watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Match Thread

Started by Bassey the warrior, April 27, 2013, 02:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

I watched ten minutes towards the end. Senderos howler, Petric free kick failing to pass the wall, Emanualson left marking Fellani on the back post and the latter missed a sitter, Ruiz dispossessed, Amazing run from Emanualson from defence and Senderos in the opposition box somehow. Nothing threatening at all though. Everton look poor, we look worse.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Ordar on April 27, 2013, 04:43:04 PM
Yeah I've given up on Ruiz aswell. He doesnt offer enough and cant seem to play wide, which is where I would play him (and where he played for Twente)

Still dont rate Kaca either

Ruiz gives plenty, his passing range is excellent, it's just that he has no one to pass to. He also works very hard for the team.

Bassey the warrior

It's Everton away, may as well disregard the result today.

ash

Boring. Nearly snoozed half way through the second half.

Azeedo

Don't blame Ruiz look around Petric, Duff even Kaka were Shite today, it was a collective effort to come out and play an very uninspired game.

Ordar

Jol's already said that the squad needs rebuilding in the summer (which is obvious) so we can look forward to another fantastic "transitional season" next year aswell...

Classic94

We are just so dull to watch. As has been the case throughout the season, we create so little and offer absolutely nothing going forward. Big changes needed in the summer

BillNRoc

What month was it when we last scored a goal? Once Berba left the pitch, the chances of our being shut out again multiplied. One more pitiful offensive 'display.'

Can anyone defend Ruiz after today's umpteenth poor showing? Mr. Giveaway takes too long on the ball time after time, game after game. Back to Holland with him, for pennies on the dollar/pound, he's not good enough for the role he's asked to play at this level.

Jol has failed to deliver on his promises, why should we keep him in charge? Side without imagination or pace going forward, few chances created, no saves by opposition keeper required. Like his squad, the manager isn't good enough.

IranianCottager

Our right-wing is simply non-existant without Dejagah and Riether. Manolev, Emanuelson, and Duff once he came on were all extremely poor today.

Lighthouse

No point in blaming the odd player here the odd player there. We offer nothing in the final third. When we should have put them under pressure we had nothing. I just see a dull side with dull tactics away from home. I feel sorry for our better players.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ScalleysDad

Quote from: The Moose on April 27, 2013, 04:54:13 PM
Yeah I've given up on Ruiz aswell. He doesnt offer enough and cant seem to play wide, which is where I would play him (and where he played for Twente)

Ruiz gives plenty, his passing range is excellent, it's just that he has no one to pass to. He also works very hard for the team.

I have been on the fence on this debate for a while looking at the technical reasons as to why a plan has not worked out and the umpteen reasons Jol offers as to why the plan has not worked out, injuries, windy days and the opposition not allowing us to play but today he barely gets a four /ten. Berbatov goes off and he should have been dictating play and pulling all the strings as many on here state he should be doing week in and week out. Bottom line is he is not good enough to do that and does not earn a starting place based on whatever other attribute he is supposed to have.

God The Mechanic

Kaca did well until he had to put a ball in (most of the time).  Like the rest of the team, but that's mainly because there's no one to pass to half the time.  And that's because there's so little movement, which is because the players are either too old or not good enough, or both.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: ScalleysDad on April 27, 2013, 05:03:27 PM
Quote from: The Moose on April 27, 2013, 04:54:13 PM

I have been on the fence on this debate for a while looking at the technical reasons as to why a plan has not worked out and the umpteen reasons Jol offers as to why the plan has not worked out, injuries, windy days and the opposition not allowing us to play but today he barely gets a four /ten. Berbatov goes off and he should have been dictating play and pulling all the strings as many on here state he should be doing week in and week out. Bottom line is he is not good enough to do that and does not earn a starting place based on whatever other attribute he is supposed to have.

He needs an outlet to make things happen, after Berba went off no one bothered to even make a run.

Shredhead

We really missed Dejagah and Riether in defence and attack. I thought we were great against the Irons after Berba went off and was hoping for something similar today.

Every other team expects us to put everything through Berba so when he's off the park, they don't know what our Plan B is. Unfortunately neither do our players!
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Fulham1959

So that's 3 goals in 45 minutes against QPR.  Then no goals in 495 minutes since, except an OG from a badly taken corner.

Humbled

Ruiz can do no wrong in some peoples eyes.... i see someone say his range of passing is excellent. i must be watching something different, yes he has a good range but how many times it actually hits the spot he is aiming for is in question, unless ofcourse he is aiming for the opposite team. He struggles to make a 5 yard pass most of the time.

As for everytime we lose away, reading people saying its away or because were playing so n so away we dont expect a win this gets on my wick.. what a load of rubbish!!

Berba is slow and doesnt always try too hard but at least he has something special, Ruiz has NOTHING special what so ever and what further hurts him is him and Berba play a similar way the only difference is Berba has the ability to keep the ball unlike Ruiz who is easily bullied off of it.

Ruiz has had maybe 2 above ok games this season and i dont class 1 pass in a game (west brom) as having a good game. when he has been playing with Berba he had 1 bit of magic againt Reading (the dink to Berba at least looked good) and had a good (full) game against Arsenal away

Humbled

i did put a list of stats from games with Berba and Ruiz together and 1 playing with either Petric and/or Rodders, if someone can be bothered to dig it out it could be interesting

cottage cheese

Quote from: Fulham1959 on April 27, 2013, 05:27:25 PM
So that's 3 goals in 45 minutes against QPR.  Then no goals in 495 minutes since, except an OG from a badly taken corner.

and consider two goals against qpr were a penalty and an og..it does make grim viewing. We really have nothing going forward. I really do not know whats happened since the first few games of the season...oh wait i do, we had dembele in midfield who ran the show. Until we replace him we really will struggle to dominate any game

filham

Quote from: cottage cheese on April 27, 2013, 05:37:32 PM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on April 27, 2013, 05:27:25 PM
So that's 3 goals in 45 minutes against QPR.  Then no goals in 495 minutes since, except an OG from a badly taken corner.

and consider two goals against qpr were a penalty and an og..it does make grim viewing. We really have nothing going forward. I really do not know whats happened since the first few games of the season...oh wait i do, we had dembele in midfield who ran the show. Until we replace him we really will struggle to dominate any game

filham

We have failed to replace Dembele, Murphy or Dempsey from last season.

The key to our attacking set up is the Ruiz/Berbatov link and regrettably it looks as if it has failed.