can bounce back from their 2-1 defeat against Manchester City yesterday by beating local rivals Fulham at Craven Cottage on Wednesday night. We also have a big match against Liverpool to think about at the weekend.

"We have a massive game coming now this week.

"We have two games in the Premier League – the target for us – and then after we will start thinking about the Europa League.

"The main one is Fulham on Wednesday. We know it will be tough, difficult, but still we have confidence we can win."

(The Metro)

Finishing in the Champions League places has always been the priority for the club despite ambition to try to win every competition we enter and we still may win the Europa League, but it would amount to nothing if we forsake our league form.

We're in a good position as we are just a point behind Arsenal in third and have a game in hand over the Gunners. A win against Fulham could also consolidate our position over fifth placed Tottenham, who have also played one more game than Chelsea and are on 58 points also.

Fulham won their last two London derbies against Spurs and QPR, they have also drawn their last five matches against Chelsea, so it may not be straightforward for Benitez's side. We have also lost our last three away matches in the Premier League and will need to buck up our ideas if we want to get the necessary results at both Craven Cottage and Anfield.

http://theshedender.com/2013/04/view-from-the-shed/benitez-attempts-to-rally-the-troops-ahead-of-massive-game?

WhiteJC

Chelsea full back: We must regroup from Manchester City loss for Fulham

Chelsea full back Cesar Azpilicueta has called on his side to regroup going into the final matches of their season.

The Blues are in the Europa League semi finals and have seven games remaining in the Premier League.

The west Londoners bowed out of the FA Cup after a 2-1 defeat to Manchester City in the semi final at Wembley on Sunday and have a vital league game against Fulham on Wednesday.

"It's difficult," Azpilicueta said. "It's the last month. We're in one semi final now in the Europa League. We are fighting for third place.

"We need to refocus and not think about that. We need to win and it doesn't matter the way to do it."

He added: "We have one month. Champions League is massive for us next season. We're going to try and get in."

The Blues have played 15 games more than the Citizens and it showed in the first-half.

The west London outfit had also only returned from their Europa League game with Rubin Kazan on Thursday night.

"It's the reality that we've played 15 games more than Manchester City and we played three days ago in Moscow," he added.

"It's the reality. We are professional. We do our best to prepare for the game.

"It's normal that we feel a bit more tired and out of steam.

"We made two semi finals of the Capital One Cup and we've played a lot of games."

Chelsea have now lost two semi finals and have also fallen short in the Community Shield, Club World Cup and Super Cup showpiece games.

"It's not normal for Chelsea but it's the reality now," Azpilicueta admitted.

"Now we need to refocus on the future.

"We have the semi final of the Europa League and fight for a Champions League place.

"At the end of the season we will look at the balance of the season. Now it's one month of the competition left."

http://www.london24.com/sport/chelsea/chelsea_full_back_we_must_regroup_from_manchester_city_loss_for_fulham_1_2019204

WhiteJC

Fulham All Stars

The Club is pleased to confirm that it will be hosting an All Stars Charity Cup Match at Craven Cottage on Saturday 18th May (Kick-Off 2pm).
A Fulham All Stars team will be playing Sealand All Stars in a one-off fixture, with all monies raised being equally split between Fulham Football Club Foundation and the Club's Official Charity Partner for 2013, Shooting Star CHASE.

Tickets are available to buy online, by phone on 0843 208 1234 (Option 1), or in person at the Ticket Office and will priced at £10 for Adults and £5 for Concessions (Under 16s/Over 65s).

Already confirmed to take part in the day are Fulham favourites Kit Symons, Sean Davis, Rufus Brevett, Kevin Betsy and Barry Hayles.

Further details regarding the day will be announced shortly, along with more player names - so make sure you watch this space!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/april/16/fulham-all-stars?

WhiteJC

Enoh to show why Martin Jol rates him so highly

Making strides: Eyong Enoh is hoping to turn it on against Chelsea tomorrow after impressing at Aston Villa last weekend

Eyong Enoh is ready to reveal to Fulham fans what they have been missing and make his mark in the Premier League. The on-loan Ajax midfielder has struggled with fitness since moving to Craven Cottage in January, restricting him to just 153 minutes of first-team football.

But after making his debut as a substitute against Tottenham last month, Enoh has started Fulham's past two games with Steve Sidwell missing through suspension.

The Cameroon international is likely to retain his place against Chelsea tomorrow and is eager to show why manager Martin Jol rates him so highly.

"The boss knows what I can do but the fans do not know and the Premier League does not know," said Enoh, who played under Jol at Ajax.

"I spoke with the manager before I came and he knew that I needed to train a bit more intensely and play one or two games with the reserve team to get my rhythm.

"I was really pleased to play 90 minutes against Aston Villa on Saturday. That was the first senior game I have completed this year and I am looking forward to having an opportunity to play as much as I can. I am really looking forward to showing the Fulham fans what I can do because there is a lot more to come from me."

So what can Fulham supporters expect from the 27-year-old?

"I am the type of player that likes fighting for the team," said Enoh. "I prefer to win the ball and give it to players but when I am on top of my game, I have the ability to go forward and score goals as well.

"The Premier League is a league that I have watched for a long time and it suits my style of play and the qualities that I have. I always dreamed about playing here since watching Cameroon players like Marc-Vivien Foe for West Ham and Rigobert Song at Liverpool and then West Ham."

Enoh arrived at Craven Cottage with real pedigree, having won consecutive Dutch titles and playing in the Champions League for Ajax.

He shares Fulham's footballing philosophy and believes his education in Holland will help him become a success in the Premier League.

"At Ajax we played quick, passing football," he said. "In England, if you do not have the ability to hold the ball you are dead for the whole game. It really suits me that we want to play football as well."

Fulham have an option to make the move a permanent one this summer but Enoh will not make a decision on his future until the end of the season.

"I wanted to make a move to get a fresh inspiration in my career and I think Fulham is the right place for me to get that," he said.

"I just want to focus on giving the best I can for the team and discovering the Premier League."

Fulham take on Chelsea at Craven Cottage tomorrow (8pm) and tickets are available to buy on General Sale. For further information or to buy tickets, visit: www.fulhamfc.com/tickets

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/enoh-to-show-why-martin-jol-rates-him-so-highly-8574522.html

WhiteJC

Next Up: Chelsea

ollowing our away point at Villa Park at the weekend, the Whites' next match is against Chelsea on Wednesday 17th April (8pm). Tickets are available to buy on General Sale now, but hurry as tickets are running out.

Fulham have not lost a Barclays Premier League match to our South-West London rivals since November 2010, with the last four clashes all ending in draws. Join us as we aim to extend our unbeaten run against the Blues in Wednesday's derby match under the floodlights, by purchasing your tickets today.

Supporters can buy their tickets online or by visiting or calling the Ticket Office on 0843 208 1234 (Option 1).

Grab one of the few remaining tickets to ensure you're in SW6 to cheer on Martin Jol's Team!
Buy online

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/april/16/next-up-chelsea?

WhiteJC

Fulham, Everton and Wigan keen on Spanish keeper – report

Fulham are battling to sign Espanyol goalkeeper Kiko Casilla, according to The Sun.

Everton and Wigan are also said to be interested in the 26-year-old along with Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Espanyol are apparently asking for only £1m for Casilla, who left Real six years ago.

Harry Redknapp wants talks with QPR chairman Tony Fernandes when the club's relegation is confirmed, the Daily Mirror report.

It is suggested that Redknapp is willing to stay on as manager but equally willing to leave, with a number of clubs apparently likely to be interested in hiring him.

Meanwhile, Chelsea are on alert after Napoli striker Edinson Cavani revealed he is considering his future, the Daily Express say.

It comes after Cavani told Italian newspaper La Repubblica: "I'm fine in Naples, but  there are lots of things to consider.

"I can only say that I will give my all in this shirt until the last day I wear it."

It is claimed Chelsea and Manchester City want the Uruguayan and that Arsenal could make a move for him if their Middle East takeover goes through.

City are touted as the frontrunners for the 26-year-old, who reportedly has a £60m release clause, with Real Madrid also said to be interested.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/football-2/fulham-everton-and-wigan-keen-on-argentine-keeper-report

WhiteJC

Fulham v Chelsea

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Venue: Craven Cottage Date: Wednesday, 17 April

Fulham's Damien Duff misses out against his former club Chelsea with the thigh strain that forced him off against Aston Villa at the weekend.

Midfielder Steve Sidwell completes a three-match suspension.

Chelsea manager Rafa Benitez is again expected to make several changes, with club captain John Terry and Frank Lampard in line for recalls.

Ashley Cole and Gary Cahill will not be rushed back from respective hamstring and knee injuries.

MATCH PREVIEW

The Europa League is now the only silverware that Chelsea can win this season, but it is the Champions League that occupies their focus.

Sunday's FA Cup semi-final defeat by Manchester City means that seven trophy chances have passed by for Chelsea this season.

Interim manager Rafa Benitez says his challenge is to keep the players' minds on the battle to secure the top-four spot that would grant them a return to the Champions League they won last May.

"We have two games in the Premier League - the target for us - and then after we will start thinking about the Europa League," said Benitez.

"The main one is Fulham on Wednesday. We know it will be tough, difficult, but still we have confidence we can win."

The more modest aim for Fulham this season is to finish in the top half of the table. Craven Cottage hosts two London derbies this week, with Arsenal visiting on Saturday, and goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer believes there's no danger of his team-mates coasting to the end of the season.

"We've got six games remaining and the target will be to try and get to that point where we are mathematically safe and then we'll try and finish as high as possible in the table," he said.

"There are points available and it's good from a psychological point of view and it's good for momentum for next season if we can prove to people that Fulham deserve to be in the top half of the table."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head
Fulham's only win over Chelsea in the last 32 league and cup meetings spanning more than 33 years was 1-0 at Craven Cottage in March 2006, when Luis Boa Morte scored the only goal.

The last four league meetings between the sides have been drawn.

This is the 81st meeting between the clubs; Chelsea lead by 42 wins to Fulham's 11, with 27 draws.

Fulham
Fulham have only lost one of their last seven league matches (W3, D3, L1).
They would be fifth if matches ended at half-time.
Martin Jol's side have only recouped five points (all draws) from losing positions this season - the worst record in the division.
They have benefited from five own goals this season, a league-high with Manchester United.
Dimitar Berbatov has scored five goals in his last six Premier League appearances. Ten of his 13 goals for Fulham have come before half-time.

Chelsea
Chelsea have only earned one point from their previous four away matches, losing the last three. They have not lost four successive away games in the Premier League since a five-match streak between October and December 2000.
The Blues are five points better off than at the same stage last season.
They have lost one of last seven away London derbies in the league - the 3-1 defeat by West Ham on 1 December.
Frank Lampard has scored six league goals at Craven Cottage - more than at any other ground except Bolton's Reebok Stadium (seven). His next appearance will be his 600th for Chelsea, and he is two goals shy of Bobby Tambling's club record tally of 202,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22088943?

WhiteJC

Bilbao stunned by Fulham swoop

Athletic Bilbao have been stunned to learn that Fernando Amorebieta will join Fulham on a free for less than they offered him to stay.

Fulham are understood to have agreed a four-year deal to bring the Venezuelan international defender to Craven Cottage in the summer. The 28-year-old centre-back's contract with the Basque club expires in June and he decided against signing a new deal there to exercise his right to leave as a free agent. Voz Populi claims today that Amorebieta turned down the chance to renew his contract with Athletic Bilbao for five more years on a contract worth €1.8 million per year - more than he has accepted to sign pre-contract terms with Fulham. He broke off his relationship with his agent Gorka Arrinda, who had negotiated the new contract with Athletic, to instruct a British-based agency to find him a club in the Premier League. The 6ft 4inch defender was also linked with a move to Arsenal during the January transfer window.

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/bilbao-stunned-by-fulham-swoop-1577070.html?

WhiteJC

Urby's Chelsea Hope

He's played in the famous Milan derby and the Dutch 'Klassieker' – so Urby Emanuelson knows all about rivalries in football.

The 26-year-old also recognises just how important our game against Chelsea is on Wednesday night, with the midfielder hopeful that he will be involved in his first SW6 derby.

Emanuelson impressed in Saturday's 1-1 draw with Aston Villa, with the Dutchman making his first start for Fulham following his loan switch from AC Milan last January.

"I was very happy to be in the starting line-up," explained Urby to fulhamfc.com. "It has taken me a little while to get used to the way the team plays, and it was difficult for me at first.

"When you come in, all you want to do is hit the ground running, but there are lots of things to consider, like a new environment, new culture, new city and new way of playing.

"As the weeks have progressed, though, I have felt stronger and, as a result, I was happy with my performance at Villa Park. It was a shame that we didn't win, but a point away from home is still good.

"Following the loss at Newcastle United the previous week, it was important that we took something and bounced back. Hopefully, we can do even better in our next match because with six games to play there are still a lot of points to be won. That said, our next game comes against Chelsea, which we know will be a difficult fixture. I've heard that these matches are very intense; it's one that the fans really want to win. That's what derby matches are all about.

"The Manager has told me all about our games with Chelsea, and it would make us very happy if we can get the result. It's a chance to create a bit of history, because these are the matches that the fans remember especially. The atmosphere is always good in these types of matches, they're very noisy and that adds to the experience. I'm sure Craven Cottage will be full and the supporters will be there getting right behind the team.

"I've been very fortunate to play for AC Milan against their rivals Inter Milan, and played for Ajax when they faced Feyenoord. In Holland that is called the Klassieker, and, although the two teams are not from the same city, the rivalry is massive. These are games that neither side wants to lose.

"It was great to be out there on Saturday, and I'm ready to play my part again. Whether that comes against Chelsea on Wednesday I don't know - I certainly hope so."

Fulham enter Wednesday's encounter having notched up their 40th point of the 2012/13 campaign, and determination to finish the season strongly is running deep. Chelsea have much to play for too, with the Blues eyeing a spot in next season's UEFA Champions League.

"People say that the pressure is off now that we have 40 points," added Urby. "I know that when I first came in at the end of January, that was always the target. I don't think the pressure is totally off, in football you can never rest on what you have – it's always about moving forward.

"Another win would certainly help our situation, and make it a memorable night for our fans. If you look at the likes of Swansea City and West Bromwich Albion that are above us in the table, there's no reason why we can't catch and overtake them. As the season draws to a close, that has to be the aim. We've reached 40 points and now we'll take each game as it comes to see what we can do."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/april/16/urby-emanuelson-previews-chelsea?

WhiteJC

Dejagah's first Fulham season a success

Fulham FanZoner Robert Hopping sings the praises of Ashkan Dejagah, the Iran winger who's enjoyed a superb debut campaign at Craven Cottage.

It quietly slipped under the radar last week - the news that Ashkan Dejagah will be out for the rest of the season with a ruptured ankle ligament following his collision with an advertising board in Fulham's 3-2 home victory over QPR.

Whilst not as well known outside SW6 as perhaps players of the ilk of Dimitar Berbatov or Brede Hangeland, Dejagah has been a very important player this season and will be missed sorely by Fulham fans and the team alike.

Dejagah was signed by Martin Jol on transfer deadline day last summer for an undisclosed fee from Wolfsburg, where he had spent the previous five seasons and had made over 150 first team appearances. He won a Bundesliga title whilst there and became an important member of the squad.

He also represented Germany's Under-21s, (which is no mean feat) but chose instead to represent Iran at full international level, where he scored both goals in February 2012 against Qatar in a 2-2 draw in a 2014 World Cup qualifier. While the aforementioned Berbatov has rightly taken a lot of plaudits this season thanks to his 13 goals and general link-up play, Dejagah has been steadily putting in decent game after decent game. He is tricky with his feet and is not afraid to run at the opposition and go past them.

Combining well with full-back Sascha Riether down the right flank (as they also did for Wolfsburg), Dejagah has passed and jinked his way past many a Premier League midfield and is always a decent outlet if the defence is under pressure.

Dejagah has yet to register a goal for Fulham and this is the only blot against an impressive first season in English football. Yet with one assist, 18 'key' passes and an 81% pass completion rate, next season promises much.

He has made 24 first-team appearances and it is a credit to his performances that Jol, when speaking about Dejagah's injury, stated: "It's disappointing. When you come to England you have to cope with the Premier League and that is what he did... we needed his pace and his ability on the ball. He was man-of-the-match a couple of times."

When it comes to deciding on the Fulham player of the year, a thought should go to Dejagah. Berbatov has obviously been sublime on occasions and Mark Schwarzer has been his brilliant and game-saving self, but Dejagah offers something a little different. His consistently exciting and attack-minded performances have endeared him to all at Craven Cottage and the club will be more than happy to cheer him on come the start of next season.

By Robert Hopping, FanZone's Fulham blogger. Follow him on Twitter at @RobKatSam - and don't forget to follow @FanZone too!

http://www.teamtalk.com/fanzone/15164/8643524/Dejagah-s-first-Fulham-season-a-success?

WhiteJC

Galatasaray scout Fulham starlet Kerim Frei

Galatasaray sporting director Bülent Tulun has travelled to England and is expected to prepare a scouting report for Fulham FC winger Kerim Frei as the Istanbul side start their preparations for the summer transfer window.

Frei was born in Feldkirch, Austria however, was raised in Switzerland and has Turkish citizenship. Despite his age the explosive winger featured in 16 Premiership games for the Cottagers last season.

The 19-year-old winger has made appearances in five Premier League games this season, however, was ruled out for much of the season with injury and spent the early part of 2012-13 on loan at Cardiff City.

Frei recently switched allegiances from the Switzerland U-19 national team to the senior Turkish national team and was called up for his first international on 15 August 2012 against Austria.

Galatasaray have been closely monitoring Frei, earlier in the season Terim said,"We scouted Kerim Frei last season as well.

"We have been scouting Frei for over a year and remain interested. We will make an offer for him at the end of the season."

Frei's contract with Fulham runs until 2015, the young prospect is currently valued in the region of €3 million.

http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=4452

WhiteJC

Fulham man set to miss derby games

Fulham manager Martin Jol has confirmed that Damien Duff will miss the west London derby against Chelsea on Wednesday and is unlikely to return for Saturday's clash with Arsenal.

Duff, who has a groin problem, was withdrawn in the 11th minute of the weekend draw at Aston Villa.

Jol said: "Damien is a bit better but he won't be available against Chelsea and I don't think he will be available against Arsenal either."

Meanwhile, winger Ashkan Dejagah has had successful surgery on an ankle ligament injury but will not play again this season.

And on-loan Ajax midfielder Eyong Enoh has shaken off an ankle knock.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-man-set-to-miss-derby-games

WhiteJC

Chelsea duo to return for derby day with Fulham

Captain John Terry and midfielder Frank Lampard are expected to return when Chelsea bid to consolidate their top-four place in the Premier League at Fulham tomorrow.

The experienced pair were unused in Sunday's FA Cup semi-final loss to Manchester City at Wembley, but interim boss Rafael Benitez is poised to rotate his squad once more as Chelsea's congested schedule continues with the west London derby.

Striker Fernando Torres could also start in a week which will end with Chelsea going to his former club Liverpool, but Ashley Cole (hamstring), his fellow England defender Gary Cahill (knee) and long-term absentee Oriol Romeu (knee) remain out, while Marko Marin (hip) is doubtful.

Provisional squad: Cech, Turnbull, Hilario, Ivanovic, Ferreira, Bertrand, Luiz, Terry, Azpilicueta, Ramires, Oscar, Mata, Benayoun, Mikel, Moses, Lampard, Hazard, Marin, Torres, Ake, Ba.

http://www.london24.com/sport/chelsea/chelsea_duo_to_return_for_derby_day_with_fulham_1_2020202

WhiteJC

Jol's Chelsea Preview

Martin Jol hopes Fulham can record an overdue win over Chelsea when the two sides meet at Craven Cottage on Wednesday evening (8pm).

The Whites have only defeated our SW6 rivals once since our promotion back to the top flight in 2001, but our Manager is optimistic that the elusive win craved by Fulham fans is not far away.

"In the last three league games and the Carling Cup game [against Chelsea], I think we could have beaten them three times," Jol insisted. "Missed penalties and missed chances in the last couple of minutes [meant we didn't], but it's fair to say that they probably had the opportunity to win two as well at the end.

"Hopefully we can have a good result against them on Wednesday. We need a win against them. I've beaten Chelsea once and they were very strong then with Jose Mourinho, but we have taken four draws from them [in the last four matches] and that's not great, but it's not bad either, so hopefully we could get a result on Wednesday to change it."

Much has been made of the Blues' fixture congestion of late – the short trip to the Cottage will be their 60th match of the season – but Jol believes Rafael Benitez's side have enough strength in depth to cope with the situation.

"Sometimes you feel if you've got the rhythm, then that gives you an advantage," he explained. "We played, of course, on Saturday, we will play again on Wednesday, and then we play against Arsenal [this Saturday], so it's about legs and it depends on who's playing.

"If they play the same team then a problem could occur and, if not, I think they are big enough as a squad to play four or five different players, and I think they probably will."

In addition to Steve Sidwell missing the clash as he sits out the final match of his suspension, another Chelsea old boy will be sidelined for the derby after suffering a knock against Aston Villa on Saturday.

Damien Duff lasted just 11 minutes in Birmingham and while Jol revealed that the injury was not as severe as initially feared, the winger is not likely to play any part in the week's fixtures.

"Damien Duff is a bit better than we thought," the Dutchman admitted. "He won't be available [on Wednesday] and I don't think he will be available against Arsenal, but things look better than we thought.

"In other team news, Ashkan Dejagah had his surgery and he will be out until June or July – the surgery went well. Eyong Enoh had a little problem with his right ankle but he is fine and, of course, Mahamadou Diarra is out."

Tickets are on General Sale for Wednesday's SW6 derby with Chelsea and are available to purchase online, or by visiting or calling the Ticket Office on 0843 208 1234 (Option 1).

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/april/16/jols-chelsea-preview?