watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz back to Twente.

Started by Jambo, April 23, 2013, 10:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jambo

Dutch reports suggesting this is a goer.

This will divide opinion I'm sure.

http://m.fcttoday.nl/mobielnieuwsarchief/id/1382
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

CanadianCottager

It says Chadli would be coming in exchange? And something about Martin Jol confirming already to the English media? Someone who speaks Dutch want to give me a better translation than Google's?

mangoputney

And it starts... I for one would rather stick with him & build round him

Bad news IMHO
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Jambo

Quote from: mangoputney on April 23, 2013, 10:18:27 PM
And it starts... I for one would rather stick with him & build round him

Bad news IMHO

Agreed.

on a positive at least if he went we could give Ronnie Minkwitz a run in the side!  fp.gif
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

RidgeRider

I'm actually ok with Ruiz leaving and getting someone else in. Maybe I am short sighted about this prospect, but truly he has not had the impact we all thought he would have. He doesn't score, he doesn't have the ability to dominate possession of the ball like Dembele did (I only use him as an example because he came to us scoring but didn't score much for us but found another role that he was truly great).

Ruiz does have some flair, makes some good passes, is improving defensively and is not as easily knocked off the ball as he was but in my opinion, has not paid the dividends that I think we all expected. There have been games where he has been the best player on the pitch but not consistent enough. Not to mention he has been injured too frequently.

I don't really know how good Chadl can be, but it would not be the end of the world to lose Ruiz if we get someone who can do the job for cheaper or is better than he has been in this league.

Until anything actually occurs, he is still Fulham and I still want him to do play well for us.

I'm also unsure on whether or not he likes this league and has the passion to play here.

Forever Fulham

Dembele is something of an oddity--a big strong man with the ability to pick his way through traffic with pace.  So few today try to take it up the middle for more than 10 yards before dishing it off to an outlet.  You watch him and think, surely now he will pass it. No?  Well, now he will.  Surely he must.  No?  He's still dribbling?!  WTF?  He's not Zidane or Berb, but he has a knack for making runs with the ball while somehow keeping it out of reach of the defender. I've replayed some of those runs over and over again on the telly, and I still marvel at the light touch combined with the physical power.  Not too many like him out there.  Ruiz is more skillful with the ball, but less effective--at least in the EPL.  Maybe there's just that much more pushing and shoving allowed/expected in this league than on the continent... I just can't stand his inability to stay on his feet.  Maybe we should try him in the middle more, as a pure distributor, where he has more 360-degree room to move away from defenders and has more passing options.  There's an undeniable elegance to his game.

ron

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him go back to Holland, as I've mentioned in other threads.

Aaron

Not that phased to be honest..

I am only speaking for myself with this but I expect there's others who would share my view:

When Ruiz came I had enormous expectations given his reputation and statistics.  I'd seen him play a few games on TV and thought he looked the part.

I was massively, disappointed when I first saw him play for Fulham and he took a very-very long time to really look like he'd ever fit in so I found myself readjusting my expectations and decided he was going to be yet another example of how Fulham spending big in the transfer market inevitably goes bad.

So whenever he started to look like he was worth a first team place I was so elated that I think I started to believe we might have got a decent deal.  In reality, we paid more than £10m for someone we'll be lucky to get half that for when we move him on

He's quite slick looking at times and can deliver a great ball but I think he is without question the most underwhelming player given the hype and price tag I've seen in a long time.

If he stays, fair enough, but in my view he's nothing special.

fulhamben

the replacement would have to be class as fulham look absolute dog sh@te when he doesnt play. hope to god if this does happen jol does not consider for one min sticking berba in the hole as that has been proved time and time again that it doesnt work. i for one will be gutted if he is sold
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

zschwartz

Plenty of reasonable assessments here. i am on the fence. when he has been good he has been alright. and when he has been bad he has been alright. he's also played 2k+ minutes in a rebuilding season (of sorts) and we're safely lodged mid-table.

i'd rather he stick around but also that someone be brought in that could make him fight for his spot instead of playing whenever he's healthy. he seems to be a nice guy and, 9 assists aside, i'd be saddened if he left.

hongkongfulham

think he has built season on season and will have a great season next season if he can stay healthy throughout. Hope he stays, we will miss his creativity greatly if he goes in my opinion

valdeingruo

This sounds like the dempsey, dembele and countless other players on loop. If he stays next season it would be the end of the world if he left. Im of the opinion of if they play in white to support them.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Junichi

The difference between when Ruiz started playing for us, and Ruiz now, is astounding.

Something tells me that Ruiz is about to have the best season of his career, and I hope it's with us.

Very much hoping he stays.

Walsh

I would be livid to see him go but I would understand the decision from Martin, he hasn't performed well enough.

JBH

If Ruiz was sold prehaps it may be a way to raise the funds to buy Enoh and another striker of quality such as Chadli which I feel would be a sacrifice worth making even though I do rate Bryan very highly

JackyFulham90

I hope he stays, no way will he leave surely more paper talk, Jol loves Ruiz

F(f)CUK

I am only guessing but hasn't he only one more year on his contract? If true we have to do something this summer in terms of agree an extension or sell.

TonyGilroy

We need to strengthen midfield and would benefit from having a target man to play with Berbatov. Jol likes pace on the flanks.

I don't think that Ruiz can be fitted into that system and whilst I'm more appreciative than critical of him this may be a tough decision that Jol has made. We also need a centre back and keeper with money needed to make Reither and Enoh's loan signings permanent.

Ruiz has worked hard to adapt to the Premier League but he certainly hasn't yet cracked it. I can see this happening.

MJG

I think this would be best for both parties. Im not convinced that Ruiz has been as creative (especially since Xmas) as people think. He has not adapted to the english game and he's has two seasons to do it.
He's not a 21 year old learning his way either. A player who has scored as many goals has he has should be scoring more for us than 5 in almost 60 appearances.
Berbatov for me is the more important player and I just think we would be better off as a TEAM without Ruiz(keeping Berbatov) and he is replaced with another quicker out and out striker.

MJG

I'll just add that I dont think he's going to sold in the summer anyway. Jol has too much invested in him.