watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Its unlike Fulham....

Started by valdeingruo, May 22, 2013, 01:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valdeingruo

to announce two signings 4 days after the season ends. Wheres the wait?   Big summer ahead.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Ordar

And two fantastic players in aswell with no money spent. I'm gonna be greedy and hope we get Stekelenberg in early doors aswell. Then we'll really have a good foundation to build from

CurryForMario

Very excited for the summer now, Jol said it would be a busy one, but not even I was expecting two players so quickly!
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

HatterDon

Well, I don't know so much about the "fantastic" part, but they're signings in areas where we need reinforcements. I'm especially pleased about the 4-year contract for Armtwister.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

JackyFulham90

Amorebieta is a good signing for us, certainly an upgrade on Senderos & the end of Hughes, Boateng will also do well for us he is a physical player which sometimes we have lacked since Etuhu went

filham

So good to make these signings early so that they can have a full pre-season with the squad.

Let's hope they don't take too long to adjust to the premiership as they both play in positions where we have obvious weaknesses and they are therefore much needed. 
Also it is encouraging to see they came on frees which should mean that there is money still available in the transfer kitty for more signings,

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Ordar on May 22, 2013, 01:29:46 PM
And two fantastic players in aswell with no money spent.

I'm sure plenty has been spent but paid to the player and his agent not to a selling club.

Bosmans aren't free. The player expects to get much of what would have gone to the club he was contracted to.

Burt

It's certainly a promising start. Nailing Stekelenburg would make it even better.

OldBrownShoe

So Fulham have their man (Boateng) at the third time of asking but it begs the question why only a one year contract?

Otherwise I agree with everyone else; a good, encouraging and early start to rebuilding the squad.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

General

I'm wondering when the wheels were set in motion, did we have amorebieta signed in jan (when you're allowed to talk to players soon to be out of contract)... I wonder what appealed to him about Fulham... I think having Jol and despite people not liking him at times Berbatov here increases the clubs appeal. As a player you want to be playing with the best players you can and Berba is definitely up there. 4 years is great.

Baider

I just hope these players turn out to be as decent as everyone is making out to be and not total flops, we've signed plenty of those type of players already

Joe McDonald

Quote from: OldBrownShoe on May 23, 2013, 12:37:16 PM
So Fulham have their man (Boateng) at the third time of asking but it begs the question why only a one year contract?

Otherwise I agree with everyone else; a good, encouraging and early start to rebuilding the squad.

Guess it's all to do with trying to get and then keep the age of the squad down.

He's now 30, if he plays well and is an asset to the team, the option for the additional year will be triggered and we'll have him for two years.  If it doesn't work out then his contract isn't on our books longer than one season allowing us to then use that 'saved' money on a new player next summer.

Gives the player an insentive to earn the extension by playing well.

ToodlesMcToot

I just want that creative CM taken care of as early as possible so our attack can be firing on all cylinders come the first kick of the season. Come on Fulham. Please don't make me wait til the beginning of next season to get that one sorted.

Pleased with the start to the summer. Happy that we are addressing needs early for a change.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

cebu

Quote from: OldBrownShoe on May 23, 2013, 12:37:16 PM

It's a 1 year contract with the option of a further year - sounds like Mac reeled his man in here.    :hook:

fulhamjay

I think this summer is going to be a good one for use, COYW Fulham Till I Die.