more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stekelenburg Signs

Started by zander, June 05, 2013, 05:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo76

Quote from: Ordar on June 05, 2013, 05:20:29 PM
World Class keeper. Really enjoying this transfer window so far. (And so early!)

3 International class players in already.

Will be interesting to see what we look to address next.

:plus one:

That's it and that's all.

sipwell

A "stekel" in Dutch means a prickle. Burg, obviously refers to a city (like the word "burgher" which you knicked from Dutch). So literally his name means "city of prickles"
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

EJL

Quote from: Burt on June 05, 2013, 05:33:40 PM
Spare a thought for Schwarz though... He has been a great servant for us, best of luck to whatever he moves on to.

I wanted to post something like this, but I still don't know how to phrase it. Wherever Schwarzer goes this summer, that club will still have one of the most consistent keepers in the League on their hands. Terrific professional; he didn't leave when the interest was there from bigger clubs, and he's been a crucial part of our success over the past five years.

SmithyFFC

Spare a thought for Schwarz though... He has been a great servant for us, best of luck to whatever he moves on to.

FTID

fulhamben

fantastic signing, let the pre season commence
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Rhys Lightning 63

Stuff it, I'm gonna say it.

FULHAM FOR THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Jamie88

Great stuff, cant wait to see him in action.
Has anyone on here seen alot of him? As most of my football-watching is only really restricted to England and the odd champions league match, I'll admit to only being pleased of this signing based only on reputation of his name and not from actually watching his performances.

Fulham1959

Quote from: Jamie88 on June 05, 2013, 06:08:10 PM
Has anyone on here seen alot of him? As most of my football-watching is only really restricted to England and the odd champions league match, I'll admit to only being pleased of this signing based only on reputation of his name and not from actually watching his performances.

Not too much action, I hope !

Classic94

Great signing! Very happy with this! I guess it means the end of Schwarzer though. He has been a great servant for the club over the years.

..Kya.ffc..

So this deal was the last one Franco Baldini did as sporting director for AS Roma.

http://www.asroma.it/en/news/franco_baldini_june_5
Beers may have been involved in this post.

cebu

Well said, sir!

zander

Quote from: Jamie88 on June 05, 2013, 06:08:10 PM

I've seen a reasonable amount of Serie A this season and he's looked ok. But he's been in and out of the squad so much particularly early on that its hard to gauge. He never settled in Rome so a fresh start is exactly what he needs. I cant see why he wont get back to his very best in the next couple of years. 

cmg

Amid the general euphoria I had forgotten that, in several threads this year, I had poured a certain amount of scorn on the idea that we would be signing Stekelenburg.

I am pleased, therefore, to publicly apologise and congratulate Fulham FC on making me look an idiot (by no means for the first time). I shall be happy to eat a large portion of Humble Pie, should go down OK with a liberal dosing of Levi Root's Reggae Reggae Sauce. In fact I am listening to 'The Sad Bag of Shaky Jake' as I type this while trying to watch England playing football and cricket (multi-tasking ain't just a woman thing when it comes to sports watching.)

JackyFulham90

Great signing by us here great keeper,  glad to see it's a 4 year deal

Bobby2012

Yes..we got him! Stekelenburg is one of the best goalkeepers in Europe. Good work Jol!!

mangoputney

Quote from: EJL on June 05, 2013, 05:10:22 PM
NEW KEEPER KIT... well, only the back of it, but we can see the stripes!

great news

erm... reckon thats close to the rear template of the Stoke electriCity monstrosity

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Danitar

Quote from: mangoputney on June 05, 2013, 09:44:54 PM
Quote from: EJL on June 05, 2013, 05:10:22 PM
NEW KEEPER KIT... well, only the back of it, but we can see the stripes!

great news

erm... reckon thats close to the rear template of the Stoke electriCity monstrosity

Give the new kit a chance

PaulJ123

Quote from: westcliff white on June 05, 2013, 05:22:53 PM
Nice polo shirt too, that is a new design by addidas, the others have been one colour with stripes. Hopefully kit has our own tweaks to it as well

The polo is just a standard Adidas polo with our badge on it. Hopefully, its just our training gear that's the stock Adidas gear.

Cracking signing though...to get a keeper who a year or so ago was mooted as one of the best in the world is a steal. Class is permanent and hes had an injury hit year so hopefully with a good pre season and run in the team, he can recapture that form.

Schwarzer has been fantastic lets not forget. Probably kept us up last season and has been top quality ever since he signed. All the best for the future

westcliff white

That's a new deign by Adidas this year tho so it bodes well, stokes new training gear is last yearsdesigns as is west hams. But they both don't have a long term deal just 3/4 year deals.

I reckon it's a keepers top he is holding not something similar to stocked god awful electricity thing
Every day is a Fulham day

mangoputney

Quote from: westcliff white on June 05, 2013, 10:46:31 PM
That's a new deign by Adidas this year tho so it bodes well, stokes new training gear is last yearsdesigns as is west hams. But they both don't have a long term deal just 3/4 year deals.

I reckon it's a keepers top he is holding not something similar to stocked god awful electricity thing

+1

am liking a lot of the new adidas kits.... except that Stoke thing
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation