News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Roy has said on SSN he take the England job if asked.

Started by FatFreddysCat, April 30, 2010, 05:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImperialWhite

Is that Sky Sports News? Got a link for that?

Terrible news.

We can only hope that England do well, so that Fabio stays a while, but I wouldn't hold it against Roy if he did take it. After all he's achieved, leading his country to glory is a worthy reward - good luck to him.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

they would'nt ask him,these pillock's would think he would be too old-thank goodness :dft012:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: ImperialWhite on April 30, 2010, 05:13:03 PM
Is that Sky Sports News? Got a link for that?

Terrible news.

We can only hope that England do well, so that Fabio stays a while, but I wouldn't hold it against Roy if he did take it. After all he's achieved, leading his country to glory is a worthy reward - good luck to him.
Yep Sky sports News, and asking Fat Fred for a link?  :007:  :035: .

Rupert

Nothing new here, Roy has always said he would jump at the chance of managing England, and putting all selfish desires aside, who could blame him?
Fingers crossed that Capello decides to do another two years or the dipsticks at Soho Square go for another "sexy" manager to replace him.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

ImperialWhite

Haven't found a link for Roy saying he'd accept yet, but old Sven has been sticking his oar in:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12040_6124660,00.html

Tktd

Now why did you have to go and ruin the day by posting that! I was having a good day till you said that.

My only thoughts on the matter is that Capello said he wants to stay for the remainder of his contract which goes on for another two years after the summer and I assume will be reviewed after the world cup, but I can't see them firing him in a knee jerk scenario which they normally do because he's the best manager england have had in a long time and probably our best bet to win something.

If that is the case then I'd like to think Roy would be here for another 2 years minimum and If everything is done properly then I'd like to think that MAF would use these 2 years to develop the team and club around whatever Roy has achieved and will achieve by then which will mean we can get in another top manager (hopefully!) and push on from there.

It unfortunately has always been inevitable though that for Roy, the pinnacle accomplishment and his dream job would be to manage England and he's never kept it secret. It's would be the deserved icing on the cake for a manager such a Roy who exudes class and remains humble no matter what!

I would obviously be gutted to see him go, but can't really see him leaving us for anything but the England post and tbh I can't hold anything against him for going for it and I'd wish him well and be extremely proud of having had him as our manager, and also what he's accomplished and done for us as a club - he is and will always be a Fulham Ledgend due to what he's accomplished in the last 2 1/2 years and rightly so.

I have to say one last thing, I think the most fitting thing ever would be for Roy to be the manager who ends our international trophy hunt. I can imagine him being the manager, and fittingly so for his CV etc, to win England their first major trophy. I also think , due to seeing how enthusiastic he is about the idea, that he really believes he could do the job and do the job extremely well.

If he can get a bunch of players of the Fulhams squad standard to being one of the best in Europe at the moment then I can pretty saftely say with all the players eligable for England , whether they be stars or just hard grafters he would get the best out of them and we'd more likely then not be in with a real chance of winning something. If he can take Switzerland to the World Cup he can get England to win it. Also didn't he take Switzerland to 3rd in the world rankings when he was manager of them?

Lighthouse

Yes of coarse he would. Maybe Roy and the style of play may not make him the best choice. What will all Englands forwards do? Anyway Roy has done about as much as can be expected at Fulham and way beyond. Maybe England would be good for both sides. But not just yet.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jimpav

Roy saved us from relegation and has got us to a European final. He couldn't possibly do anything more to make me happier than I am right now.

Fair play to him if he wants a crack at England.

Yarden

Well, won`t happend for atleast two years so no reason to get upset by that now. Lets just enjoy the days ahead!

Tom

Quote from: Yarden on April 30, 2010, 05:36:46 PM
Well, won`t happend for atleast two years so no reason to get upset by that now. Lets just enjoy the days ahead!
+1
Fulham for life!

Crede15

That would be a fitting end to his career, I don't see how any Fulham fan could be angry with him if he did. Obviously the next hire would be important, lets face it we most likely don't find anybody as good as Roy but the main thing is avoiding a Sanchez like disaster hire.