watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Interesting note in The Daily Mail today

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, April 25, 2013, 07:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

They were doing a bit about how Roger Federer will be at the Basle v Chelsea game tonight and they used THIS paragraph to compare how British teams in the past have done against the Swiss team.

I quote this WORD FOR WORD

Basle have an enviable record against British teams in Europe, beating Celtic in 2002, Manchester United in 2011 and Tottenham this season. Only Liverpool, with two draws, and Middlesbrough, who beat the Swiss on aggregate in 2006, have emerged unscathed.

NOTHING on Fulham doing the double over them in 2009
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

LondonFulhamWhite

You didn't quote it WORD FOR WORD

You've quoted it word for word.

DiegoFulham

if it'll make Chelsea fans worry tonight then let Basel have their moment in the sun.
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

EJL

Unbelievable. We're still the only British team to make it to the Europa League final   :54:

ffc73

Quote from: EJL on April 25, 2013, 08:21:37 PM
Unbelievable. We're still the only British team to make it to the Europa League final   :54:

You do realise that lot from down the road are going to win it this year don't you?   :031:

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: FFC73 on April 25, 2013, 08:37:42 PM
Quote from: EJL on April 25, 2013, 08:21:37 PM

You do realise that lot from down the road are going to win it this year don't you?   :031:

I don't mind them winning, they are bigger than us, and in that vein should be competing for trophies. It's the fact that the final is in Amsterdam is what annoys me so much. We had a great time in Hamburg, but really AMSTERDAM!!! Why do they get all the luck, given that they also got to go to Prague earlier in the competition
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Travers Barney

I'll never forget that night even if they have.

coyw
We are the whites

Burt

Quote from: Travers Barney on April 25, 2013, 08:45:06 PM

coyw

Cracking couple of days... We were there... That's what counts.

Travers Barney

Quote from: Burt on April 25, 2013, 09:03:42 PM
Quote from: Travers Barney on April 25, 2013, 08:45:06 PM

coyw

Cracking couple of days... We were there... That's what counts.

We got the last flight back out before the snow came...never seen so many absolutley hanging fulham fans...all behaving with absolute drunken dignity of course!!....my brother was not so fortunate...didnt get back till the Monday after!

My favourite trip.

coyw
We are the whites

Jimpav

Fantastic trip and and an amazing game. No one would have had us down for an away win but two goals just before half time left us in dreamland. Schwarzers penalty save and those nervy last minutes after they scored a 2nd.

The reaction of the players at the end of the match will stay with me for a long time, particular Pantsil trying to throw his shirt to the crowd (not comprehending the safety netting). Walking back to the city as the snow fell and tram after tram full of Fulham fans passing into the night.

Stayed up for a few beers before getting the easyjet flight back to Gatwick. Somehow managed a fry up and then into work for 11am.

The only thing that could have topped that week would have been watching us beatUnited 3-0 a couple of days later. Oh...

Supermitch

Quote from: Jimpav on April 25, 2013, 10:23:07 PM
Fantastic trip and and an amazing game. No one would have had us down for an away win but two goals just before half time left us in dreamland. Schwarzers penalty save and those nervy last minutes after they scored a 2nd.

The reaction of the players at the end of the match will stay with me for a long time, particular Pantsil trying to throw his shirt to the crowd (not comprehending the safety netting). Walking back to the city as the snow fell and tram after tram full of Fulham fans passing into the night.

Stayed up for a few beers before getting the easyjet flight back to Gatwick. Somehow managed a fry up and then into work for 11am.

The only thing that could have topped that week would have been watching us beatUnited 3-0 a couple of days later. Oh...

Certainly was a fantastic trip - I went out / back via Zurich, thankfully no problems getting back.

Not sure how many beers you had Jimpav on that trip but Schwarzer didn't save the penalty, it went in  064.gif

Junichi

But we beat FC Basle in 20......oh wait.

Logicalman

Do you have a link for that story?

they should note their own stories:

Basle-2-Fulham-3-Cottagers-seal-Europa-League-32-spot

Fulham-v-FC-Basle-Cottagers-face-tough-test-Europa-League.

Chelsea-ready-face-English-slayers-Basel-Europa-League

Left hand - Right hand - glad to see the Mail is keeping up to its usual (evening) standards