more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (14/06/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, June 14, 2013, 04:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham join race for Villa outcast

Fulham are set to go head-to-head with Newcastle in the race for out-of-favour Aston Villa striker Darren Bent, according to reports from The Mirror.

The ex-England international is believed to have no future at Villa Park, with manager Paul Lambert seeing Christian Benteke as his main attacking threat.

With the Belgian banging in the goals, Bent's salary – £70,000-per-week – and benchwarmer status are believed to be an issue for the Midlanders.

As a result, they are keen to sell, which has alerted the Cottagers.

Martin Jol is aware that he must do his summer business on a restricted budget, and believes that he can tempt Villa to accept a cut-price fee for the man they signed from Sunderland.

Bent is said to be willing to take a significant drop in pay in return for regular action, which could suit the Londoners who are keen to provide Dimitar Berbatov with adequate support.

With the 2014 World Cup around the corner, the prolific marksman is said to be keen to get his career back on track, and display the sort of form that will force Roy Hodgson to name him in his squad.

Despite featuring infrequently last term, Bent is still thought of as one of England's top penalty area finishers, and has always averaged a fine goal return wherever he has played.

http://www.footballfancast.com/premiership/fulham/fulham-join-race-for-villa-outcast?

WhiteJC

Seasonal Hospitality

Early Bird prices for Seasonal Matchday Hospitality Packages are available until Friday 14th June, 5pm.

Whether it's a private Executive Suite for you and 10 guests overlooking the hallowed turf, or half-way line seats behind Martin Jol's dugout, we'll be sure to have the Package for you.

Packages begin from £1,595, and you can find out more about Hospitality at Fulham, including the range of our Packages and their corresponding prices, online.

Alternatively, you can get in touch with us directly, by calling one of our designated Hospitality team members on (+44) 020 8336 7555, Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, or by emailing us at [email protected].

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/june/13/seasonal-hospitality?

WhiteJC

Cottage Closed

The Club can inform supporters wishing to visit the stadium on Saturday 15th June that there is a power shutdown at Craven Cottage.

The Stadium Tour scheduled for this Saturday has been cancelled, while the retail store, cafe and ticket office are also closed between the hours of 9am – 5pm.

Anybody wishing to purchase the new adidas Training Kit can buy online or head to the stadium for our Father's Day event on Sunday 16th.

2013/14 Season Tickets are on sale now, prices start from £449 adults and £220 juniors. Buy online today and secure your seat for all 19 Barclays Premier League home games.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/june/13/cottage-closed?

WhiteJC

Fulham and Norwich chasing Braga star

Fulham and Norwich are among a number of clubs chasing Braga left-back Elderson.

According to Portuguese newspaper A Bola, the Nigeria international - full name Elderson Uwa Echiejile - is in demand this summer, and the Premier League pair, both in the market for defensive reinforcements, are understood to be keen.

But it appears that Bundesliga side Stuttgart are currently leading the chase and have opened the bidding with a £2.5m offer.

Braga, however, are hoping the interest from England will drive up the price for the 25-year-old, who is under contract for two more years.

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130613/fulham-and-norwich-chasing-braga-star-199562?#ixzz2W9qCH7uD
Follow us: @talksport on Twitter
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130613/fulham-and-norwich-chasing-braga-star-199562?#C7GLyPYe2xJDs7Lz.99

WhiteJC

Exclusive - David Stockdale insists his future lies at Fulham despite interest from West Ham and Hull

David Stockdale claims his future lies at Fulham – despite interest from Hull and West Ham.

The Cottagers shot-stopper has spent the last season-and-a-half on loan at the Tigers and has been linked with a permanent switch to the KC Stadium.

Martin Jol's side have signed Roma goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg, as a probable replacement for Mark Schwarzer, and the Dutchman is expected to be installed as the south west London club's No.1 next season.

That leaves Stockdale as the likely number two, heightening speculation the 27-year-old could leave Craven Cottage this summer.

But the former Darlington goalkeeper insists he is happy to stay and fight for his place.

"I've been trying to get back fit and getting ready for Fulham's next campaign," he told Hawksbee and Jacobs. "I'm a Fulham player. This is the first year I'm not worried about my future because there's not much going on.

"I'm just going to relax and enjoy my holiday, keep fit and [prepare for] another chapter at Fulham."

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130613/exclusive-david-stockdale-insists-his-future-lies-fulham-des?#ixzz2W9qWMfGm
Follow us: @talksport on Twitter
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130613/exclusive-david-stockdale-insists-his-future-lies-fulham-des?#cXuvXxULpaZzAX54.99

WhiteJC

Bremen Friendly Announcement

The Club can confirm the following First Team friendly fixture ahead of the 2013/14 campaign:

Werder Bremen v Fulham FC

Fulham FC's First Team will play Werder Bremen in a pre-season friendly at the Weser-Stadion on Sunday 28th July (kick-off 3pm CEST).

Keep an eye on fulhamfc.com for details of further pre-season friendlies which will be published as soon as they are confirmed.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/june/13/bremen-friendly?

WhiteJC

Which of the Six?

At the start of the month, Fulham Football Club announced that they`d released six players.

These six players, all part of the first team squad, were out of contract and were told they were free to find another club.

The six, as you probably know, were;-

• Schwarzer
• Baird
• Petric
• Davies
• Diarra
• Karagounis

Now we`ve a simple question for you, which of the six do you believe was the unluckiest to not be given a new deal?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=321733#ixzz2W9r7TFa1

WhiteJC

FIFA U-20 World Cup: Player Preview - Kerim Frei

Stamford Bridge has been home to Chelsea for over a century; during which time the Blues faithful have experienced everything from relegation battles to winning Premier League titles and a young player called Frei. In case you're wondering what Swiss legend Alexander Frei has to do with this; well that would be the wrong Frei, the namesake in question is Kerim Frei. Chelsea faced Fulham in the 2011 Carling Cup fourth-round and despite winning on penalties, young Kerim made such an impression that his manager Martin Jol said: "Frei was one of the best on the pitch."

The 2011 Carling Cup will probably have been totally forgotten by most Chelsea fans but Kerim - who was just 17 at the time - was awarded Man of the Match and turned the likes of John Terry and Ashley Cole inside out.

The Cottagers rising star was born in Feldkirch, Austria but raised in Switzerland by his Turkish father and Moroccan mother. Kerim was first spotted by Swiss side Grasshoppers aged 13 and was snapped up by Fulham just three years later. After rising through the youth ranks the Fulham starlet was given his Premier League debut on 10 December 2011, in an away match against Swansea City aged just 18. Kerim went onto make 36 appearances for the Cottagers that season. The tricky young winger is not the most physical player but makes up for it with his individual skills, ability to take on defenders in one-on-one situations as well as his speed and acceleration.

The following season didn't go as smoothly, a short loan spell at Cardiff City to gain more experience was followed by injuries. Kerim still made 11 appearances but failed to make the same kind of impact.

The 19-year-old winger could have represented any one of Turkey, Morocco, Switzerland and Austria at international level. In fact he played for Switzerland from U15-U21 level but later switched allegiances to Turkey who promoted him straight into the senior national team.

Turkey has Kerim's parents and the Istanbul district of Bayrampaşa to thank for the national team switch. In a recent interview Kerim said, "My father was born in Bayrampaşa [Istanbul], he migrated to Switzerland due to economic hardships but would always take me to Istanbul for Bayram [Eid] holidays and festivals, Bayrampaşa has always had a special place in my heart.

"My father who is Turkish and my mother who is Moroccan advised me to play for the Turkish national team despite having represented Switzerland at U-19 level."

Kerim was called up for his first international on 15 August 2012 against Austria and made his first Turkish national team appearance against Denmark in November 2012. The Turkish international came on in the 65th minute and made his mark instantly, dazzling spectators and Danish defenders alike with his mazey dribbles and silky skills. Since then he's been called up to the national team regularly and totally skipped the youth national sides.

Despite leaping into the senior team Kerim accepted U20 Turkish national team coach Feyyaz Uçar's invitation to the U20 World Cup. The inclusion of Kerim in the squad is undoubtedly a huge boost and adds strength to the Turkish teams attacking options. There is no doubting Kerim's potential, he has the ability and talent to become one of the tournaments stars and is a name we could be hearing a lot more of over the next few seasons.

http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=4739

WhiteJC

Nigerian ace in Cottage link

Fulham have reportedly joined Norwich in the chase to sign unsettled Sporting Braga left-back Elderson Echiejile this summer.

Norwich are understood to hold a long-standing interest in the 25-year-old Nigeria international defender, with some reports linking him to Carrow Road surfacing last summer. However as Canaries boss Chris Hughton secured a deal for Spanish left-back Javier Garrido, who is settled in Norfolk, a move for Elderson does not seem to be a priority. Therefore Cottagers' boss Martin Jol, who is looking for defensive reinforcements, has been linked with a swoop by Portuguese newspaper A Bola. The problem facing the Londoners is that German Bundesliga outfit Stuttgart are also interested and have reportedly made a £2.5million bid for Eldersaon, who still has two years left on his current deal in Portugal.

Read more at: http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/nigerian-ace-in-cottage-link-1599316.html?

WhiteJC

Jol to enter Villa striker chase

Fulham are reportedly poised to join the race to sign out-of-favour Aston Villa striker Darren Bent.

Villa splashed out a reported £24million to sign the England international striker from Sunderland back in 2011 but are now ready to cut their losses and let him leave for a fraction of the price, with £6million being mooted as their valuation. Crystal Palace have been heavily linked since winning promotion to the Premier League, while reports on Wednesday suggested that Newcastle have entered the running as Alan Pardew looks to sign at least one new striker following Demba Ba's departure to Chelsea in January. However, Bent might not fancy a move back to the north-east where he plied his trade for Newcastle's deadly rivals Sunderland. That would leave Palace in the running to try and lure Bent back to London, but Cottagers boss Martin Jol has now also been linked as he attempts to find a strike partner for Dimitar Berbatov next season. The Cottagers would not be able to match Bent's £70,000-a-week wages at Villa Park but the offer of regular first-team football in the build up to next summer's World Cup in Brazil might be enough to persuade the former Charlton and Tottenham man to take a pay cut and return to the Capital.

Read more at: http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/jol-to-enter-villa-striker-chase-1599317.html?

WhiteJC

David Stockdale to fight for his place at Fulham

DAVID STOCKDALE wants to fight for his place at Fulham following the arrival of Maarten Stekelenburg

David Stockdale is keen to fight for his place

The keeper said: "Hopefully there is another chapter at Fulham."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/407364/David-Stockdale-to-fight-for-his-place-at-Fulham?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-football-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Football+Feed%29

WhiteJC

Real Betis Tickets On Sale

Join us at the Cottage for the visit of Real Betis on Monday 5th August (8pm).

Match tickets are now on sale from just £10 adults and £5 juniors. Buy online today at fulhamfc.com/tickets. A Family Package (2 adults and 2 juniors) can be purchased for this game just £20 - saving up to £10.

Hospitality Packages are also on sale for this game from just £30 (+VAT) or from £50 (+VAT) when purchasing both the Real Betis and Parma fixture at the same time. Find out more here.

Inside the Opposition

One of the oldest clubs in Spain, Real Betis Balompié, S.A.D. finished the 2012/13 season in seventh place and impressed with their attacking football under Pepe Mel.
The club became the first Andalusian team to play in La Liga in 1932 and were also the first club in Spanish football to be given the Real prefix (by King Alfonso XIII in 1914). Now, continuing their royal roots, they are the chosen team of the current King of Spain - Juan Carlos I - who is an honorary member.

Betis enjoyed success in their early years and are one of the handful of teams to have broken up the domination of Real Madrid and Barcelona, as they won La Liga in 1935. Since then, they have enjoyed top flight football in 48 of the 82 years since its inception in Spain and also found success in the Copa del Rey in 1977 and 2005.

A golden age for the club, financially at least, came in 1998 when they broke the world transfer record to sign Brazilian winger Denílson de Oliveira Araújo for a fee of £21.5 million. Now, under Mel's leadership, the club have been back in the top flight for two seasons and will look to improve their seventh place standing next season which saw them gain a UEFA Europa League Qualifying place.

Players to Watch: Beñat Etxebarria, Rubén Castro, Casto Espinosa Barriga

Famous former players: Denílson de Oliveira Araújo, Luis Aragonés, Joaquín Sánchez

Famous former managers: Javier Clemente, Guus Hiddink, Juande Ramos

Pre-season Fixtures Ticket Bundle

Supporters can purchase a ticket to this match as well as our fixture against Parma on Saturday 10th August (3pm) for just £15!

Family Packages for both games are priced at £30. These special offers are not available online, please call the Ticket office on 0843 208 1234.

Supporters who have already purchased a Fulham v Parma ticket and would like to upgrade to a ticket bundle are advised to call the Ticket Office.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/june/14/real-betis-tickets?

WhiteJC

Mark Schwarzer biding time over life after Fulham

Outgoing Fulham goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer has revealed he has offers from several clubs, but will not make a decision about his future until after Australia's match with Iraq next week.

The 40-year-old recently confirmed his intention to leave Fulham after they signed Maarten Stekelenburg from Roma.

Schwarzer is keen to continue playing first-team football ahead of next summer's World Cup, but will wait until after the crucial game against Iraq next Tuesday to discuss his options, with an Australia win guaranteeing them a place in Brazil.

"There's been quite a few enquiries and one or two offers. I can't do anything until I get back until post-game in Sydney against Iraq,'' Schwarzer said.

"There's no reason to make any decisions about my future until post Socceroos commitments and by then I think things will be clearer in a lot of ways.

"Then I can sit down and potentially make a decision. There's no rush, it's an important decision to make, in particular if we qualify for Brazil.

"It's a huge decision to make because, playing and being ready and hopefully being up for selection at the World Cup.''

Schwarzer has made 170 appearances over the past five years at Fulham and was offered a contract extension at Craven Cottage but was not prepared to act as understudy to Dutch international Stekelenburg.

The Australian keeper has also played for Bradford City and Middlesbrough, having been in England since 1996.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/mark-schwarzer-biding-time-over-life-after-fulham-8658582.html

WhiteJC

Fulham goalkeeper David Stockdale preparing for Cottagers return

David Stockdale: Says he is focused on playing for Fulham next season

Fulham goalkeeper David Stockdale says he is focusing on starting the new season at Craven Cottage, regardless of the uncertainty surrounding his future.

The 27-year-old spent most of the last campaign on loan at Hull City, where he helped the Tigers to seal a Premier League return, and he has been linked with a permanent switch to Steve Bruce's side.

The arrival of Maarten Stekelenburg means that Stockdale will face increased competition for the number one shirt at Fulham, but he insists he is preparing for a return to the London club.

"I've been trying to get back fit and getting ready for Fulham's next campaign," he told talkSPORT.

"I'm a Fulham player.

"This is the first year I'm not worried about my future because there's not much going on.

"I'm just going to relax and enjoy my holiday, keep fit and prepare for another chapter at Fulham."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8776153/?

WhiteJC

Lone wolf Bent not the answer

Rumours abound that Fulham are interested in signing Aston Villa's Darren Bent; there is nothing new in this. Ever since Bent fell out of favour with Paul Lambert early last season, he has been linked with a move to Craven Cottage. However, with Villa now apparently keen to shift the England striker, how likely is a deal and would the player fit seamlessly into Martin Jol's side?

At 29, Bent should be in the prime of his career. He has moved around a bit (Villa are his fifth club) yet he has scored goals on a regular basis since arriving permanently in the Premier League in 2005, since then he has scored 123 goals in 285 games, in all club competitions. However, his honeymoon at every club has been relatively short-lived; while he guarantees goals to the tune of (on the basis of his historic Premier League stats) 15 goals a season if he stays fit, he has a limiting effect on the teams in which he plays.

Countless managers have tried to play him in a front two; to a man they have failed. While direct, with a bit of pace and strong in the air, these attributes are diminished by his total inability to form a strike partnership. Now, is this down to a lack of 'football intelligence' (I hate that term) or selfishness? I'd argue a bit of both. Regardless, it is for these reasons that a 'top four' side has never taken a risk on him.

There is also the cost of such a deal to think about; he will be well paid at Villa (another reason why they would be happy to see the back of him) and I'd be uneasy if Mohamed Al-Fayed broke the bank to bring in another ageing striker. I also doubt that Villa would be willing to part with him for less than £7 million (he cost £18 million when Villa bought him two and a half years ago).

Furthermore, how would he fit into Martin Jol's system? Not very well. Jol has built a creative and counter-attacking side.

While we struggled at times last season with a lack of pace, the team is at its most fluid when the front four are interchangeable. However, there were also times last year that we lacked a central attacking figure. A new forward is a must, but we need someone who can play across the front line, not simply as a lone wolf. Is Bent capable of playing as an unselfish foil for Dimitar Berbatov and the two wide men, is he capable of running the channels and opening space for others? History would suggest not.

After Mousa Dembele, who did we miss most last season? I'd argue against shouts of 'Clint Dempsey'; it was Andy Johnson. He provided the kind of pace, running, hard work, creativity and occasional goals that this team desperately needs. We don't need a goal-poacher, we don't need Bent; we need dynamism and graft. We need another Andy Johnson.

Read more: http://pickourteam.com/premierleague/fulham/news/14-06-2013/lone-wolf-bent-not-the-answer/834466?#ixzz2WCPpBehV

WhiteJC

Fulham set for summer of change at the Cottage

FULHAM look set for a summer of change at Craven Cottage.

The Whites have shown the door to no fewer than 12 players in their released list as manager Martin Jol looks to freshen things up.

A disappointing end to the season, in which the west London side lost six of their last eight games, will surely have had a bearing on the Dutchman's decisions.

Injury-prone duo Mahamadou Diarra and Simon Davies have not been offered new deals and Australian international Mark Schwarzer will not be between the sticks next season after turning down a new deal.

Jol has moved quickly to replace him with AS Roma's experienced keeper Maarten Stekelenburg, who has signed a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee. He previously played under Jol at Ajax.

Veteran midfielder Georgios Karagkounis is being allowed to leave the Cottage, with new signing Derek Boateng offering an alternative option to the Greek star. Chris Baird is out of contract, with no new deal agreed, and appears to be heading to Premier League rivals West Brom as a replacement for Steven Reid.

Right back Sascha Riether has made his loan deal permanent and new Venezuelan centre back Fernando Amorebieta will add depth in defence.

Croatian striker Mladen Petric (pictured) will also leave after just one season in the Premier League after failing to make an impression.

Thomas Donegan, Corey Gameiro, James Musa, Richard Peniket, Alex Smith and Csaba Somogyi complete the released list.

Read more: Fulham Chronicle http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2013/06/14/82029-33470148/?#ixzz2WCQV22y5

WhiteJC

Left-Back Tracked

It has been a quiet week but slowly but surely matters, relating to speculation, are picking up.

The latest inference doing the gossip rounds is that Fulham are looking at bringing a left-back to Craven Cottage.

The player, supposedly, on Martin Jol`s radar is that of the Braga left-back, Elderson with a fee of £2.5 million being mentioned.

Could this be a rumour to keep an eye on, I guess only time will tell.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=321797#ixzz2WCQoFJXl

WhiteJC

Besiktas make enquiry for Fulham winger Kerim Frei

Beşiktaş have made an enquiry for Fulham winger Kerim Frei. The Black Eagles are interested in a permanent move or a loan deal with a future buyout option.

Fulham are yet to respond however, the Cottagers have been reluctant to let go of their 19-year-old prospect.

Kerim was born in Feldkirch, Austria but raised in Switzerland by his Turkish father and Moroccan mother. Kerim was first spotted by Swiss side Grasshoppers aged 13 and was snapped up by Fulham just three years later.

After rising through the youth ranks the Fulham starlet was given his Premier League debut on 10 December 2011, in an away match against Swansea City aged just 18. Kerim went onto make 36 appearances for the Cottagers that season.

The tricky young winger is not the most physical player but makes up for it with his individual skills, ability to take on defenders in one-on-one situations as well as his speed and acceleration.

Galatasaray have also been interested in Kerim and have been scouting the Turkish international winger over the past two seasons.

Beşiktaş have introduced a new policy under recently appointed club president Fikret Orman to play young players in the first team.

Former Arsenal youth Oğuzhan Özyakup played regularly last season and the Eagles signed former Chelsea academy player Gökhan Töre on loan earlier this week.

Kerim's contract with Fulham runs until 2015, the young prospect is currently valued in the region of €3 million.

http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=4746

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 14, 2013, 04:33:02 AM

Which of the Six?

At the start of the month, Fulham Football Club announced that they`d released six players.

These six players, all part of the first team squad, were out of contract and were told they were free to find another club.

The six, as you probably know, were;-

• Schwarzer
• Baird
• Petric
• Davies
• Diarra
• Karagounis

Now we`ve a simple question for you, which of the six do you believe was the unluckiest to not be given a new deal?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=321733#ixzz2W9r7TFa1

None of the above.
They have all had good careers to one degree or another, they have all seen better days and have little more to offer a club in Fulham's position.
Thank you to all, but its time they all moved on.

ScalleysDad

To the question raised on how Bent would fit into the Jol system ................

There is a system? I must pay more attention.