https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Bale and Dempsey to leave

Started by St Eve, May 08, 2013, 11:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

Looks like no championship football for Spurs next season

jarv

Clint must be having fun watching from the bench. Is that what champions league is all about?

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Jarv  he has made 41 appearances for a team in the top 5, what isn't there to like ???
Ah yes !! he could be on the bench of a possible relegation team

DiegoFulham

Quote from: St Eve on May 08, 2013, 11:08:54 PM
Looks like no championship football for Spurs next season

no championship football? might as well join QPR... aha. Champions League football and Bale will stay, Dempsey the bench warmer will stay also
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

St Eve

Bale will go but Dempsey will stay because the top 4 don't want him. At least he got to a Europa final with us.

JBH

Quote from: St Eve on May 09, 2013, 01:31:18 AM
Bale will go but Dempsey will stay because the top 4 don't want him. At least he got to a Europa final with us.

I have heard that Dempsey will be moving on in July to a team in Italy that play in Black and White Stripes

PokerMatt

Quote from: JBH on May 09, 2013, 08:08:51 AM

I have heard that Dempsey will be moving on in July to a team in Italy that play in Black and White Stripes

Siena?
Follow me: @mattdjourno

sunburywhite

Humbug Rock?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

aFFCn_Fan

Quote from: sunburywhite on May 09, 2013, 08:23:39 AM

Humbug Rock?
Newcaslissimo ??
@hincharoo

Vinnieffc

I think you're being misled - heard the team in Italy playedf in white and black stripes, which puts an entirely different complexion on it..

Forever Fulham

Dempsey "the bench warmer" has almost as many goals this season as Berbatov.  And a number of key assists as well.  And he's had to juggle U.S. national team duties (now as captain) on top of his club team obligations.  Which Berbatov relinquished.    They might yet get to Champions League, having just tied last season's champions.  Let it go. He was a good servant of the club and only failed in a less than ideal departure, most of which was not his fault we've come to learn. Damn, I just broke my promise to never bring him up again. Sorry.

St Eve

Yes he was and then he said he was leaving for champions league football. First choice Liverpool. They couldn't afford him. He went onto a sulk and wouldn't play for us and then in a panic move went to Spurs. He is not a regular, not popular and not in the champions league.

BarryP

:hook: and yet life goes on at little old Fulham.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Forever Fulham

Quote from: St Eve on May 10, 2013, 03:27:02 AM
Yes he was and then he said he was leaving for champions league football. First choice Liverpool. They couldn't afford him. He went onto a sulk and wouldn't play for us and then in a panic move went to Spurs. He is not a regular, not popular and not in the champions league.
Not a regular?  Only 6 or 7 Spurs have made more appearances in the league this season.  Only 4 have more Europa League games.  He's a regular.  Popular?  Depends who you talk to.  And as to not being in Champions League, 1. Spurs wouldn't even have had a shot at it without his production this season; 2. They are, what, one point out with a decent chance of still getting in; 3. I think you are wrong about Liverpool as his first choice, but we may never know.  That's mere speculation on your part.  As to how Spurs did in relation to Liverpool, no speculation needed there.  I don't recall him saying he was leaving for CL football, only that his dream, his goal, was to play CL football.  Your reporting slants the tone into arrogance where none was shown.  A "benchwarmer" with 27 league appearances and 10 Europa League games.  OK.

cottagecornerreject

I realize people have differing opinions but the fact remains "the benchwarmer" is third on his club in assists and goals for the team in 5th position. While we were getting laid waste to by Liverpool "the "benchwarmer" had the only goal and assist in his last match to keep his clubs CL hopes alive. This is the assessment of "the benchwarmers" manager of his performance this season...AVB seems to be happy with the job Dempsey's done....here's a quote from him on Sky Sports after Sunday's game-

"He (Dempsey) has been absolutely immense this season with his assisting and his goalscoring and he has sometimes not got the credit he deserves," added Villas-Boas.
"He is a hard worker and a very complete athlete and he had an amazing game. It was an extremely good individual performance."

"the benchwarmers" former manager had this to say about him, "
Martin Jol: Fulham misses Clint Dempsey's goals

May 12, 2013 6:43:00 PM
The Fulham manager admits that his side has missed American attacker Clint Dempsey this season, particularly his ability to score goals against the run of play.

Martin Jol suggested that trading Clint Dempsey for Dimitar Berbatov wasn't necessarily an upgrade for Fulham.

Dempsey - as well as Mousa Dembele - joined Tottenham Hotspur last summer. The U.S. international had led the Cottagers in Premier League scoring for five straight seasons. He scored 23 goals in all competitions in 2011-12.

Berbatov, who finished top scorer in the Premier League in 2010-11, joined from Manchester United. The Bulgarian scored 13 goals this season, including the consolation in a 3-1 loss to Liverpool FC on Sunday.

"Last year we could score out of nothing; we had Clint Dempsey to score winners," Jol told reporters. "With Dimitar Berbatov, we gained somebody who could score goals but we lost things in other areas."

The London club all but avoided relegation by reaching 40 points, but slumped from its ninth-place finish last season.

Fulham has lost six of its last seven games.

"We were very happy to be on 40 points but we haven't been able to get a result since to be on 46 or 47," the Dutch coach said following the Liverpool loss. "If you look at the effort we've put in against Chelsea, Arsenal and even today, there's nothing wrong with the effort or application or mentality, but when we've needed to change the game to score, we've looked a bit vulnerable."

The Cottagers' boss believes Fulham has a lot of work to do in the summer to ensure it doesn't tail off again, and feels the the club could need as many as six new players ahead of next season.

"We need four, five or six players but that's normal at any club," he said. "We need to strengthen."

St Eve

Quote from: Forever Fulham on May 10, 2013, 08:24:58 PM
Not a regular?  Only 6 or 7 Spurs have made more appearances in the league this season.  Only 4 have more Europa League games.  He's a regular.  Popular?  Depends who you talk to.  And as to not being in Champions League, 1. Spurs wouldn't even have had a shot at it without his production this season; 2. They are, what, one point out with a decent chance of still getting in; 3. I think you are wrong about Liverpool as his first choice, but we may never know.  That's mere speculation on your part.  As to how Spurs did in relation to Liverpool, no speculation needed there.  I don't recall him saying he was leaving for CL football, only that his dream, his goal, was to play CL football.  Your reporting slants the tone into arrogance where none was shown.  A "benchwarmer" with 27 league appearances and 10 Europa League games.  OK.
I am just not too keen on players that refuse to play which is exactly what he did. It is well documented that he wanted to go to Liverpool and he had no choice but to go to Spurs after effectively going on strike. I hope that Spurs do not get in the Champions league.

cottagecornerreject

It's rehashing old stuff and people will believe what they want but this much is true. Dempsey said he never refused to play. Jol said he did. Only one of those people backtracked and took back their comment and it wasn't Dempsey. make of that what you will.

Quote from: St Eve on May 18, 2013, 10:28:08 PM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on May 10, 2013, 08:24:58 PM
I am just not too keen on players that refuse to play which is exactly what he did. It is well documented that he wanted to go to Liverpool and he had no choice but to go to Spurs after effectively going on strike. I hope that Spurs do not get in the Champions league.