watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham v Chelsea match thread

Started by The King, April 17, 2013, 07:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillNRoc

Another dismal effort on both offense and defense, Senderos typically clueless about marking the main threats at the back, Petric and Ruiz unable to p*ss in the ocean, lots of effort from The Greek, one good chance from Urby...and why was Berbatov playing behind Petric? Sure, the manager told him to, but what was he thinking?

Understood that Chels playing for something and we weren't, but a sorry performance for all the Fulham fans paying good money for those tickets. If the team's not going to show up, why not forfeit and refund the tickets? Bah.

CanadianCottager

epsomraver my good friend, haven't seen you around this board in weeks, how nice of you stop by today!

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Sector9 on April 17, 2013, 09:55:43 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on April 17, 2013, 09:53:33 PM
Quote from: God The Mechanic on April 17, 2013, 09:51:05 PM
Quote from: T.G. on April 17, 2013, 09:47:40 PM
Things are not as bad as you think they are. We were kinda unlucky and missed some great chances. Shocking performance by Petric, Berbatov and Kara fought a lot and did well for me. Ruiz is playing dreadful tho...

Had the penalty been given, or Petric not ballsed up the Senderos header the second half would have been very different.

And the Ruiz miss in the 3rd minute...

It wasn't a great performance, but the scoreline flatters chelsea, and the David Luiz goal came from nothing. Overall, a disappointing result, but from what's been said, Jol intends to build over the summer. I have faith.

Ruiz was so bad, why he didn't go in with his head I have no idea.. and he just blocked rodellega's free kick for no apparent reason.

I feel the premier league is just not the league for him... sorry Ruiz, I'm not on your side anymore.

He didn't block the free kick it hit him, and he's done plenty tonight. Played five superb through balls and should've if the ref had been half decent won us a penalty. Not too mention several good interceptions.
He was fine tonight, one of the better performers in fact.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: BillNRoc on April 17, 2013, 10:01:22 PM
Another dismal effort on both offense and defense, Senderos typically clueless about marking the main threats at the back, Petric and Ruiz unable to p*ss in the ocean, lots of effort from The Greek, one good chance from Urby...and why was Berbatov playing behind Petric? Sure, the manager told him to, but what was he thinking?

Understood that Chels playing for something and we weren't, but a sorry performance for all the Fulham fans paying good money for those tickets. If the team's not going to show up, why not forfeit and refund the tickets? Bah.

Plenty of people called for Petric to start. As for Senderos what has he done wrong exactly?

SaltfordWhite

Quote from: BillNRoc on April 17, 2013, 10:01:22 PM

???

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: epsomraver on April 17, 2013, 09:43:02 PM
Quote from: Danitar on April 17, 2013, 09:40:26 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on April 17, 2013, 09:36:36 PM
Jol out
Get lost

No, Jol out, he has no idea, we are so slow doing anything!

We're 10th having lost Dempsey and Dembele and not replacing them. What more do you expect?

CanadianCottager

Quote from: The Moose on April 17, 2013, 10:03:18 PM
Things are not as bad as you think they are. We were kinda unlucky and missed some great chances. Shocking performance by Petric, Berbatov and Kara fought a lot and did well for me. Ruiz is playing dreadful tho...

Had the penalty been given, or Petric not ballsed up the Senderos header the second half would have been very different.

It wasn't a great performance, but the scoreline flatters chelsea, and the David Luiz goal came from nothing. Overall, a disappointing result, but from what's been said, Jol intends to build over the summer. I have faith.

Ruiz was so bad, why he didn't go in with his head I have no idea.. and he just blocked rodellega's free kick for no apparent reason.

I feel the premier league is just not the league for him... sorry Ruiz, I'm not on your side anymore.

He didn't block the free kick it hit him, and he's done plenty tonight. Played five superb through balls and should've if the ref had been half decent won us a penalty. Not too mention several good interceptions.

Had a very poor game by his standards. Mind you, a poor game by his standards still involved winning a stonewall penalty and some lovely link up play with Berbatov and Emmaneulson. One of his worst games of the season, and he still looked light years ahead of Petric. Fulham looked at their best when he started playing centrally, but shunting him out wide to accomodate Petric was imho what cost us today.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: PaulJ123 on April 17, 2013, 09:56:47 PM
Need MAJOR changes this summer.

Out (just from todays XI):
Schwarzer- still good, but too old
Senderos- awful
Karagounis- too slow, can pick out a pass but getting on
Ruiz- never gonna make it in the premiership it seems. Very gifted player, who i'm sure will thrive in la liga
Petric- today was dreadful and sadly, he has been poor recently.

Get in emanuelson at all costs. Get riether in permanently.

This is the team i'd like to see (unlikely I admit)

Stekelenburg
Riether Amorebieta Hangeland Richardson
Enoh Fer
Dejagah Berbatov Urby
Bony

Deary deary me. I'm not going to make personal attacks but I strongly disagree with pretty much all of that. For goodness sake man how much money do you think we have? To sign Fer, Stekelenburg (who has ruled out moving) and Bony would cost about £25-£30 million.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: CanadianCottager on April 17, 2013, 10:06:43 PM

Had a very poor game by his standards. Mind you, a poor game by his standards still involved winning a stonewall penalty and some lovely link up play with Berbatov and Emmaneulson. One of his worst games of the season, and he still looked light years ahead of Petric. Fulham looked at their best when he started playing centrally, but shunting him out wide to accomodate Petric was imho what cost us today.

Feel you're being very harsh. Agree Petric shouldn't have started but I can see why Jol did start him. I also imagine there are a lot of eggs of faces tonight, so many people said "start Petric".

timmyg

Hey let's play the numbers game! Can't add wages but let's just look at transfer fees!

Chelsea subs:
£23.5m for £7m
£32m for £20m
£18m for £16m
Equaling: £116.5m

Fulham subs:
£0 for £2m
£0 for £0
£0 for £0
Equaling: £2m

Now, guess who lost 3-0!
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

Bassey the warrior

Right, I'm going to move on from this. Can't change the result now.

CanadianCottager

Quote from: The Moose on April 17, 2013, 10:09:55 PM
Quote from: CanadianCottager on April 17, 2013, 10:06:43 PM

Feel you're being very harsh. Agree Petric shouldn't have started but I can see why Jol did start him. I also imagine there are a lot of eggs of faces tonight, so many people said "start Petric".

I was one of them, and I have to say I regret it. Not saying Jol made the wrong decision based on what we had on paper, but tactically speaking it was a gamble that really didn't come off.

PaulJ123

Quote from: The Moose on April 17, 2013, 10:08:01 PM
Quote from: PaulJ123 on April 17, 2013, 09:56:47 PM
Need MAJOR changes this summer.

Out (just from todays XI):
Schwarzer- still good, but too old
Senderos- awful
Karagounis- too slow, can pick out a pass but getting on
Ruiz- never gonna make it in the premiership it seems. Very gifted player, who i'm sure will thrive in la liga
Petric- today was dreadful and sadly, he has been poor recently.

Get in emanuelson at all costs. Get riether in permanently.

This is the team i'd like to see (unlikely I admit)

Stekelenburg
Riether Amorebieta Hangeland Richardson
Enoh Fer
Dejagah Berbatov Urby
Bony

Deary deary me. I'm not going to make personal attacks but I strongly disagree with pretty much all of that. For goodness sake man how much money do you think we have? To sign Fer, Stekelenburg (who has ruled out moving) and Bony would cost about £25-£30 million.

Personal attacks for my opinion? I said it was unlikely but is it really that farfetched??

With all the money we've got over recent windows from sales (dempsey, dembele, zamora etc) throw in the wages we will have probably saved.

Then I'm saying to sell Ruiz which should get ~£8m.

Add another 10m that Al Fayed might be willing to put in, and are we far off £25m? no.

Look, I dont think this will happen and will get other cheaper options in, this is what I would like to happen. No need to disregard it so badly, just because you don't agree.