watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nice one from Darren Freeman

Started by Peabody, June 23, 2013, 10:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthfieldWhite

Great player and great character , remember being in the players lounge and listening to some of his stories , good times and nice that he remembers us fans so fondly

Artful Dodger

Pre Fayed, I don't think anyone would have imagined days like we had at Carlisle, Mansfield and Cambridge with packed away ends (I was in the Cambridge end for that one, which wasn't pleasant!). What Freeman and co acheived then was incredible and I will never forget the pitch invasion at Mansfield!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Fernhurst

What was not to enjoy about Micky's team Mr P? Our first success in a barren spell that was just silly to those of us brought up under the old First Division days. We loved them all especially characters Micky managed to turn around. Conroy joined us an overweight striker and Micky convinced him it was his last chance (is his goal at Wycombe available anywhere? ... A strike mightily worthy of Fofers attention) and his goals shot us up the league.
Loved Darren's all action style and his personality shone through and made him a fans favourite.

My favourite story though was Darren didn't want to join us initially cos he thought Fulham was "up norf"

Doh.....
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

jarv

Whitehawk...interesting how articles like this bring back old memories. I remember playing against them, probably late 60s in the county league. Reason I remember is I hit the cross bar in a 0-0 draw. It was one of my first few games in the league.

filham

That  promotion meant so much to us fans at the time because it followed all those years in the doldrums when we seemed doomed to stay at or near the bottom for ever.

Mickey Adams did a great job and the players were all real triers. I wonder where they all are now.

I remember at the beginning of that season thinking how silly it was to use Nick Cusack as a sweeper, I had thought he was a clever striker. Of course the tactic proved a very clever move and a major factor in our promotion.

Fulham76

I was at the Cambridge game he mentioned & I'll never forget the turnout from the Fulham fans that day. We must have had at least 5,000 from a total attendance of about 7,500. Our fans were behind one of the goals, (not the one he scored at unfortunately), & all down one side. There were a few more in other areas as well. Don't think I've been to an away game with that many Fulham fans since... I'm not sure if we've taken that many to an away game since either? Villa & Utd in the cup maybe but not for a league game.

chiefo

Great times. Top fella Freeman. Crazy day at Cambridge for sure.

TheDaddy

He hit the nail on the head there was a sense of togetherness.I think we all felt we were after one aim one goal.

I loved every minute of it.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "