more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (06/06/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, June 06, 2013, 04:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham interested in Defoe

Fulham are weighing up a bid for Tottenham Hotspur striker Jermain Defoe.

Spurs are keen to offload the 30-year-old to raise funds for moves elsewhere – with Internacional striker Leandro Damiao and Valencia star Roberto Soldado both on their hitlist.

Boss Andre Villas-Boas was reportedly ready to throw £7 million-rated Defoe into a deal for Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke – though he was quickly rebuffed by the Villains.

And SportsDirect News has learned that has led him to sound out potential suitors, with Fulham one to show an interest.

Boss Martin Jol worked with Defoe at Spurs – with the striker scoring 44 goals under the Dutchman.

And he is keen to reunite his former striker with Dimitar Berbatov – who he signed for the Lilywhites in 2006.

A source told us: "Jermain could quite easily move on, with Andre interested in strikers.

"Martin Jol is known to like him, and he'd love to match him up with Dimitar again - so a deal could work for both parties."

However, Defoe has repeatedly managed to ward off competition from fellow forwards to stay in the White Hart Lane first-team in the past, and could choose to try to do so again this time around.

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league/25804-fulham-interested-in-defoe.php

WhiteJC

Young Dane Goes Dutch!

News is sparse on the transfer front at the moment.

We`ve heard nothing else on the keeper front and it would appear that although we have no doubts the staff are working feverishly behind the scenes, progress is slow.

However, one piece of gossip that did emerge yesterday related to our failure eto lure a young Dane to Craven Cottage.

It seems that Fulham were interested in bringing the 16 year-old Stefan Gartenmann to West London but were thwarted by the fact that the young Dane has decided to join Heerenveen, in Holland.

Gartenmann, reportedly turned down the chance to join us believing that he`d stand far more chance of making progress through the ranks, at Heerenveen than he would in West London, although we suspect the persuasive tongue of the Heerenveen coach, a certain Marco Van Basten, might have had something to do with that!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=321179#ixzz2VP3wdHTQ

WhiteJC

Stekelenburg Signs

Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Holland international goalkeeper, Maarten Stekelenburg, from AS Roma on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee which will see the player remain with the Whites until at least the summer of 2017.

The 30-year-old began his senior career at Ajax, having progressed through the Dutch club's youth system.

Stekelenburg made more than 280 appearances during 11 seasons at Ajax, winning two league titles, three Dutch cups and four Dutch Super Cups before moving to Serie A and the Italian capital in 2011. He worked with current Fulham Manager Martin Jol at Ajax during the 2009/10 campaign.

Stekelenburg has 54 caps for the Netherlands and became first-choice goalkeeper following the retirement of Edwin van der Sar, having been understudy to the former Fulham man earlier in his career and at Euro 2008.

He reached the Final of the 2010 World Cup with Netherlands, narrowly losing out 1-0 to Spain in extra-time, and he represented his country at last summer's Euro 2012.

Speaking from a central London hotel, Stekelenburg said: "I am very happy to be joining Fulham, and to have everything sorted out so early in the summer, so I can really focus on preparations for playing in the Barclays Premier League next season.

"It's good that I'll be joining Martin again, he knows my capabilities very well, so I am just looking forward to joining up with the team in pre-season and enjoying some time with them prior to the new season starting."

Jol added: "Maarten Stekelenburg is a fine quality goalkeeper who I know well from my time working with him at Ajax and of course as the Dutch international goalkeeper I have always had an additional interest in his career. I am sure that he will do well here at Fulham in the Premier League.

"He is a player of great quality and technical ability whose distribution and ability to react quickly and read the game is exceptional; he will be a fantastic addition to the talented team of keepers that we already have. I am delighted that he was so keen to come to join us and am very happy with the way that the summer is shaping up in terms of our signings, so on the whole I'm ever so pleased."

See Maarten and the rest of the team in action at all 19 Barclays Premier League home games next season with a Fulham FC Season Ticket, find out more at fulhamfc.com/seasontickets

Also, you will soon be able to buy the new adidas Training Kit worn here from the official Shop. Keep an eye on fulhamfc.com for details.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/june/05/stekelenburg?

WhiteJC

Goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg joins Fulham from Roma

Maarten Stekelenburg: Arrives at Fulham on a four-year deal

Fulham have completed the signing of goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg from Italian giants Roma on a four-year contract.

Stekelenburg leaves the beaten Italian Cup finalists after two years at the Stadio Olimpico.

The 30-year-old made his name at Ajax, spending the first nine years of his career in Amsterdam, where he came to the attention of Cottagers boss Martin Jol.

Stekelenburg was part of the Holland squad which reached the final of the last World Cup, and he also featured in last summer's European Championships.

Jol said: "Maarten Stekelenburg is a fine quality goalkeeper who I know well from my time working with him at Ajax and of course as the Dutch international goalkeeper I have always had an additional interest in his career.

"I am sure that he will do well here at Fulham in the Premier League.

"He is a player of great quality and technical ability whose distribution and ability to react quickly and read the game is exceptional; he will be a fantastic addition to the talented team of keepers that we already have.

"I am delighted that he was so keen to come to join us and am very happy with the way that the summer is shaping up in terms of our signings, so on the whole I'm ever so pleased."

Stekelenburg, who has 54 caps, said: "It's good that I'll be joining Martin again. He knows my capabilities very well, so I am just looking forward to joining up with the team in pre-season and enjoying some time with them prior to the new season starting.

"I am very happy to be joining Fulham and to have everything sorted out so early in the summer, so I can really focus on preparations for playing in the Barclays Premier League next season."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8758814/?

WhiteJC

Fulham complete signing of former Spurs target

Fulham have completed the signing of goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg, a deal that will surely spell the exit of veteran Mark Schwarzer.

The Dutchman joins from Roma on a four year deal for an undisclosed fee - a year after being heavily linked with a move to Tottenham.

The 30-year-old has 54 caps for Holland and was understudy to former Whites man Edwin Van Der Ser for many years.

He said: "I am very happy to be joining Fulham, and to have everything sorted out so early in the summer, so I can really focus on preparations for playing in the Barclays Premier League next season.

"It's good that I'll be joining Martin again, he knows my capabilities very well, so I am just looking forward to joining up with the team in pre-season and enjoying some time with them prior to the new season starting."

Jol explained: "Maarten Stekelenburg is a fine quality goalkeeper who I know well from my time working with him at Ajax and of course as the Dutch international goalkeeper I have always had an additional interest in his career. I am sure that he will do well here at Fulham in the Premier League.

"He is a player of great quality and technical ability whose distribution and ability to react quickly and read the game is exceptional; he will be a fantastic addition to the talented team of keepers that we already have. I am delighted that he was so keen to come to join us and am very happy with the way that the summer is shaping up in terms of our signings, so on the whole I'm ever so pleased."

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/fulham_complete_signing_of_former_spurs_target_1_2224349

WhiteJC

Fulham complete four-year deal for Roma goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg
The Netherlands international joins up with Martin Jol once again

Fulham have announced the signing of goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg from Roma on a four-year deal.

The 30-year-old Holland international has long been linked with a move to the London club, where he will be reunited with compatriot Martin Jol, who was previously his manager at Ajax.

The deal casts further doubt over the future of long-term Fulham number one Mark Schwarzer, who may now look to leave the club before the start of the new season.

Stekelenburg, who has been capped 54 times by Holland, becomes Fulham's fourth signing of the summer following deals for Sascha Riether, Derek Boateng and Fernando Amorebieta, and is pleased to be linking up with Jol once again.

"It's good that I'll be joining Martin again," he told the club's official website.

"He knows my capabilities very well, so I am just looking forward to joining up with the team in pre-season and enjoying some time with them prior to the new season starting.

"I am very happy to be joining Fulham and to have everything sorted out so early in the summer, so I can really focus on preparations for playing in the Barclays Premier League next season."

Jol, who guided Fulham to 12th place last season, believes his newest signing will adapt well to English football.

"Maarten Stekelenburg is a fine quality goalkeeper who I know well from my time working with him at Ajax and, of course, as the Dutch international goalkeeper I have always had an additional interest in his career," he said.

"I am sure that he will do well here at Fulham in the Premier League. He is a player of great quality and technical ability whose distribution and ability to react quickly and read the game is exceptional; he will be a fantastic addition to the talented team of keepers that we already have.

"I am delighted that he was so keen to come to join us and am very happy with the way that the summer is shaping up in terms of our signings, so on the whole I'm ever so pleased."

Schwarzer's future now seems to lie elsewhere, with the 40-year-old, who came close to a move to Arsenal in 2010, unlikely to sign a new deal to sit on the bench at Craven Cottage.

PA

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fulham-complete-fouryear-deal-for-roma-goalkeeper-maarten-stekelenburg-8646298.html

WhiteJC

Fulham snap up Stekelenburg as Dutch keeper checks into Craven Cottage for four years

Fulham have snapped up Dutch international goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg on a four-year deal from Roma.

The west London club were linked with the goalkeeper in January but failed to complete the deal before the transfer deadline window shut.

Stekelenburg previously worked with Fulham manager Martin Jol at Ajax and has 54 caps for Holland including playing in the run to the 2010 World Cup final.

New No 1: Maarten Stekelenburg has signed a four-year deal at Fulham

The move puts Mark Schwarzer's place at Craven Cottage in jeopardy after his contract came to an end at the end of the season.

Stekelenburg, said:  'I am very happy to be joining Fulham, and to have everything sorted out so early in the summer, so I can really focus on preparations for playing in the Premier League next season.

'It's good that I'll be joining Martin again, he knows my capabilities very well, so I am just looking forward to joining up with the team in pre-season and enjoying some time with them prior to the new season starting.'

Making an impact: Stekelenburg has proved himself as Dutch No 1

Jol added: 'Maarten Stekelenburg is a fine quality goal keeper who I know well from my time working with him at Ajax and of course as the Dutch international Goalkeeper I have always had an additional interest in his career. I am sure that he will do well here at Fulham in the Barclays Premier League.

'He is a player of great quality and technical ability whose distribution and ability to react quickly and read the game is exceptional; he will be a fantastic addition to the talented team of 'keepers that we already have. 

What does the future hold? Mark Schwarzer is out of contract

'I am delighted that he was so keen to come to join us and am very happy with the way that the summer is shaping up in terms of our signings, so on the whole I'm ever so pleased.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2336402/Maarten-Stekelenburg-signs-Fulham-year-deal.html#ixzz2VP5vpZYH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Mohamed Al Fayed sues Paul Anka, claims singer profited from interest in Princess Diana

MOHAMMED Al Fayed is suing Paul Anka in a Los Angeles court, claiming singer profited from the public's interest in Princess Diana with his autobiography.

Al Fayed claims the book by Anka takes advanatge of the public's interest in Princess Diana

The ex-Harrods owner has called Anka's book My Way a "sensationalised, self-styled autobiography" at Los Angeles superior court.

The 84-year-old claims My Way includes 'false' and 'defamatory' passages and alleges they were designed to boost sales and generate attention.

Al Fayed is demanding the book be withdrawn from sale and claims it takes advantage of the public's 'insatiable interest' and 'enduring love' for Princess Diana.

Al Fayed claims parts of the book, co-written by David Dalton, depicts his son Dodi as a cocaine abusing 'deadbeat' and womanising 'Daddy's boy.'

Al Fayed accuses Anka and Dalton of defamation, invasion of privacy, intentional infliction of emotional distress and misuse of private information.

Princess Diana and Dodi Al Fayed

The book claims that customs has seized cash Dodi tried to smuggle into America and that Anka has leant the young Fayed $150,000.

Anka alleges Dodi failed to repay him and when he called his father he was paid 'hush money' top keep him from calling the police.

The owner of Fulham Football Club claims the book falsely portrays him and says Anka's assessment of Dodi's character was 'outrageous'.

The complaint adds: "The book and the article further falsely imply that plaintiff perceived that his son Dodi was so irresponsible and culpable of the attributes alleged by Anka, that plaintiff caused in some manner Dodi's Los Angeles home to be shut down and for Dodi to be removed from Los Angeles and made to return to England in order to correct, limit or punish his son's acknowledged misconduct."

Princess Diana and Dodi Al Fayed died in a car crash in Paris in August 1997.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/405295/Mohamed-Al-Fayed-sues-Paul-Anka-claims-singer-profited-from-interest-in-Princess-Diana?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-world-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+World+Feed%29

WhiteJC

Costa Rica Tour Announcement

Fulham Football Club is delighted to confirm that its First Team squad will be travelling to Costa Rica on a pre-season tour ahead of the 2013/14 Barclays Premier League campaign.

Martin Jol's men will play three teams from the Primera División de Costa Rica at the Estadio Nacional, the country's national stadium, on 14th, 17th and 20th July.

Fulham's first fixture will take place on Sunday 14th July against last season's Primera División runners-up C.S. Cartaginés. This will be followed by fixtures against L.D. Alajuelense on Wednesday 17th July and Deportivo Saprissa S.A.D. on Saturday 20th July.

Kick-off times for all three fixtures are yet to be confirmed.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/june/05/costa-rica-tour?

WhiteJC

A Stek In The Right Direction
by LRCN on JUNE 5, 2013

At last! After a four-month long saga, Fulham have signed goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg from Roma. I'm sure we were all delighted when on January 31st he was on the plane over here to complete a medical and put pen to paper on a transfer, and equally disappointed when Roma pulled out of the deal last minute. Some of us were even thinking "the opportunity has been and gone", as we were looking to take advantage of Stekelenburg's difficult time in Italy (exiled from the first team, refused to learn Italian) and as he won back his place in the first team it seemed as if the boomerang of hope was firmly in the place of realism once again. After all, a world cup finalist, a worthy successor to Edwin Van der Sar, a Dutch international, Roma's keeper; why on earth would he want to come to little old Fulham?

But want to come he did. Roma failed to get in to Europe and held only the advantage of prestige. We, however, could offer him an exit from a couple of seasons in which our new addition really struggled. So, it is good news for Stek, but what about us?

Mark Schwarzer has been Fulham's first choice goalkeeper for fully five seasons now, having signed in May 2008, and what a keeper he has been. However, for about 12 to 18 months now there has been a groundswell of opinion that Schwarzer's time has been and is going. He has had a marvellous end to the season, culminating in a man-of-the-match display at Swansea (despite the 3-0 margin of victory, he was the standout Fulham player), but that has followed a series of time which has suggested that age is finally captured up the Australia international. Having reached his 40s, he is not going to go on forever, and with his contract expiring in four weeks now seems as good a time as any to bring in a new man. I doubt that he will stay any longer, if he wants the first team football he has mentioned so much in the media recently.

Of course, I would have been comfortable offering Schwarzer another year at the club. After all, he is still a very good goalkeeper. But, the opportunity has arisen to sign someone of true pedigree and, importantly, a decade worth of years on our current man. This is a natural progression. Maarten Stekelenburg is a player who I remember vividly for his great displays during World Cup 2010 as part of a Dutch national team that reached the final and threatened to overcome the great Spain side of contemporary years. Fantastic reflexes, smooth feet, great sweeping capabilities and a large physical presence all point to a typical Dutch goalkeeper – and we have seen with the likes of Vorm how suitable they are to the Premier League. One of Schwarzer's great limitations was his technical ability with the ball which meant we all too easily surrendered possession. Not so with Stekelenburg, who was raised in the academy of Ajax under the shadow of the connoisseurs of possession football. This was a point which, interestingly, Martin Jol explicitly mentioned in the official club announcement.

It is also interesting to see that this is another player who has reunited with Martin Jol (and another bullet in the idea that he falls out too easily with players). The two men know each other very well, not only having worked alongside each other during their shared time at Ajax, but also sharing the same country of birth. There won't be any language barriers there either, with Stekelenburg's fluency in English meaning there won't be the same issues he had over in Italy.

All in all, this is a great bit of business. Roma have confirmed the fee at £4.7m, a bargain really for a player of his stature, despite a shaky season or two. Sir Alex Ferguson had reportedly taken a real interest in Stekelenburg to replace the retired Van der Sar, and it will be interesting to see our latest addition mirror EVS's career moves (Dutch goalie moves to Fulham from Italy after a difficult time). With this move confirmed, along with those of Derek Boateng, Sascha Riether and, most importantly, Fernando Amorebieta, Fulham have started off the transfer window on an exceptionally strong foot, making a huge statement intent about our ambition and our place in English football.

I must mention David Stockdale here too, who's first team chances are now surely doomed. He joined at around the same time as Schwarzer, and for many seasons seemed as if he was being groomed as Schwarzer's successor. Alas, it hasn't worked out for him as he would have liked, and I hate that he was never given a real chance. I hope that whatever happens now he gets the first team football he deserves. I'm sure he can do a real good job for a Premier League team. A shame that it won't be at Fulham.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2013/06/a-stek-in-the-right-direction/?

WhiteJC

Schwarzer to leave Fulham after Stekelenburg signing

Veteran Australian goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer says he will leave Fulham after the Premier League club signed Dutch international Maarten Stekelenburg.

Schwarzer, 40, who pulled off some key saves in Australia's 1-1 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ qualifying draw with Japan this week, is out of contract next month.

He wanted to stay at the London side to ensure top-level football in the run-up to Brazil 2014, but Stekelenburg's signing on Wednesday apparently convinced him it was time to move.

"That's what I've heard (Stekelenburg's signing) and I've been hearing that for a while so it's no great surprise and I'll be looking for another club," he told Sydney's Daily Telegraph.

"Nothing has been sorted at the moment, the Japan game was the most important thing on the agenda so I'm worried about the Australia games now."

Asked if Australia's A-League was an option, he said: "Not at this stage, no. My family's settled and the kids are in school and I wouldn't (move) my family anyway.

"And when you talk about the length of season it's never ideal when it finishes in April, so as far as I'm concerned I'll try and stay in Europe for as long as possible and England would be ideal."

Stekelenburg, who has won 54 caps for the Netherlands, joined Fulham from Italian side Roma on a four-year contract.

The 30-year-old becomes Fulham's fourth signing of the close season, following earlier moves for German full-back Sascha Riether, Ghanaian midfielder Derek Boateng, and Venezuelan defender Fernando Amorebieta.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=2103342.html?cid=rssfeed&att=

WhiteJC

Schwarzer confirms Fulham exit

Mark Schwarzer has confirmed he's set to leave Fulham after the Premier League club signed Netherlands international goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg.

The 30-year-old Stekelenburg was signed by coach and compatriot Martin Jol from Italian side Roma on a four-year deal.

Fresh from his big role in Australia's impressive 1-1 draw in the World Cup qualifier against Japan in Saitama, 40-year-old Schwarzer said he expected to move in the wake of the signing but ruled out heading back to Australia to play in the A-League.

"That's what I've heard (Stekelenburg's signing) and I've been hearing that for a while so it's no great surprise and I'll be looking for another club," Schwarzer told News Ltd. "Nothing has been sorted at the moment."

Schwarzer wants to keep playing first-team football ahead of next year's World Cup and he hoped that could be in England.

Asked if the A-League was a possibility, he said: "Not at this stage, no. My family's settled and the kids are in school and I wouldn't (move) my family anyway.

"And when you talk about the length of season, it's never ideal when it finishes in April so, as far as I'm concerned, I'll try and stay in Europe for as long as possible and England would be ideal."

Stekelenburg becomes Fulham's fourth signing of the off-season, following earlier moves for German full-back Sascha Riether, who spent last season on loan at Craven Cottage, Ghanaian midfielder Derek Boateng and Venezuelan defender Fernando Amorebieta.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/210662.html#SMXhGXkvXMLveOtF.99

WhiteJC

Maarten Stekelenburg will be fantastic for Fulham, says Martin Jol

Fulham manager Martin Jol has backed new goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg to be a success at the club after signing from Roma on a four-year-deal.

The 30-year-old Holland international is reunited with compatriot Jol, who was previously his manager at Ajax.

Jol said: "He [Stekelenburg] is a player of great quality and technical ability whose distribution and ability to react quickly and read the game is exceptional; he will be a fantastic addition to the talented team of keepers that we already have."

Stekelenburg, who has been capped 54 times by Holland, becomes Fulham's fourth signing of the summer following deals for Sascha Riether, Derek Boateng and Fernando Amorebieta.

"It's good that I'll be joining Martin again," the goalkeeper said. "He knows my capabilities very well, so I am just looking forward to joining up with the team in pre-season and enjoying some time with them prior to the new season starting."

The deal casts further doubt over the future of long-term Fulham number one Mark Schwarzer, who may now look to leave the club before the start of the new season.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/maarten-stekelenburg-will-be-fantastic-for-fulham-says-martin-jol-8646723.html

WhiteJC

Fulham star confirms exit and weighs up his options

Transfer News: Fulham goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer has confirmed that he is set to leave the club after the Whites signed Maarten Stekelenburg.

The 40-year-old is out of contract at Craven Cottage and expects to be shown the door by the west London outfit.

The Australian World Cup hopeful is intending to stay in England and not return to his homeland.

"That's what I've heard (Stekelenburg's signing) and I've been hearing that for a while so it's no great surprise and I'll be looking for another club," Schwarzer told News Ltd.

"Nothing has been sorted at the moment."

"[The A-League is not a possibility] at this stage, no. My family's settled and the kids are in school and I wouldn't (move) my family anyway.

"And when you talk about the length of season, it's never ideal when it finishes in April so, as far as I'm concerned, I'll try and stay in Europe for as long as possible and England would be ideal."

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/fulham_star_confirms_exit_and_weighs_up_his_options_1_2224766

WhiteJC

Berba Back For Ballack

Dimitar Berbatov played in a testimonial for former Bayer Leverkusen teammate Michael Ballack on Wednesday night.

Ballack, who made 98 appearances for Germany and played for the likes of Leverkusen, Chelsea and Bayern Munich before retiring last year, was honoured with a game in front of 44,000 fans at Leipzig's Red Bull Arena between a 'Ballack & Friends' team and World XI outfit managed by Jose Mourinho.

Berba took his place alongside Didier Drogba up front for the World XI and showed some fantastic touches, including rounding the goalkeeper with a sublime piece of skill before curling the ball onto the post from a tight angle.

But the night belonged to the 36-year-old Ballack as the midfielder scored a hat-trick (two for Ballack & Friends and one for World XI after switching sides at half-time) as it ended 4-3 to theWorld XI, with Drogba (2), Andreas "Zecke" Neuendorf and Andre Schürrle also on the scoresheet.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/june/06/berba-back-for-ballack?

WhiteJC

Fulham Transfer Dossier: Build On Amorebieta & Stekelenburg & Avoid Any Last Minute Exits

Having meandered to a season that wasn't without its moments of panic in the latter stages, Fulham have wasted no time in attempting to address some of the problems which marked one of Martin Jol's worst ever seasons in this league.

The Cottagers have never been recognised as West Londoners big spenders, and it has been suggested that a club who have begun to stagnate since their Europa League marvels in 2010 are need of some severe regeneration to prevent another uninspiring mid table finish.

Selling their prized assets in Mousa Dembele and Clint Dempsey in the final week of the summer transfer window left Fulham shell shocked last season, and perhaps the most imperative factor this time around is simply to avoid dropping such a clanger and ensure that their business is concluded in a timely fashion this year.

Business so far
To be fair, they look to be doing just that. While the transfer business of most Premier League clubs still remains confined to the gossip columns, Fulham have commendably secured a number of positive additions to their team.  In the past weeks the club have secured deals for Fernando Amorebieta, the towering Basque centre half who's presence alongside Brede Hangeland in defence is a formidable prospect for many, and the experienced Ghana international Derek Boeteng, recruited from Ukrainian outfit Dnipro.

The club have also secured a deal for Sascha Riether, who was named as the club's Player's player of the year after a season long loan spell from Cologne, who proved to be far more capable presence at right back than Stephen Kelly, who was jettisoned to Reading in January. Dutch goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg has also been signed from AS Roma for an undisclosed fee.

What they need
Considering the club lost someone who is swiftly becoming one of the league's best midfielder's in Mousa Dembele, you can forgive Fulham for struggling to fill the void left by the Belgian last season.  Many of Jol's attempts to restore a formidable midfield presence failed. While Emmanuel Frimpong's loan spell was punctured by injury, the Eyong Enoh project failed to come to fruition and Steve Sidwell failed to capitalise on Dembele's departure and merely fell into the shadows. A priority for Jol this summer must be addressing the lack of a commanding presence in the centre of the park.

Who could join
The Cottagers have been linked with a move former Liverpool wide man Ryan Babel, whose pace and tricky could bring something to Fulham's restricted wide options, although the former Ajax starlet comes with his own reputation for the unexpected.

Who could leave
While Dimitar Berbatov successfully did his job last season in grabbing 15 goals and softening the blow of the loss of Dempsey, the mercurial Bulgarian is likely to attract the attention of clubs from across the continent again this summer with Turkish giants Galatasaray once again linked with a move. Fulham's other forward options, Mladen Petric, Bryan Ruiz and Hugo Rodallega, offered 13 goals between them, suggesting the Cottagers could struggle if they lose the former Manchester United striker.

The arrival of Stekelenburg may also spell the end for veteran stopper Mark Schwarzer who at 40 years old may decide to look elsewhere in order to guarantee regular first team football.

What the manager has said

"We have to pay a lot of money for these players. Of course if you have got players on loan you won't generate a lot of money.

"They go back, you don't get any money for them. We have to be creative again but from the names you named, there is already one on board. But I will talk to the press next weekend and we will confirm everything."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/475454/20130606/fulham-premier-league-dimitar-berbatov-mousa-dembele.htm?

WhiteJC

Fulham partner Saka Water

Fulham has named Saka Natural Mineral Water UK as its 'official water supplier' for the next two seasons.

The deal sees the UK water provider supplying Saka Water for all of the English Premier League club's teams - the Under 21s, Under 18s, winners of the 2012-13 Barclays U18 Premier League, and the Fulham FC Academy - at its Motspur Park Training Ground. The brand will also be used in the hospitality and retail venues at Fulham's home ground, Craven Cottage.

Commenting on the new partnership, Jonathan Gregory, Fulham FC commercial director said: "Fulham FC is delighted to partner with Saka Water for the forthcoming seasons. They are a leading brand in the water industry and it is fantastic that they will be providing water for both the playing staff and the fans here at Fulham. The partnership will, I am sure, be mutually beneficial and we look forward to successful seasons working together."

"It is fantastic for Saka to be associated with such a well respected and long standing football club as Fulham FC," added Saka Water chief executive officer, Nevid Ahmed. "We hope, with the support of Saka, Fulham FC can build upon the success the club has had over previous years. We look forward to supporting everyone involved with this prestigious club, from the players right through to the fans."

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/fulham_partner_saka_water/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sportspromedia-soccer+%28SportsProMedia+-+Soccer%29&utm_medium=feed

WhiteJC

Matej Vydra wants Premier League chance with Arsenal, Tottenham and Fulham interested

WATFORD star Matej Vydra is keen to test himself in the Premier League after his representative admitted he won't be playing in the Championship next season.

Watford hitman Matej Vydra is keen to test himself in the Premier League next season

Top-flight giants Arsenal and Tottenham reportedly watched Vydra during last campaign where he was on-loan at Watford from Udinese, as he scored 22 goals in his first taste of English football.

Fulham are also believed to be interested in the Czech Republic international, and could provide a more fitting step-up for the 21-year-old, who is keen to move up divisions.

"I can't imagine him playing Championship again right now," Vydra's agent Ondrej Chovanec told regional newspaper Evening Standard.

"We discussed it with the boy and he would like to play with the top players on the top level. It's difficult because he was very happy at Watford, but if you get the opportunity to play Premier League or German Bundesliga would you say no?

"He is the number one Czech international striker and he would like to play the same level competition as Petr Cech is doing."

Chovanec's comments suggest Vydra could even be seen in Germany next, while the Pozzo family - who control both Watford and Udinese - want the Championship Player of the Year to be reunited with Gianfranco Zola next season at Vicarage Road.

"They would like him to go back to Watford next season because they want to make the team strong and they want to finish the job," added Chovanec.

"[But] the Pozzo's are always saying if the player wants to leave and the offer is good enough then let's discuss. At the moment he would like to play in the highest league. He had two or three proposals from Premier League clubs in January and he has had fresh proposals."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/405501/Matej-Vydra-wants-Premier-League-chance-with-Arsenal-Tottenham-and-Fulham-interested?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-football-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29

WhiteJC

Berbatov beaten as Fulham fans name defender player of the season

Sascha Riether has been voted Fulham's player of the season by London24 readers ahead of former Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov.

The German was a consistent performer at right-back for the Cottagers during his loan spell from Cologne, earning a permanent transfer at the end of the season.

Riether secured 50 per cent of the vote in our five-way poll, while star striker Berbatov was left behind on 32 per cent.

Departing goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer earned 12 per cent of the votes, while the remaining six per cent was shared between Brede Hangeland and Bryan Ruiz.

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/berbatov_beaten_as_fulham_fans_name_defender_player_of_the_season_1_2225193

WhiteJC

Kasimpasa join race for Fulham target Ryan Babel

Kasimpaşa are close to signing Ryan Babel on a three-year deal according to Dutch football magazine Voetbal International.

Babel will join Kasimpaşa as a free agent if personal terms are agreed.

The 26-year-old winger joined Ajax on a free transfer from 1899 Hoffenheim last season. Babel scored five times and contributed seven assists in 22 games last in 2012-13.

Kasimpaşa finished the 2012-13 Süper Lig season in sixth position and are managed by former Ajax player Shota Arveladze.

Fulham are also reported to be interested in the ex-Liverpool winger.

http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=4708