watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Released players

Started by Zu-Meister, June 07, 2013, 01:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mccscratch

Very hard to see Digger, Bairdihno and Schwarzer go, so many memories... Kara was a good signing for us too, full of heart. Good luck at your next club gents.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

nose

I am not sure I understand the schwarzer situation. We let his contract run out when he was still worth money. Doesn't make sense to me. I felt he was the best all round keeper I have seen at fulham in terms of consitency and capability, I prefered him to EVS. But clearly he was not quite as sharp as he was previously so the change isn't an issue but i think stockdale could easilly have done a good job if given the chance so we could have made the change with a financial return 12 months ago.

As for the rest of them, MJ obviously disliked Baird from the start, SD was always injured and getting on diarra and karagounis, I would also let go one is too old the other too injured, Petric was unlucky to have so little time on the pitch at the start of the season and suffered because of berba, the rest i don't know enough about.

We need some forwards and a very high quality central midfielder capable of imposing himself on the game, I hope the manager knows where to find such players.

bucksfulham

Quote from: nose on June 07, 2013, 03:33:37 PM
I am not sure I understand the schwarzer situation. We let his contract run out when he was still worth money. Doesn't make sense to me. I felt he was the best all round keeper I have seen at fulham in terms of consitency and capability, I prefered him to EVS. But clearly he was not quite as sharp as he was previously so the change isn't an issue but i think stockdale could easilly have done a good job if given the chance so we could have made the change with a financial return 12 months ago.

Was it not the case that Schwarzer refused to sign a new contract unless he was guaranteed to play?

Riverside

Is this actually a released list ?

It says those available on free transfer.

Fulham have yet to announce those released .

It could be that some may yet stay ? Current contracts until end June ?

I accept though that the actual released list may look like this list !!

elgreenio

Quote from: Ordar on June 07, 2013, 02:11:12 PM
Donnegan and Smith are surprising. Have they not progressed enough. Granted I have no idea how old they are now, but thought they were close(ish) to the first team

Donegan has a terrible attitude, not surprised one bit.

As above this is just a list of players who are out of contract, not necessarily to be released

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
touch my camera through the fence

Enter the Frei

all these players on the released list can still be resigned by Fulham if we want.

sunburywhite

You can have too much too young. Released from Spurs is John Bostock

Bostock made his league debut on 29 October 2007 at the age of 15 years and 287 days, playing 20 minutes as a substitute in a 2–0 defeat to Watford at Selhurst Park, making him Palace's youngest ever player. He also became the youngest ever Palace player to start a game, aged 15 years and 295 days, on 6 November 2007 against Cardiff City at Ninian Park. He has captained England at Under-17 level.

On 30 May 2008, Tottenham Hotspur announced the signing of Bostock on their club website. Crystal Palace later issued a statement denying reports that an agreement had been reached with Tottenham. Tottenham and Crystal Palace entered negotiations over the transfer fee, but agreement could not be reached, leading to the sum being decided at a tribunal. On 9 July the tribunal declared that Tottenham would pay £700,000 for Bostock, with add-on payments of up to £1.25m dependent on appearances and a further £200,000 should he make his full international debut. A sell-on clause entitles Crystal Palace to 15% of any profit Tottenham makes from any future sale of Bostock's contract. Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan said he was so disgusted with Bostock and his stepfather that he intended to revoke and refund their Selhurst Park season tickets for 2008–09, which the pair had already purchased.

Bostock made his first team debut for Spurs in an 8–0 pre-season win over Spanish side Tavernes, providing the cross for Aaron Lennon's opening goal. On 6 November 2008 he made his competitive match debut in the 2008 UEFA Cup game against Dinamo Zagreb, coming on as a substitute, and becoming the youngest player ever to play for Spurs at 16 years, 295 days, just beating the previous record-holder Ally Dick by six days. Bostock made a further two appearances in the Uefa Cup that season, however his career with Tottenham stalled after that and had to wait until January 2012 for his next appearance, in an FA Cup match against Cheltenham Town.

On 7 June 2013 the Premier League confirmed that he had been released from Tottenham Hotspur.
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

CanadianCottager

Quote from: sunburywhite on June 07, 2013, 04:43:42 PM

Bostock made his league debut on 29 October 2007 at the age of 15 years and 287 days, playing 20 minutes as a substitute in a 2–0 defeat to Watford at Selhurst Park, making him Palace's youngest ever player. He also became the youngest ever Palace player to start a game, aged 15 years and 295 days, on 6 November 2007 against Cardiff City at Ninian Park. He has captained England at Under-17 level.

On 30 May 2008, Tottenham Hotspur announced the signing of Bostock on their club website. Crystal Palace later issued a statement denying reports that an agreement had been reached with Tottenham. Tottenham and Crystal Palace entered negotiations over the transfer fee, but agreement could not be reached, leading to the sum being decided at a tribunal. On 9 July the tribunal declared that Tottenham would pay £700,000 for Bostock, with add-on payments of up to £1.25m dependent on appearances and a further £200,000 should he make his full international debut. A sell-on clause entitles Crystal Palace to 15% of any profit Tottenham makes from any future sale of Bostock's contract. Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan said he was so disgusted with Bostock and his stepfather that he intended to revoke and refund their Selhurst Park season tickets for 2008–09, which the pair had already purchased.

Bostock made his first team debut for Spurs in an 8–0 pre-season win over Spanish side Tavernes, providing the cross for Aaron Lennon's opening goal. On 6 November 2008 he made his competitive match debut in the 2008 UEFA Cup game against Dinamo Zagreb, coming on as a substitute, and becoming the youngest player ever to play for Spurs at 16 years, 295 days, just beating the previous record-holder Ally Dick by six days. Bostock made a further two appearances in the Uefa Cup that season, however his career with Tottenham stalled after that and had to wait until January 2012 for his next appearance, in an FA Cup match against Cheltenham Town.

On 7 June 2013 the Premier League confirmed that he had been released from Tottenham Hotspur.

No surprise here, we had him on loan here in Toronto, kid had every look of someone who had been built up too fast, too young, great skills on the ball, but way too cocky, never got his head up to pass or shoot, just constantly dribbling on his left.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: CanadianCottager on June 07, 2013, 05:03:13 PM

No surprise here, we had him on loan here in Toronto, kid had every look of someone who had been built up too fast, too young, great skills on the ball, but way too cocky, never got his head up to pass or shoot, just constantly dribbling on his left.

Maybe it's a case with England (be it media, fans or coaches) not really knowing how to deal with young, talented players?  There haven't been many flair players over the years, the last potentially great one was Rooney and he had a lot of that drilled out of him.

CanadianCottager

Quote from: God The Mechanic on June 07, 2013, 06:25:45 PM
Quote from: CanadianCottager on June 07, 2013, 05:03:13 PM

Maybe it's a case with England (be it media, fans or coaches) not really knowing how to deal with young, talented players?  There haven't been many flair players over the years, the last potentially great one was Rooney and he had a lot of that drilled out of him.
Could well be the case, I liked the look at him at first, you could tell skill wise he was a class above the majority of MLS players and he had a great impact in his first match but he was easy to figure out and just didn't have enough variety to his game to cut it and TFC decided not to extend his loan. Expected, unfortunate because you could tell that he had serious natural ability that could have been for so much more

Stefano Okaka Chuka

I am really happy I managed to get Bairdinho on the back of my shirt this season, I sort of knew it was to be his last with us and he probably was my favourite player in the near past...Mark Schwarzer and Simon Davies too have been heroes for this football club and maybe deserved a better sending off. Hopefully the club will make an article on the website like the one we had for Karagounis, Emanuelson and Manolev a couple of weeks ago.
Also, Karagounis deserves some serious praise for being able to establish himself as a minor cult hero at the age of 36 in a league he never played before...
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

Count Berbatov

Lots of good players on that list

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Berserker

I'll miss Baird and Mark S
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Shredhead

Quote from: H3Matt on June 07, 2013, 01:40:08 PM
Sad to see Petric go. I thought he gave it his all when he was given the chance/when he was fit. Though there's 3 names on that list that I'm sad to see go. Chris Baird, Simon Davies and Mark Schwarzer. I'd like to thank them all for their services and wish them all the best in the future (except if they come up against us).
And me. Those 3 are Fulham legends and Petric showed promise.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

zschwartz

its a sad to see Baird, Schwarzer and Davies go but surely it is all of their time to do so.

Alex Smith is something of a surprise as he impressed in those 2-3 minutes he was allowed near the first team.

tommy

I'd be surprised if at least 1 or 2 of these where not offered new deals.

JHunter_Fulham4Life

Quote from: H3Matt on June 07, 2013, 01:40:08 PM
Sad to see Petric go. I thought he gave it his all when he was given the chance/when he was fit. Though there's 3 names on that list that I'm sad to see go. Chris Baird, Simon Davies and Mark Schwarzer. I'd like to thank them all for their services and wish them all the best in the future (except if they come up against us).
Agreed. They gave us their best, and I doubt it's the end of the road for them. Palace should sign Davies AND Schwartzer. Speroni will look like Swiss cheese by December if he's their #1.

It should be said there's some names on that list that could be good gap-fillers for us: Alex Pearce, DJ Campbell, Franco Di Santo, Danny Simpson, Eric Lichaj, and I'd rather have Camp or Mucha (or even Ross Turnbull) over Etheridge as our #2. Loan Etheridge to someone in the Championship and let him get some matches.

alfie

Quote from: nose on June 07, 2013, 03:33:37 PM

As for the rest of them, MJ obviously disliked Baird from the start, SD was always injured and getting on diarra and karagounis, I would also let go one is too old the other too injured, Petric was unlucky to have so little time on the pitch at the start of the season and suffered because of berba, the rest i don't know enough about.

We need some forwards and a very high quality central midfielder capable of imposing himself on the game, I hope the manager knows where to find such players.

Why is it obviouse that MJ disliked Baird from the start, Baird had a few personal problems to work through and it had an affect on his football, he never seemed to regain his earlier form, that is why he did not play.

Why is it if someone is not in the squad it is because of a problem with MJ.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't