Started by alexbishop, May 19, 2013, 03:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexbishop

Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Northern Cottager

Happy that Urby got one on what is probably his last performance for us:(

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Burt

Who'd have put money on that result?

Fantastic...

12th place, 7 points ahead of Wigan.

Never in doubt  :dft011:

KP_FFC

grandad

Schwarzer MOTM for me. How many times has this been said.Kaca & Dejadah must start next season.
Where there's a will there's a wife

..Kya.ffc..

3-0 wow, Very nice and very weird.

Quote from: CanadianCottager on May 19, 2013, 05:53:26 PM
Why on earth did we ever drop Kacaniklic from the starting lineup?

We are scared to develop our own players.?. Or so it seems give some of them a chance to grow and do not drop them based on a bad preformance.
Beers may have been involved in this post.

Lighthouse

Typical isn't it. Another awful performancce for most of the match. Giving the ball away and hanging on. But when we did break away we did support the leading player. Plenty to be concerned about this season but at least we have something to be happy with, with this scoreline.

A big Summer coming up.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

PokerMatt

Quote from: grandad on May 19, 2013, 06:06:15 PM
Schwarzer MOTM for me. How many times has this been said.Kaca & Dejadah must start next season.

Kaca for me, but Mark a close second.

I really liked Frimpong as well until he got hurt.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

KP_FFC

hangeland motm for me
he was so solid
cant wait for the Amorebieta - Hangeland partnership

Luffy86

Finally something to sing about... Great result, now onto improving the team over the summer and trying to push on and get in the European places!!! I haven't been overly impressed this season but there is promising signs!

JackyFulham90

Great result
12th is a decent finish
Roll on next season

grandad

19 points from 19 away games is a pretty good return for us. It was our home form that has let us down. Our 12th position finish must not cover over the cracks though. There is a lot of work to be done this summer. No time for sentiment. Jol has a problem of what to do with Schwarzer. I would love to keep him but no player should be guaranteed being 1st choice.
Riise, Duff, Hughes, Baird , Richardson, Petric, Senderos & Sidwell are only squad players at best. Davies is, I´m afraid,  finished. I don´t know about Diaara. We will have to wait on his fitness.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Peabody

Not wishing to be controversial but even after a completely unexpected win against a very good side, it is still difficult for some of you to celebrate. From the sound of it, we rode our luck today but we won and once again from the sound of it, our defence played well and we did what Swansea couldn't, we scored some goals. Reason for me to celebrate. Great pity that some of you cannot (or will not) join me

DevonFFC

Quote from: Peabody on May 19, 2013, 07:06:03 PM
Not wishing to be controversial but even after a completely unexpected win against a very good side, it is still difficult for some of you to celebrate. From the sound of it, we rode our luck today but we won and once again from the sound of it, our defence played well and we did what Swansea couldn't, we scored some goals. Reason for me to celebrate. Great pity that some of you cannot (or will not) join me

Well said, all I read is how we shouldn't be winning and how we will lose, win is a win!!

We moan when we win
We moan when we win
Fulham fans we moan when we win

Burt

Well said Mr Peabody.

There hasn't been too much to cheer about recently, so this is a good way to draw the season to a close.

And despite being a bit average in places, we finished closer to 8 than 18th on points.

jarv

Been out playing today. First thing when I got in,  I looked at was the score :yay:  As mr. Peabody says, rejoice.  After such a dismal run to finish 12th is outstanding.
Tough season but at least we finished above the stoke giant thugs.

12th, not too shabby. Work to be done for next season, so lets keep fingers crossed and we can all start moaning again in a few months.

Max Headroom

Two minutes before he scored, I was thinking "I want that man out of my team" we scarcely had the ball and when they had possession he just sulked around the pitch. Effectively we were one man down.

Yes he can score goals, but I'm sorry if we are paying someone 100k a week I expect them to make an effort.

Interestingly that is the first time I can recall Jol taking him off just before the end. He gave a wave to the fans. There was no acknowledgement between Berbatov and Jol when he went off..... Was that his last goodbye?

Great player, but I want Fulham to play with more pace as we did when Karagounis and Emanuelson came on and actually ran at Swansea.

Max Headroom

On another point. We have been playing badly because we have been lacking confidence. We have been playing the ball backwards too often, and back to schwarzer which means then losing possession which means less confidence etc etc etc.... That confidence is not helped by Berbatov's sulking and moods....

We can't afford both Berbatov and Ruiz in the Same team. At least Ruiz tries!!!!!

Lighthouse

Will fans stop moaning about fans who moan. You just bring us all down. Enjoy the win but stop moaning about other fans. It does nothing but divide us when we all can enjoy the win, some of us without thinking it was a wonderful World beating performance.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope