https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stekelenburg Signs

Started by zander, June 05, 2013, 05:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zander

Stekelenburg Signs
Wednesday 5 June 2013 17:00

Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Dutch international goalkeeper, Maarten Stekelenburg, from AS Roma on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee which will see the player at the Club until at least the summer of 2017.

The 30-year-old began his senior career at Ajax, having progressed through the Dutch club's youth system.

Stekelenburg made over 280 appearances during 11 seasons at Ajax, winning two league titles, three Dutch cups and four Dutch super cups before moving to Serie A and the Italian capital in 2011. He worked with current Fulham Manager Martin Jol at Ajax during the 2009-10 campaign.

Stekelenburg has 54 caps for the Netherlands and became first-choice goalkeeper following the retirement of Edwin van der Sar, having been understudy to the former Fulham man earlier in his career and at Euro 2008.

He reached the Final of the 2010 World Cup with Netherlands, narrowly losing out 1-0 to Spain in extra-time, and he represented his country at last summer's Euro 2012.

Speaking from a central London hotel, Maarten Stekelenburg said: "I am very happy to be joining Fulham, and to have everything sorted out so early in the summer, so I can really focus on preparations for playing in the Barclays Premier League next season.

"It's good that I'll be joining Martin again, he knows my capabilities very well, so I am just looking forward to joining up with the team in pre-season and enjoying some time with them prior to the new season starting."

Manager Martin Jol added: "Maarten Stekelenburg is a fine quality goalkeeper who I know well from my time working with him at Ajax and of course as the Dutch international goalkeeper I have always had an additional interest in his career. I am sure that he will do well here at Fulham in the Barclays Premier League.

"He is a player of great quality and technical ability whose distribution and ability to react quickly and read the game is exceptional; he will be a fantastic addition to the talented team of 'keepers that we already have.  I am delighted that he was so keen to come to join us and am very happy with the way that the summer is shaping up in terms of our signings, so on the whole I'm ever so pleased."

Ordar

YYYYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Finally

Rhys Lightning 63

Bye bye Schwarzer and Bye bye Stockdale
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

EJL

NEW KEEPER KIT... well, only the back of it, but we can see the stripes!

Big Martin Jol

Brilliant! With the long running goalkeeper saga done and dusted we can really switch our focus to the outfield.

It's shaping up to be a good summer.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

farfouille

How should we call him now? Steks?  :022:
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

ffcbulgaria

"He is a player of great quality and technical ability whose distribution and ability to react quickly and read the game is exceptional"

Looking forward to seeing the exceptional distribution after a few seasons of moaning about Schwarzer's inability in that area!

And finally the new signings are posing with adidas gear.

sunburywhite

Steks between the schticks
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

KP_FFC

farfouille

"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

farfouille

- Rene Meulensteen

ElissonSnygg

Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Ordar

World Class keeper. Really enjoying this transfer window so far. (And so early!)

3 International class players in already.

Will be interesting to see what we look to address next.

Burt

Need to teach him how to smile :-D

westcliff white

Nice polo shirt too, that is a new design by addidas, the others have been one colour with stripes. Hopefully kit has our own tweaks to it as well
Every day is a Fulham day

Slaphead in Qatar

Defence alot stronger now with the recent signings. I am still not happy with riise and richardson on left side, but defence overall now looks good.

We now need to focus on getting 2 quality midfielders. Left winger would also be good, i think kaka is not up to it despite his late season form.

MOR :

Quote from: ffcbulcolor=maroon][/color]garia link=topic=30733.msg397094#msg397094 date=1370448811]
"He is a player of great quality and technical ability whose distribution and ability to react quickly and read the game is exceptional"

Looking forward to seeing the exceptional distribution after a few seasons of moaning about Schwarzer's inability in that area!
And finally the new signings are posing with adidas gear.

My thoughts as well...

..Kya.ffc..

Nice to finally get the confirmation. A wonderful signing hope he lives up to his former self 076.gif   :wine:

3 down(4 if you count Riether), and I guess 3 to go. Impressing window so far and so early - so unlike us but we needed that.
Beers may have been involved in this post.

Burt

Spare a thought for Schwarz though... He has been a great servant for us, best of luck to whatever he moves on to.