more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What do you think about overseas fans?

Started by Italiancottager, May 06, 2013, 11:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Italiancottager

Hello everybody!
Like my nickname says i'm an "italian cottager", that mean.. i'm italian but i support Fulham.
I living in London since october 2011.. i already say in another post "why i support Fulham" so i'll not repeat again here.. :D

Fulham is a very nice team.. of course, is not famous in the world like Manchester United, Chelsea or City (the last two are famous just because have "petrolmilion") but however.. fulham have many fan in the world.
In Italy we have a small community called "italian cottager" you can find the website here, i'm just a member not a founder..
http://italiancottagers.forumfree.it/ we are an official fun club of Fulham.. the club give to us a prize this year.. the shirt with the autographs of the player.. The member of the community have organized an extraction for decide who won the shirt.. and... i won it! :D

We have also a little group on Facebook, here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fulhamfootballclubitalia/
If you want to visit us.. it i'll be a pleasure :)

Anyway.. We are a really small  community compared at other fan community like chelsea fan .. manchester united fan.. or west ham.. fan.. but.. we prefere the quality at the quantity! :D Because is easy support the strongest.. or who looks like at something amazing.. just because there is a film about the supporter of that team (i mean the film hooligan for example.. a lot of west ham overseas fan support west ham just for it)

I'm curios to know the local fan.. who live in the SW6 zone or close to it.. what they think about the "overseas fan" if they like to see some people around the world support Fulham.. and if they also like to see them at the Craven Cottage.

In any case.. COYW!
It doesn't matter what country you come from, a few trips to the cottage and it will end up in your heart and blood

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I love over seas fans! I also think that the Europa League went a long way in helping us achieve more interest from abroad.

The only thing I don't like is a drop in support when things get rough. Should we get relegated, I'll be pretty pissed off should I see the Cottage half empty.

Lighthouse

The older fans like me can remember a time when Fulham was hardly known outside of Fulham. We were shocked to learn of fans who liked or supported Fulham who lived a few miles away. Now it is a great source of pride that we actually have fans from around the World. We have a long if not always a distinguished  history. Having fans from around the World who are as 'mad' as we are to support our club makes me very very happy.

However long or short fans have been with us. It is a great pride that they chose our club to follow. We are a unique club with a unique ground. That makes our fans pretty unique too.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Berserker

I love foreign overseas Fulham fans. The SW6 crew put up with me coming from the west, well apart from thinking of me as a  067.gif Farmer 067.gif but I don't care  049:gif
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Italiancottager

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on May 06, 2013, 11:46:03 AM
I love over seas fans! I also think that the Europa League went a long way in helping us achieve more interest from abroad.

The only thing I don't like is a drop in support when things get rough. Should we get relegated, I'll be pretty pissed off should I see the Cottage half empty.

Yes of course.. A lot of italian know fulham like "the team who beat juventus 4 - 1" :D amazing..

About the support.. i noted the same thing when i had  been to the craven cottage.. but was general.. all the stadium when we get down in the result was very quite.. and i heard for a long time of the match.. only swansea supporter
But Craven Cottage is a small stadium.. so i think is quite normal that this happened sometimes.. of course.. if the team is just one goal down.. you have to increase your support.. but in situation like the disaster against Reading.. is very hard to keep it strong! :/

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 06, 2013, 11:57:50 AM
The older fans like me can remember a time when Fulham was hardly known outside of Fulham. We were shocked to learn of fans who liked or supported Fulham who lived a few miles away. Now it is a great source of pride that we actually have fans from around the World. We have a long if not always a distinguished  history. Having fans from around the World who are as 'mad' as we are to support our club makes me very very happy.

However long or short fans have been with us. It is a great pride that they chose our club to follow. We are a unique club with a unique ground. That makes our fans pretty unique too.

Absolutely true.. is what i think.. Fulham have something special. Of course is normal that most of the people support the "biggest of the premier" with more money and more trophys.. but not for everybody is this.. Fulham have a charming story.. a charming stadium.. is a charming area.. when i used to live to SW6 area i could also support Chelsea.. but i didn't, but it was not a choise took with the head.. i have also an italian team that i support.. but i don't know.. i started to love Fulham last year (was around march-april) and that's it.. this is special :D

It doesn't matter what country you come from, a few trips to the cottage and it will end up in your heart and blood

mangoputney

Buongiorno, amiamo fans italiani ... hai qualche lezioni di difesa che possiamo dare a Jol

chi è la tua squadra Serie A???
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

mangoputney

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Italiancottager

Quote from: mangoputney on May 06, 2013, 12:23:05 PM
Buongiorno, amiamo fans italiani ... hai qualche lezioni di difesa che possiamo dare a Jol

chi è la tua squadra Serie A???

Di difesa? Now is changed.. italian team are not strong like before in defence.. but i agree with you that Jol and Fulham team in general need some lessons from somebody.. lol

My italian team is Napoli.. There is a big difference with Fulham.. i mean the stadium of Napoli is bigger (maybe is old as Craven Cottage.. but Craven Cottage is kept better lol) and there are many many fans at the stadium.. i don't know if you have ever seen what's happened last year for the champions league.. was crazy, in London as well.. against Chelsea.. :D

But maybe is this big difference that let me to love Fulham.. so now i love both in two different manner.. but with the same intensity
Quote from: mangoputney on May 06, 2013, 12:28:27 PM
just sent you a request re: FB group

The owner'll accept you soon :)

mangoputney

Grazie, been studying Italian for a few months, be nice to use it

I was hoping Fiorentina would make CL... Vincenzo Montella (ex FFC / Firenze città preferita)

Does not seem likely now, bad weekend like FFC

Italiancottager

Quote from: mangoputney on May 06, 2013, 12:42:57 PM
Grazie, been studying Italian for a few months, be nice to use it

I was hoping Fiorentina would make CL... Vincenzo Montella (ex FFC / Firenze città preferita)

Does not seem likely now, bad weekend like FFC

Yes.. after they lose against Roma.. and Milan won against Turin.. will be very hard get the 3th place for them.

Stefano Okaka Chuka

She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

Italiancottager

Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on May 06, 2013, 01:18:38 PM
Benvenuto nel forum, sono Stefano.

Penso ci siamo già beccati tra fb, gruppi e simili.. ;)
Grazie per il benvenuto :)