News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Two things you would add to the English game.

Started by valdeingruo, May 18, 2013, 10:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

somerset cockernee

a sniper on the roof who could take out anyone diving

zander

Quote from: Matt Inglis on May 18, 2013, 12:35:54 PM

No yellow cards for menial things such as kicking a ball away, taking your shirt off and celebrating with fans. I really hate them.

:plus one:

Definitely agree on the celebrations. Its not far off the nfl where a player can barely celebrate at all without getting a flag. Its simply ridiculous.

WhiteJC

Quote from: grandad on May 18, 2013, 05:45:23 PM
Ban transfer fees & cap wages. Transfer fees are not paid in other sports, except possibly rugby league. This would make for a more even playing field. Clubs could reduce admission prices with the saving. It would get rid of greedy agents.

or, make the player pay the agents fee, not the club, I suspect this would have a similar outcome?

HatterDon

Quote from: somerset cockernee on May 18, 2013, 06:20:51 PM
a sniper on the roof who could take out anyone diving

See this is the very sort of thing that is running Karagounis out of England!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ToodlesMcToot

1. GLT
2. Only team captains allowed to argue a call with the ref

....and of course.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjsUf_oIgp0#
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

bmasar

I thought of another one (I liked the mic'ed red idea earlier). I'd like to force clubs to reveal transfer fees and terms, wages, contract details, etc. I think league finances need to be more transparent, similar to American leagues.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: bmasar on May 18, 2013, 09:02:49 PM
I thought of another one (I liked the mic'ed red idea earlier). I'd like to force clubs to reveal transfer fees and terms, wages, contract details, etc. I think league finances need to be more transparent, similar to American leagues.

Businesses don't disclose how much they pay their employees, so why should football clubs?

Apprentice to the Maestro

:
No yellow cards for menial things such as kicking a ball away, taking your shirt off and celebrating with fans. I really hate them.
:

I agree with the points about taking the shirt off. It is a silly habit but not in the same league as a career ending or cynical tackle.

Celebrating with fans can be dangerous if the fans crush forward and should be discouraged.

Kicking the ball away or standing in front of the ball stops the game. It might be better to introduce the rugby rule of moving forward 10 yards.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on May 18, 2013, 09:23:15 PM
:
:

I agree with the points about taking the shirt off. It is a silly habit but not in the same league as a career ending or cynical tackle.

Celebrating with fans can be dangerous if the fans crush forward and should be discouraged.

Kicking the ball away or standing in front of the ball stops the game. It might be better to introduce the rugby rule of moving forward 10 yards.
We had the "moving the ball forward yards" a few years back but it just got dropped :( DKW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

bmasar

Quote from: God The Mechanic on May 18, 2013, 09:07:19 PM
Quote from: bmasar on May 18, 2013, 09:02:49 PM

Businesses don't disclose how much they pay their employees, so why should football clubs?

Like I said in my post, American teams and leagues don't have a problem doing this, so why can't English clubs?

There are many, many differences between generic "businesses" and sporting clubs, so that's not a good enough reason to avoid financial transparency.

somerset cockernee

i'd like to see 1 point for every goal scored....0-0= either team get nuffink

MisfitKid

Quote from: God The Mechanic on May 18, 2013, 01:08:10 PM
Only the captain can speak to the ref, and it will not be accepted if they shout at him (Carragher, Nolan)

Ugh, no!!  They semi-introduced that this (maybe last) year and I personally think it's ridiculous.  What if the captain was 30/40 yards away from the incident?  Why would it be of any benefit whatsoever to speak to them?  The non-shouty bit absolutely, but any player should be able to speak to the ref, operative word being speak.  
They could do like Ice Hockey, they have 2 what they call "Alternate" Captains on the ice. I'm just tired when 6 players jump the ref.  It's happened to me...   :dft007:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...