more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Roberto Di Matteo heads list to replace Martin Jol at Fulham

Started by Admin, May 12, 2013, 12:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Cottage industry: Roberto Di Matteo heads list to replace Martin Jol at Fulham

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/next-fulham-boss-roberto-di-1883956

Roberto Di Matteo will be a leading candidate to take over at Fulham as manager Martin Jol eyes an exit from Craven Cottage this summer, writes the Sunday People.

Jol's future is in doubt after clashing with the club's board over transfer funds – and he admits he would consider the Everton job.

Di Matteo, who is keen to return to management, is being discussed as a possible successor and still lives in nearby Wimbledon.

As Everton now seek to find a replacement for David Moyes, Jol admitted: "I wouldn't be embarrassed to be linked with them, but I am here at Fulham."

The Cottagers are close to landing Athletic Bilbao centre-back Fernando Amorebieta on a free transfer.

But Jol has been told he has little money to spend, despite making a hefty profit in the transfer market last summer, an issue which has caused tension between him and the board.

Lighthouse

The problem is would any manager of any substance want a job which he knows will land him with a squad of old men and no money? IF like last season the rumours are true.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jarv

Sunday people??? Come on, another fairy story. fp.gif

DiegoFulham

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 12, 2013, 12:30:53 AM
The problem is would any manager of any substance want a job which he knows will land him with a squad of old men and no money? IF like last season the rumours are true.

Gary Johnson? Premier league club as a fulham supporter himself? not going to lie, i understand the reasoning behind the lack of money but Martin Jol is 100% right we shouldn't have to rely on loan players, in my eyes that's very dangerous to keep doing that. we need to built.. i'm surprised the club hasn't focused on sorting out the lack of away fans problem before creating a new stand.   
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

EJL

PaulJ123

play our youngsters instead of continually loaning people.

Rupert

Quote from: DiegoFulham on May 12, 2013, 12:49:54 AM
i'm surprised the club hasn't focused on sorting out the lack of away fans problem before creating a new stand.   

By lack of away fans, I assume you mean lack of Fulham away supporters? If so, why would the club do anything to sort it out, beyond encouraging the team to try and win on the road a little more often? We get no money for the number of away fans we take to games, whilst the new stand will, hopefully, generate more money which can then be invested in the club.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

JHunter_Fulham4Life

Quote from: DiegoFulham on May 12, 2013, 12:49:54 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on May 12, 2013, 12:30:53 AM

Gary Johnson? Premier league club as a fulham supporter himself? not going to lie, i understand the reasoning behind the lack of money but Martin Jol is 100% right we shouldn't have to rely on loan players, in my eyes that's very dangerous to keep doing that. we need to built.. i'm surprised the club hasn't focused on sorting out the lack of away fans problem before creating a new stand.   

The away fans problem will only sort itself out if we show real form away from home, which we haven't done this season. I wouldn't mind Di Matteo as the gaffer, but if there's no money to build anything but a new stand, it won't matter who's in charge. Unless the kids in the Academy can bring the same noise they've brought in reserve matches, we're going to be in deep trouble next year.

ToodlesMcToot

The board don't appear ready to back Jol with transfer funds. So we appear likely to repeat the kind of season we've just had, if he stays.

If he leaves, the board will be forced to pony up money for a new manager to spend. Then the funds will dry up again in subsequent seasons.

They repeat this cycle with every manager it seems.

Living in America I have a twofold desire to see Fulham do well. It's best for the club and best for my ability to see them on t.v. Right now I don't care who they hire so long as he has a proven record of team organization, discipline, and getting his players to overachieve.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

David Allen Crankshaw

If the board are reluctant to release funds why did they allow the manager to spend £10.6 million on Bryan Ruiz? Perhaps they are waiting to see if he is real value for money. We also paid in the region of £5 for Berbatov. There are a number of other Premier League clubs who spend less than us and we do have a modest fan base compared with other clubs.

Holders

Likewise, Everton are known as prudent, not big spenders. They've built up slowly with the same manager for however-long-it-is, certainly the second longest in the league after Ferguson.

We on this board do not know the club's financial situation. That is quite right, it should not be public knowledge. It is disappointing that the Dempsey and Dembele money was not reinvested and a team of loanees makes me uneasy but some of the cheapies and freebies we've got in have been excellent.

It there's a good reason for the parsimony, so be it, let's do an Everton not a Portsmouth.

Good observations from Rupert and Toodles, as so often.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MJG

Letrs get this Everton don't spend out of the way:

In the last 5 years they have spent almost £64M on incoming transfers. We have spent £43M on incoming transfers.
Everton have partly been able to do that because they recieved £76M in sales. While we recieved £40M.

Now both teams are well down the spending lge over the last 5 years, about 13th or 14th place. Teams like QPR/Newcastle & .
The real problem we have is we dont generate enough from sales over that time period. So if we are looking at competing we need to sell for more. The money last summer just keeps us ticking over really.

Holders

The incoming and sales ratios are pretty similar, then, so it's not a club for a manager to go to and expect a blank cheque book.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

grandad

I dont know where these revelations come from. There are no direct quotes. Jol has actually said that he and MAF will sit down and discuss the future in a couple of weeks. If one reads the gutter press and believe what they say  you are a fool. When I read a direct quote from Jol or the Club I will accept it as true.
Why do some on these so called fans forums only trawl up dirt. The only thing it does is enhance their own ego.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Lighthouse

Quote from: grandad on May 12, 2013, 08:55:47 AM
I dont know where these revelations come from. There are no direct quotes. Jol has actually said that he and MAF will sit down and discuss the future in a couple of weeks. If one reads the gutter press and believe what they say  you are a fool. When I read a direct quote from Jol or the Club I will accept it as true.
Why do some on these so called fans forums only trawl up dirt. The only thing it does is enhance their own ego.

You ego maniac. :Get Coat gif: You started a thread from a story from The Mirror. Very interesting it was to. After all where does the gutter press end and the pavement press begin? As most of these stories start from fans forums then are repeated in the papers only to be spewed out as news by the fans forums. It is all a self perpetuating organism of tittle tattle. It fills in the void of any honesty coming from the club or wherever.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on May 12, 2013, 04:06:36 AM
If the board are reluctant to release funds why did they allow the manager to spend £10.6 million on Bryan Ruiz? Perhaps they are waiting to see if he is real value for money. We also paid in the region of £5 for Berbatov. There are a number of other Premier League clubs who spend less than us and we do have a modest fan base compared with other clubs.

As I said, Fulham are forced to give any manager funds for transfers in his first season which is how Jol got Ruiz. As for the funds for Berba, the club sold both Dempsey and Dembélé and gave Jol 5 million to replace them. You may believe that's financial backing, but I don't.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Sheepskin Junior

I have said for a while that I wanted Di Matteo. I would be very happy.
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

somerset cockernee

fact is we are a small club with not much money...accept that...MAF spent a fortune to stop us going down the tubes and you can't expect him to skint himself just to keep the fans happy. there are a lot of clubs punching above their weight because they are motivated by good managers who make them believe they are better than they really are and the prima donna clubs just assume they will win most games (f*****g hate 'em ) this is jol's downfall in my opinion,he's not a motivator who gee's up the players ( but he shouldn't have to...on them wages i think i would motivate myself) anyway i could go on for hours about self pride and such but it doesn't seem to bother most modern professionals ...there that's me done