watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz back to Twente.

Started by Jambo, April 23, 2013, 10:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sipwell

I never heard of this website before. Dutch press make absolutely no mention of it. Twente did sign Ebecelio from Arsenal.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Lighthouse

I think Ruiz has been badly served by Fulham. We buy him and then ask him to play in a system he wasn't used to where he has to defend more than attack. So I agree that the system we have doesn't help us see the best of him. I would only be content to see Ruiz go if we could buy a proper forward and to help in other areas.

I blame Jol.  :dft011:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BestOfBrede

Quote from: fulhamben on April 24, 2013, 02:22:21 AM
the replacement would have to be class as fulham look absolute dog sh@te when he doesnt play. hope to god if this does happen jol does not consider for one min sticking berba in the hole as that has been proved time and time again that it doesnt work. i for one will be gutted if he is sold
Agree - I think the last few games he has been one of our best players and especially against Arsenal.
He is beating players, passing well and shows strength on the ball which, I agree, he didn't originally.
If other players are not moving off the ball he has no outlet just like Berba. This is where we have problems (discussed many times on here) The Midfield. We knew this when we lost the D's and Murph and hopefully this will be corrected this summer. Anyway - If we let Ruiz go, we are going backwards - again!  

Berserker

I don't want him to leave, i think he is hugely talented. Any way i'll miss his hair
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

epsomraver

Quote from: Berserker on April 24, 2013, 08:36:59 AM
I don't want him to leave, i think he is hugely talented. Any way i'll miss his hair

That is such a girly quote!! :005:

MasterHaynes

Quote from: fulhamben on April 24, 2013, 02:22:21 AM
the replacement would have to be class as fulham look absolute dog sh@te when he doesnt play. hope to god if this does happen jol does not consider for one min sticking berba in the hole as that has been proved time and time again that it doesnt work. i for one will be gutted if he is sold
:plus one:

RaySmith

I think Ruiz has begun to prove his worth this season, and has defintely worked hard and been involved when he's played.

I think it would be shame if we lose him, because I think that next year he might really come good - like Dembele really came good after a couple of seasons.

grandad

I really want him to stay. People compare him with Dembele but how many goals did he score? I would play a 4-3-2-1 system at home with Ruiz & Berba playing side by side just behind a strong pacy front man. Petric & Rodders are not tht player. The MF would be Dejadah on the right & Enoh in the middle & either Kaca or Frei on the left.
Away I would go for 4-4-1-1. The problem is whether the new striker or Berba play up top with Ruiz dropping back
Where there's a will there's a wife

MJG

Quote from: RaySmith on April 24, 2013, 09:12:02 AM
I think Ruiz has begun to prove his worth this season, and has defintely worked hard and been involved when he's played.

I think it would be shame if we lose him, because I think that next year he might really come good - like Dembele really came good after a couple of seasons.
Demeble came good halfway through his second season.

Tonywa

He's hugely skilful and the only player we have likely to deliver a killer, defence-splitting pass.  On the downside he still doesn't look quite up to it physically and as we saw on Saturday, is far too easily dispossessed, plus which three goals this season is a pretty poor return for someone playing in his position.   I'd be sorry to see him go, but have ben disappointed in him overall.

domprague

That was balanced, thoughtful, full of good sense and realistic. Are you sure you belong on these boards?

Quote from: RidgeRider on April 23, 2013, 10:49:02 PM
I'm actually ok with Ruiz leaving and getting someone else in. Maybe I am short sighted about this prospect, but truly he has not had the impact we all thought he would have. He doesn't score, he doesn't have the ability to dominate possession of the ball like Dembele did (I only use him as an example because he came to us scoring but didn't score much for us but found another role that he was truly great).

Ruiz does have some flair, makes some good passes, is improving defensively and is not as easily knocked off the ball as he was but in my opinion, has not paid the dividends that I think we all expected. There have been games where he has been the best player on the pitch but not consistent enough. Not to mention he has been injured too frequently.

I don't really know how good Chadl can be, but it would not be the end of the world to lose Ruiz if we get someone who can do the job for cheaper or is better than he has been in this league.

Until anything actually occurs, he is still Fulham and I still want him to do play well for us.

I'm also unsure on whether or not he likes this league and has the passion to play here.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

JackyFulham90

Ruiz won't go, he is one of our better players, we sell him after selling Dembele & Dempsey lastyear will seriously lack ambition, we need to strengthen the squad players like Ruiz , Berbatov & Dejagah should be in our side next year if we are to move forward

BarryP

Quote from: sipwell on April 24, 2013, 08:02:25 AM
I never heard of this website before. Dutch press make absolutely no mention of it. Twente did sign Ebecelio from Arsenal.

Thanks Sipwell.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

jarv

Not that bothered. He has had 2 years to adjust and is still adjusting. Inconsistent, doesn't score etc etc. It's all been said.

Lighthouse

Quote from: jarv on April 24, 2013, 12:25:27 PM
Not that bothered. He has had 2 years to adjust and is still adjusting. Inconsistent, doesn't score etc etc. It's all been said.

And I shall continue to say it again and again and change my argument when I forget what day it is. So what and whom were we talking about?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Bobby2012

The Dutch press have confirm that this rumour is not true. Ruiz have say: "I'm happy by Fulham and want to stay at the club".

We need squad players like Ruiz and hope that he still play for us nex season.

fulhamben

Quote from: Berserker on April 24, 2013, 08:36:59 AM
for a small price i will break into his house one night and cut it off for you so you can make it into extensions :)
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

nose

The biggest problem we currently have with Ruiz is the manager makes him an automatic starter and his performances barely make him a bit part player. His contribution V Arsenal was woeful. He certainly put in effort and I do not fault him for maintaining discipline but in possession he was just a waste of space, again. For a man with talent he fails to produce it regularly.
Kaka a less able player made his prescence felt with a number of determined runs up the field, Ruiz messes about on the ball, he always has to turn three times before deciding what to do, he is often knocked off the ball far too easilly.
He is not up to the standard the says he should be an automatic starter. If Jol dropped him for a while, maybe he would be encouraged to do a bit better.
I will be sorry to see him stay unless he massively improves. I am sure if Jol was replaced ( I am not saying he will be just if he was) Ruiz would rarely play again.

fulhamben

Quote from: nose on April 24, 2013, 12:57:05 PM
The biggest problem we currently have with Ruiz is the manager makes him an automatic starter and his performances barely make him a bit part player. His contribution V Arsenal was woeful. He certainly put in effort and I do not fault him for maintaining discipline but in possession he was just a waste of space, again. For a man with talent he fails to produce it regularly.
Kaka a less able player made his prescence felt with a number of determined runs up the field, Ruiz messes about on the ball, he always has to turn three times before deciding what to do, he is often knocked off the ball far too easilly.
He is not up to the standard the says he should be an automatic starter. If Jol dropped him for a while, maybe he would be encouraged to do a bit better.
I will be sorry to see him stay unless he massively improves. I am sure if Jol was replaced ( I am not saying he will be just if he was) Ruiz would rarely play again.
so who prey tell would you play instead?   and why do we look so crap we he doesnt play?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Brian McGod

I really thought Bryan was going to have a massive season this year but despite flashes of real quality, it hasn't been anything special. I think the main problem is he just doesn't fit into our system... he's not pacy/powerful enough to play on the wing and be an inside forward (like he was in Holland, I believe?) in the EPL and I think having him tucked in behind Berba deprives us of too much pace through the middle. I think he could work better behind a quick, powerful forward but Berba is around for another season still. I appreciate he's improved this season and has bulked up and improved defensively but I just don't see him really being integral unless perhaps we change system or personnel