watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

not liking all this negativity around ashley cole captaining england

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, May 29, 2013, 03:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

He has had his off the field moments. But he has served england well. Can't remember too many bad games from him in an england shirt.

FFC1987

Deanothefulhamfan

I think it sends out all the wrong messages having someone like him as captain.... Cannot stand him

Northern Cottager

Having him,Terry or any other idiot as captain sends out the worst possible message to young fans. Act like an absolute arse, treat people with disrespect and arrogance and you can captain your country. My opinion of course before anyone jumps down my throat!

Deanothefulhamfan

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on May 29, 2013, 05:00:34 PM
I agree northern.... Baines is better anyway

Aye, you're not wrong. Although he looks like he could do with a haircut and a shave.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Northern Cottager on May 29, 2013, 04:36:03 PM
Having him,Terry or any other idiot as captain sends out the worst possible message to young fans. Act like an absolute arse, treat people with disrespect and arrogance and you can captain your country. My opinion of course before anyone jumps down my throat!

If you rule out all the assholes, who's left?

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Northern Cottager on May 29, 2013, 04:36:03 PM
I agree with you, but Ferdinand was an arse and got chosen as Captain, Terry is an arrogant Pr1ck, even Steve Gerrard shouts abuse at Ref's from about 6" away and gets away with it.  As someone else mentioned, who can name a player in the England squad who could be Captain but has not acted like a spoilt brat at some time or other? Pity really, there is no pride in just playing for your country any longer, its all about ego and money.  Where are the modern day Bobby Moore's or Alan Mullery's?
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Deanothefulhamfan

Think Phil Jones would make a good future captain.... Joe Hart / Steven Gerrard are both decent enough for the time being....

St Eve