watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New fixtures

Started by BedsFFC, June 13, 2013, 04:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hongkongfulham

Chelsea away, where we win and begin our stroll to our first premier league title.

Arthur

Quote from: hongkongfulham on June 13, 2013, 11:49:53 PM
Chelsea away, where we win and begin our stroll to our first premier league title.

Ironically, we've more chance of winning the PL than we have of playing Chelsea on the opening day of the season. The PL has a policy of not pitting local rivals against each other first game.

Junichi

Man Utd/Man City at the Cottage would be nice.

BraveDaveFFC

Grandad got it spot on - one of the 3 promoted teams away!! COYW

Northern Cottager

I feel like Everton away may be the perfect time to get 3 points. What about Stoke at home. Hughesy would love that.

Delboy

I think Cardiff will go to Old Trafford first game, and we will go to Hull City, if past seasons are to go by.

Joe McDonald

Quote from: BraveDaveFFC on June 14, 2013, 08:44:26 AM
Grandad got it spot on - one of the 3 promoted teams away!! COYW

I don't want a promoted team first up.  Their players and fans will be so fired up it'll be a really tough fixture.  Look at our past record against newly promoted team early in the season - we lost to Hull not long ago, think Swansea too the other year...

Careful what you wish for!

Burt

Quote from: CurryForMario on June 13, 2013, 11:01:31 PM
Quote from: filham on June 13, 2013, 09:32:11 PM
Hull at home please, I want the security of 3 points on the board as soon as possible.

Yes. Hull at home would be brilliant.

I still haven't got over the last time we played them at the Cottage, when we battered them for 90 minutes without scoring, and in their first meaningful attack in injury time they scored...

glenhodgso

I still haven't got over the last time we played them at the Cottage, when we battered them for 90 minutes without scoring, and in their first meaningful attack in injury time they scored...
[/quote]

Oh no - I had blocked that from my memory until now - An evening game, cold wet night and I still remeber the look on that awful man Phil Brown's face when the team ran to him to celebrate  -  wasn't that also the night when Jimmy Bullard returned (cam on as sub) and the Hammy end gave a somewhat different version of the "Jim Bullard" song - fair play - JB laughed

malcbridger

Arthur

Quote from: Burt on June 14, 2013, 11:56:55 AM
Quote from: CurryForMario on June 13, 2013, 11:01:31 PM
Quote from: filham on June 13, 2013, 09:32:11 PM
Hull at home please, I want the security of 3 points on the board as soon as possible.

Yes. Hull at home would be brilliant.

That game was actually the second-to-last time we played them at the Cottage.

Putney

Norwich at home or Everton away.

would be good to see a decent away contingent at Everton. People are more likely to go as it's the opening game. Norwich for obvious reasons. Avoid a promoted side at all costs.

zschwartz

this is an absurd thread. that said, at liverpool.

Start the season off with Kacaniklic/Berbatov/Dejagah attacking an out of form kolo toure. With the Saurez jilting and Torres being sold to barcelona, let them look out over a lengthy season of home draws to norwich and approach game one already a bit defeated. besides, rodgers will still be busy shuffling his envelopes about and may not even show.

Fulham Tup North

049:gif  Villa Away..... Bent to score the winner!!  You heard it here first my friends   049:gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Matt Inglis

There's only one Emma's burger stand.

Fulham76

Always nice to start the season with 3 points, so ideally, home against one of the bottom 10 teams.

rusty shackleford

Away to Liverpool on GW 2 seems to be all over twitter

rusty shackleford

Which if true would mean a home game on opening day!

Rhys Lightning 63

Yes apparently Liverpool accidentally published their fixtures on their website. Indeed, Saturday 24th August is Liverpool v Fulham, so that does indicate home for the first game
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

jarv

Anyone but one of the promoted teams. Preferably away to a mediocre team (wba, newcastle etc).