more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

First Post

Started by The Old Count, May 05, 2013, 09:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Count

Greetings to everyone.

I used to post, albeit  infrequently, on the CC board.

I've been supporting this great club for over fifty years.  My first match was 1962, home to Bolton, 2 - 1 to us if my memory serves.

I thought I'd add my two penneth worth regarding the Jol situation.

I was never in favour of his appointment in the first place.  He always struck me as a manager who was an inconsistent motivator and man manager. Someone who was overly stubborn and prone to the odd tactical error.

Now, however, I understand why we did it and I support it. Jol has an intimate understanding of the Dutch and German models for not only developing youth but also for the way these clubs are structured. I believe he will take us to the next level. (I know smeone's going to say 'Yeh Championship level')

I just wish he hadn't said that we were safe on 40 points. Big mistake Martin.  You don't have to motivate against Arsenal but you do against Reading.

Anyway, I think we should stick with him. We are going forward although I know that after yesterday it doesn't feel like it.

And don't forget: In true Fulhamish style we'll probably beat Liverpool 2 - 0.

Fernhurst

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

We were all over the place yesterday, we tried at least four different formations in the game. We started with our usual 4-4-1-1 set up, then after half an hour we had a diamond pattern midfield, suddenly we were in 4-4-2 formation, then Ruiz was playing on the right wing in what looked like an attempt at 4-3-3.

We never really got it together and this was a critical game against a relegated side. If Jol's tactical sense is to be judged on yesterday's game then I am afraid he fails.

LBNo11

076.gif
...thanks for joining us, I hope you stick around long enough to clear your Michael Jackson status!

I agree that Jol has a good track record on the youth development level, but paradoxically he has done little to bring the youth through, apart from the odd start of Frei and Kaka, not even cameo roles to blood other newbies. We have clearly lacked any pace and our youth should of been at the very least on the bench for some of our games to provide it when the older players legs have given out...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Lighthouse

Welcome and thanks for the post.

I am not sure I agree about Jol and us going forward. That is something we have never done under Jol (bar the odd game of note).

However I do think he has been short of people to pick in all areas and unlucky with the injury and the timings. But I am unsure he could make a good side out of better players.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Old Count

I meant that I believe the club as a whole is going forward in terms of set up, facilities, youth development, financial stability etc etc.

The way the development squad and youth teams are set up to play is dictated by Jol.  They are all doing well.

I admit that the first team situation is a bit off at the moment and that Jol has not been proactive enough in handling the problems that have arisen. But, all in all, i still believe we're in a much better position overall than we were when Hughes left.

WhiteJC

Quote from: The Old Count on May 05, 2013, 12:43:34 PM

The way the development squad and youth teams are set up to play is dictated by Jol. 

I think you'll find its Huw Jennings, the Academy Director, who has more of a say than Jol

The Old Count

Then they're singing off the same hymn sheet 'cos they seem to play in the Jol style.

Matt Inglis

The only thing that really ticks me off, and I know many who sit around me agree, is how long it can take him to make a change when we're very flat and being dominated.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

HatterDon

076.gif from the Peoples Republic of South Texas!!   :HD:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Riverside

Quote from: Matt Inglis on May 05, 2013, 01:53:10 PM
The only thing that really ticks me off, and I know many who sit around me agree, is how long it can take him to make a change when we're very flat and being dominated.

Except yesterday. He had Kara off off 30 mins !