watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Boateng Has Joined .. Official

Started by Sammyffc, May 21, 2013, 02:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Allen Crankshaw

Completely underwhelmed if this is true. Surely this can't be our big signing.

rusty shackleford

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on May 22, 2013, 11:27:00 AM
Completely underwhelmed if this is true. Surely this can't be our big signing.

Well seeing as how Jol said it would be either Sako, Amorebieta or Stekelenburg, i think that would be pretty surprising

Northern Cottager

He seems glad to of finally signed for us. I was less chuffed when I thought he was messing around previously to push through a deal with other clubs. Not a bad signing if he wants to play for us and he shows the qualities I've seen on YouTube ;)

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: Northern Cottager on May 22, 2013, 11:45:56 AM
He seems glad to of finally signed for us. I was less chuffed when I thought he was messing around previously to push through a deal with other clubs. Not a bad signing if he wants to play for us and he shows the qualities I've seen on YouTube ;)

He looks like a black Sidwell with big hair - no big improvement on what we have already.  I hope he is cheaper than the Greek guy...

TWFL

Boateng Signs
Wednesday 22 May 2013 13:01

Following confirmation of international clearance, Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce the free transfer signing of Ghana international Derek Boateng on a one-year deal with an option for a further year.

The 30-year-old midfielder was previously at Ukrainian side FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk, whom he played for against Fulham in last season's UEFA Europa League qualification round.

Prior to moving to the Ukraine, Boateng made more than 70 appearances in just over two seasons at Spanish side Getafe and has represented his country on 46 occasions.

Boateng started his professional career at Kalamata FC in Greece in 1999 before moving to Panathinaikos in 2001. His move to Fulham and the Barclays Premier League follows spells in Greece, Israel, Germany, Spain and Ukraine.

Speaking from Fulham's Motspur Park Training Ground, Boateng said: "I'm very happy that I have signed and I want to thank the Chairman, the Manager and the Board at Fulham Football Club. I've been working hard to come here and I'll do my best for the Club.

"It's been a long road for me but now I'm here I'm so happy and I can't wait to start and give everything I have."

OFFICIAL! Good signing imo

TWFL

He was interviewed as well. Says a lot of nice things about the club.

Derek Boateng signs for Fulham

Fulham1959

"Heading and passing"  -  he certainly knows the game !

Ordar

Charismatic isnt he :) Joking aside he seems relieved that its finally happened. Cant argue with bringing 2 international quality players into the club on frees. Good start to the window

cebu

Quote from: Fulham1959 on May 22, 2013, 01:26:07 PM
"Heading and passing"  -  he certainly knows the game !

But can he tackle?   :023:

CurryForMario

Looks good, hopefully he's not injury prone like a certain Diarra...
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

stevehawkinslidingtackle

dont get too excited we have signed two players, who cost , as per last season , less than ten pence. Get your money out Mo, you tight bastad

MikeCdawg

i bet that's his agent with a big smile on his face cuz his pockets got fatter!

HatterDon

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on May 22, 2013, 06:31:41 PM
dont get too excited we have signed two players, who cost , as per last season , less than ten pence. Get your money out Mo, you tight bastad

This time of year the only players you can sign are those who come as free transfers. I don't know what else you'd expect in May.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

twang

Quote from: HatterDon on May 22, 2013, 10:33:50 PM

This time of year the only players you can sign are those who come as free transfers. I don't know what else you'd expect in May.

Didn't we sign Bullard for a fee in April or something? I think you can agree a transfer at any time, but they can only go through during the transfer period. I'm not an expert though.

rusty shackleford

Who cares what they cost as long as they are good enough?