EJL

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on June 05, 2013, 11:37:41 PM
How do we pronounce it?

Stek Len Burg? Three syllables.

Ste Kel En Burg? Four syllables.

Any idea?
Four syllables.

God The Mechanic

I think I'm actually gonna miss the daily "Stekelenburg set to sign" stories all over Twitter :(

filham

Quote from: KP_FFC on June 05, 2013, 05:14:43 PM
big stek as hes 6''6
It's a long way for him to get down to the daisy cutters.

Burt

Quote from: EJL on June 06, 2013, 12:03:02 AM
Quote from: Wimbledon_White on June 05, 2013, 11:37:41 PM
How do we pronounce it?

Stek Len Burg? Three syllables.

Ste Kel En Burg? Four syllables.

Any idea?
Four syllables.

The Stek.

Two syllables.

farfouille

Quote from: Fulham1959 on June 05, 2013, 06:16:28 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on June 05, 2013, 06:08:10 PM
Great stuff, cant wait to see him in action.
Has anyone on here seen alot of him? As most of my football-watching is only really restricted to England and the odd champions league match, I'll admit to only being pleased of this signing based only on reputation of his name and not from actually watching his performances.

Not too much action, I hope !

This is inevitable - after all, most of our attacks end up with a pass to our goalkeeper. ;)
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

fulhamfever

rusty shackleford

Theres a video interview on the site with him now. Says maybe he will follow EVDS's career path. Already thinking about Utd! Sell him! Bring back Tony Warner

Ordar

Good to hear him say he's signed for the long term. Another one of Jol's old players signing his praises. It is likely the English players who apparently fell out with Jol have attitude problems (we know Bobby Z does for sure), its notable that none of the international players who have played under him bare him any bad blood. Why do we think this is? Unwilling to change ideas? Want an easy ride? System too complex for them?

I really hope this is the window where we put Jols vision into fruition. I still have doubts over Ruiz and Berbatov's ability to function as a forward partnership, but there must surely be a way to get them both being effective the same team. (Although they said that about Lampard and Gerrard for years)

Burt

sipwell

Quote from: rusty shackleford on June 06, 2013, 10:51:47 AM
Theres a video interview on the site with him now. Says maybe he will follow EVDS's career path. Already thinking about Utd! Sell him! Bring back Tony Warner

I guess that has been talked up by Dutch press. Their career path is strikingly similar. Starting off at Ajax, becoming a regular national goalkeeper, going to Italy, finding your club and international career in a slump (not that many opportunities to play games), go to Fulham at 30, become a regular, get your place back for the Dutch side...

I bet he spoke to VDS to find him out.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

valdeingruo

Quote from: sipwell on June 06, 2013, 01:04:04 PM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on June 06, 2013, 10:51:47 AM

I guess that has been talked up by Dutch press. Their career path is strikingly similar. Starting off at Ajax, becoming a regular national goalkeeper, going to Italy, finding your club and international career in a slump (not that many opportunities to play games), go to Fulham at 30, become a regular, get your place back for the Dutch side...

I bet he spoke to VDS to find him out.

CONSPIRACY!
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

cmg

It might be a fairly standard sort of club interview, but you can't help being impressed by the Dutchies' command of our lingo, especially as this bloke has never been based anywhere except Holland and Italy.

Reminds me of listening to the radio as I was driving somewhere some years back. As a build up to an England v Netherlands match they interviewed Dick Advocaat, Ronnie Koeman, Frank Rijkaard, Dennis Bergkamp and our own Ian Wright. No prizes for guessing which one was not articulate, informative and easily understood!

EJL

MAARTEN. I haven't been as happy a Fulham fan in a while.