watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham and Youth

Started by samv10, May 05, 2013, 01:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samv10

Yesterday Fulham U18s won the league. Why is it, that Jol doesn't play some of the younger lads. We have some great young players, ive watched a fair amount of the u18s this year and its fair to say, if they got a cameo in the first team or a start they would want it more than some of our current team. An example would be Dembele, he is young and would give 100% for a chance to play in the premier league, our player think there on the beach, no passion.
What does Martin Jol actually do? He doesn't motivate the players. There doesn't seem to be any tactics apart from pass it to my bum buddy berbatov. He is signing people close to receiving there pensions.
On another note, whats wrong with Hughes, not getting a chance in the team, when a big fat lump with the co-ordination and sense of direction of a blind pig with no legs is starting. Riise is a poor player, he charges up the pitch to then lose the ball  from a stupid pass or bad touch. Duff is too old to be playing in the prem, he does not have the legs for it anymore. Lrts get our act together Fulham.
Where would we be if mark schwarzer didnt save the penalties against Stoke, Arsenal and Qpr. hmmmm

Lighthouse

The first point about playing youth players in the Prem. I think the time to play them is when we are safe or in a cup game. Can you imagine the pressure on the younster if he makes the sort of mistakes the first team are making right now.

As for everything else you say. I can only agree. Although Jol has had lack of support from the club and injury problems to key players. But he still played the same way and his change yesterday by bringing on Rodders was about 10 games too late. Not because Rodders is great but we needed a change in the dull, boring, slow tactics we have had to put up with.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

David Allen Crankshaw

It would certainly be too much pressure for a youth player in our present position but should we get a win against Liverpool next week it would be nice to see some younger players on the bench against Swansea for our last match. Even Sanchez used Matthew Briggs against Middlesbrough for a late substitute appearance when he was only 16 years old.

grandad

A very few youngsters are ready at 17 but most are not physically  or mentally ready till 20. If we were to have the luxury of being 3-0 up I might try one or two for the last 20 mins.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Jack Fulham

I'm sure a few will play next season if we get relegated :54:

Frankie-Peter Taylor

We have u21 players that already seem capable for the first team and have u18s that definitely have potential. For me, a player should experience both age groups before being placed into the first team, particularly in the Premier League.

The likes of Chris David, Lasse Vigen Christensen and Jack Grimmer could already be playing first team football, in my opinion, perhaps not regulars, but certainly close or have made a debut. Let's also not forget about players like Pajtim Kasami, Marcello Trotta and Matthew Briggs, all three still have plenty of development to go. Even Josh Pritchard goes forgotten, currently on loan at Tromso and has made a few appearances.

As for under 18s, some are clearly very classy footballers like Muamer Tankovic who is close to becoming an under 21 player, and Patrick Roberts who is consistently destroying full backs despite being 16, 15 for the majority of the season. Cauley Woodrow is already showing signs of a well rounded striker but just needs a tad more maturity in physique. There's also George Williams, the youngest player ever to score in the FA Cup and Moussa Dembele.

It will be a few years before we see some academy players make the grade, two or three judging by the way things are going unless there's a dramatic change in mentality from either the management or MAF.