watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Football and Partnerships

Started by Ordar, May 13, 2013, 01:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

I think one of the problems we've had this season is the lack of working partnerships in our first 11. The majority of successful sides are built around the understanding of players in different positions to make the game easier, and flow better. Striking partnerships are often mentioned (Cole & Yorke, Sheringham & Shearer etc), but this should be the same throughout the team.

With all players available, I think Jol would pick this side (the side he would pick, not me)

------------Schwarzer-------------
Reither--Hangeland--Senderos--Riise
Dejagah--Sidwell--Karagounis--Duff
---------Ruiz
--------------Berbatov

Of the partnerships I have highlighted the only one which seems like it genuinely works is Reither, Dejagah. The rest are just two players thrown together who dont compliment one another, in fact in all the other circumstances the two players are actually too similar to one another, which causes problems

This I believe is one of the reasons the team has lacked cohesion.

ToodlesMcToot

Damn! I thought this was going to be a thread about how to get my wife to let me watch more football.  :doh:

Anywho,....am I alone in thinking that the Berba/Ruiz partenership worked much better when the Reither/Dejagah partenership existed and that our attacks were more varied in that time?

IMO, Jol or whomever, will need to work on a partenership of Richardson (if he can just stay healthy) and Kaka on the left, hopefully build a Hangeland and CB to be named this summer partenership, and an Enoh and player to be named this summer partenership.

And, the man that winds up partenering with Enoh will have to be a leader who can, I hope, wrest the captain's armband from Brede. We have missed Murphy's character far more than his play (we've missed that as well. don't get me wrong.) this entire season. We need someone further up field with a similar combative spirit to Murph or Dempsey. The team responded to that and will again if we have it. If Berba had it, we'd be a different team now.

It's all a tough ask for a team seemingly unwilling or unable to spend on transfers.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude