watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Michael Ballack XI vs World XI

Started by db9, June 05, 2013, 07:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

db9

Anyone watching this now? Berbatov is in the World XI team, some breathtaking skills from him.

farfouille

"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

Zu-Meister

i like how hes still waving his arms

Zu-Meister

Count Berbatov

Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

farfouille

Quote from: Count Berbatov on June 05, 2013, 09:10:59 PM
how did Berba play?

He was a bit wasteful but in a mood for some flicks. Hit the bar from a tight angle in the first half.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

db9

Showed some great stuff in the first 30 mins. Didn't see much of the ball in the second half though. Scored a goal, but it was disallowed for offside.

Zu-Meister

Quote from: Count Berbatov on June 05, 2013, 09:10:59 PM
how did Berba play?
nice skill, didnt watch it all, but the game was played at his pace.....so he was happy.

IranianCottager

Here's a picture of everyone lined up before the match:
http://perspolisnews.com/images/tumb/92/other/other1/kia-balack.jpg

You can see Berbatov around the middle of the top row standing in white in the World XI team.

Also, right under the ref, with his head next to the ball in the white, is Iranian legend Mehdi Mahdavikia. He was invited for the match and played as RB, although he is usually RM. Mehdi has over 200 appearances for Hambur, and also played for VfL Bochum and Eintracht Frankfurt.

He retired from football about two months ago playing for Iran's most popular club, Persepolis. Unfortunately, given it is Iran where professionalism is nearly non-existant, he never got a decent fairwell match despite the fact that he is a LEGEND with over 100 appearances for the national team. Iran will never see a player like him again. If you think Dejagah is good by Iranian standards, which he is, Mahdavidkia was something else in his prime.

I will never forget his goal vs the United States (at age 19) in the 1998 World Cup in France, Iran's first and only win in the World Cup to this date (we have qualified only three times so far). Go to 0:22:
World Cup 1998 | Group F | USA - Iran | 1-2 | Highlights

EJL

Quote from: IranianCottager on June 06, 2013, 01:49:02 AM
Here's a picture of everyone lined up before the match:
http://perspolisnews.com/images/tumb/92/other/other1/kia-balack.jpg
Is that Carsten Jancker next to Didi Hamann? I never thought I'd see his face again.

cmg

I managed to see some of it. Entertaining enough, if you like that sort of thing. Very convivial, with opponents high-fiving each other.
Big crowd in Liepzig, although Ballack wasn't born there (I guess Chemnitz is considered local) nor did he play there, I think.
Game played at walking pace - and we all know who the world's greatest walking pace footballer is.
Seriously though, it shows how highly he is rated around the world.
Drogba still looks the part, but I was delighted to hear that Schurrle is to join Our Friends in the East. Pretty good player, but will have one of the best ever nicknames, surely - "Don't call me....."

db9

They showed great understanding on the pitch yesterday. Berba and Drogba :)