watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

we are missing djag

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, April 18, 2013, 11:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Since he got injured we have lost a bit of potency. On the plus side enoh has done very well subbing in for sidwell.

Northern Cottager

We are dangerous down one wing...and that is his. Gutted he is out. Going to be tough for the rest of the season going forward unless Frei and Urby pull something out.

fulhamben

Quote from: Northern Cottager on April 18, 2013, 11:43:12 AM
We are dangerous down one wing...and that is his. Gutted he is out. Going to be tough for the rest of the season going forward unless Frei and Urby pull something out.
frei could easily do a job. but jol thinks its better to play our best players out of position rather than use him. getting a bit peed off with his team selection and subs to behonest.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: fulhamben on April 18, 2013, 12:00:40 PM
frei could easily do a job. but jol thinks its better to play our best players out of position rather than use him. getting a bit peed off with his team selection and subs to behonest.

Think he's trying to see out the season and play it safe thinking they will all adapt quickly, isn't the case and from what I've sen of Frei he is lethal at going past people.

fulhamben

Quote from: Northern Cottager on April 18, 2013, 12:02:17 PM

Think he's trying to see out the season and play it safe thinking they will all adapt quickly, isn't the case and from what I've sen of Frei he is lethal at going past people.
we have played berba in ruiz's position a few times, and like i said the other day its not looked good once. berba is by far our best striker and should play as one. and it would not bother me in the slightest if we dumped hugo and petric in the summer as they are both bog standard. so to change the team just to accommidate petric is madness. i was sticking up for him the other day, but a performance like that in our biggest game is  unacceptable

NorfolkJim

Yes, I think we will miss Djag and I'd like to see Frei back in the starting line up

domprague

:plus one:
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

SKSW6

Quote from: fulhamben on April 18, 2013, 12:07:44 PM

we have played berba in ruiz's position a few times, and like i said the other day its not looked good once. berba is by far our best striker and should play as one. and it would not bother me in the slightest if we dumped hugo and petric in the summer as they are both bog standard. so to change the team just to accommidate petric is madness. i was sticking up for him the other day, but a performance like that in our biggest game is  unacceptable

I think the reason he keeps trying to play Berba further back is because he drops there anyway, but like you say it's never worked out. Petric is a good player, it just hasn't worked for us, whether that be because of our systems or something else.

fulhamben

Quote from: SKSW6 on April 18, 2013, 01:05:25 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on April 18, 2013, 12:07:44 PM

I think the reason he keeps trying to play Berba further back is because he drops there anyway, but like you say it's never worked out. Petric is a good player, it just hasn't worked for us, whether that be because of our systems or something else.
probably system. he looked great in his first few games and you dont just lose that over night. probably just rusty too. but when you have berba fit and ready to go why bother getting petric back up to speed.

zschwartz

generally when you see a player do some type of dribbling trick it comes across as superficial or masturbatory but not with dejagah, he knew what he was doing.  it was refreshing to watch him play. his injury is a fairly massive blow going forward.  he creates chances from nothing which is handy because its very often all he's got to work with. the right finally seemed sorted with the riether combination... but that's how it goes. it was nice while it lasted. hoping for a very speedy recovery.

JackyFulham90

I think we miss Dejagah massively, missing him is a blow to us but if we get Duff back we also have Urby , Kaca & Frei so we have enough quality there he is certainly missed though

IranianCottager

Not only we have no right-midfielder as good as Dejagah to fill in for him, but also Riether's game has been severely affected by Ashkan's injury... he simply is so much better playing with Dejagah in front of him - they link up so well.

Yes, Duff, Frei, Emanuelson, Kacaniklic, Manolev are all good wingers, but Dejagah is more complete and dangerous than them. The way he can run at defenders (with PACE), get by them, create chances, link up with his teammates, draw fouls, etc is dearly missed.

Also, Dejagah's biggest room for improvement when he first joined Fulham was:
1) Taking better care of the ball
2) Improving his defensive work

Now, Dejagah recently has not only almost never turned the ball over, but his defensive work has also greatly improved since the Arsenal game, for instance.

There is no doubt that Fulham's best line-up includes Dejagah on the right-wing, and his lack of presence will be very much felt for the rest of the season.

And just Iran's luck that one of our best players will miss our 3 crucial World Cup qualifiers in June, that will decide our fate for whether or not we can qualify for Brazil 2014! Sigh...