News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We need 6 new first team players - who are they?

Started by The Rock, June 19, 2013, 12:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enter the Frei

Altidore is not the sort of striker we need IMO.

EJL

Quote from: Texas White on June 19, 2013, 06:01:18 PM
Quote from: mccscratch on June 19, 2013, 05:50:03 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on June 19, 2013, 05:45:25 PM
No yanks! Please no yanks. I enjoy Fulham and don't need another round of xenophobia.

YJ... understand the xenophobia comment but do you not think that the current in form Altidore could really get us going this season? He is a Zamora body with more skill and better shooting/finishing ability.

Stop thinking about your enjoyment of Fulham on the messageboards and think of the enjoyment of the team on the pitch...

I just dont think he is good enough and he flopped once in the UK. I think we are better off trying someone new, there are better young players out there.
I'm not completely convinced either, but surely you can't use his stint at Hull as a precedent. He was 19 years old when he signed and plunged into a relegation battle during his first full season in European football. His best service - funnily enough, Jimmy Bullard - was out of most of the season.

YankeeJim

No yanks! Please no yanks. I enjoy Fulham and don't need another round of xenophobia.

YJ... understand the xenophobia comment but do you not think that the current in form Altidore could really get us going this season? He is a Zamora body with more skill and better shooting/finishing ability.

Stop thinking about your enjoyment of Fulham on the messageboards and think of the enjoyment of the team on the pitch...

Could Jozy be the answer? Sure could. However, just read what already has been written:
"I just dont think he is good enough and he flopped once in the UK. I think we are better off trying someone new, there are better young players out there."
"Altidore is not the sort of striker we need IMO"

Do you honestly believe the young man would get some bed in time? If he didn't bag a brace in his first outing he'd be slated hard.

Besides, he isn't a great hold up player and his pace, while good, is not exceptional. He is not the second coming of an Everton Rooney and as such wouldn't be given a proper chance by some.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

mccscratch

Quote from: YankeeJim on June 19, 2013, 06:52:57 PM

Could Jozy be the answer? Sure could. However, just read what already has been written:
"I just dont think he is good enough and he flopped once in the UK. I think we are better off trying someone new, there are better young players out there."

Do you honestly believe the young man would get some bed in time? If he didn't bag a brace in his first outing he'd be slated hard.

Besides, he isn't a great hold up player and his pace, while good, is not exceptional. He is not the second coming of an Everton Rooney and as such wouldn't be given a proper chance by some.

I think his hold up play is one of the things that has helped him mature... he received the ball with his back to goal more this season than any other for AZ. He has learned to combine with others as well... For the 6-7 million asking price we could do a lot worse..
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: mccscratch on June 19, 2013, 07:20:07 PM

I think his hold up play is one of the things that has helped him mature... he received the ball with his back to goal more this season than any other for AZ. He has learned to combine with others as well... For the 6-7 million asking price we could do a lot worse..

Where'd you get that bit of information? AZ would be silly to sell him for that IMO.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

mccscratch

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 19, 2013, 08:09:34 PM
Quote from: mccscratch on June 19, 2013, 07:20:07 PM

Where'd you get that bit of information? AZ would be silly to sell him for that IMO.

anywhere from 4-10 million Euro has been the ranges thrown around regarding him... I think it is a bit higher so 7 million GBP seems about right. He was bought by AZ Alkmaar from Villareal for 1.3 million GBP as Villareal were in dire need of cash.

And sorry, you are correct, I should not have said asking price because AZ has not provided one per Ernie Stewart. I should have said speculated valuation.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Forever Fulham

Xenophobic?  Certainly not Fulham.  It's a U.N. meeting of players.  There are probably more Dutch players than English players now.   But I know what you mean--such disdain and diminishment only applies if the player is American, right?  Sigh.  Odd coming from fans whose nation finished lower than the U.S. in the final standing of the last World Cup.  With last night's win over Honduras (gorgeous one touch passing!), the USMNT sits alone at the top of its bracket.  Above Mexico.  Above Honduras, Costa Rica, Panama, Canada, and all of the little Caribbean island walk-over countries.  (Not sure if Jamaica qualifies as a walk-over opponent though.)  Beat a quality German squad.  Has beaten Spain, Italy, and other traditional powerhouse national teams. Seems to be pulling it together under Klinsmann (of whom I still have grave reservations).  If the English U21 team is any indication of the future quality of English players, things are not looking up.  Their performance has been abysmal.  True, most of the better U.S. MNT players are the product of foreign club development and play.  But not all of them.  This reluctance by some U.S.-based fans to want another U.S. player on the roster must get down to the kerfuffle over Dempsey.  Because English fans don't feel the same way about McBride.  The Dempsey hate divide will likely live on forever.  Like Israelis and Palestinians.  It just goes on and on.  Of course if we took Michael Bradley we'd be a much improved team.  Or Fabian Johnson, or Donovan, or Guzan, or at least 5 other quality players.  We'd just have to tell them upfront that if and when they ever plan to leave Fulham, they should orchestrate the move with a P.R. firm so as not to have their legacy and image wiped clean and rewritten.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Admin on June 19, 2013, 02:24:22 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 19, 2013, 11:07:42 AM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on June 19, 2013, 07:55:22 AM
Quote from: Admin on June 19, 2013, 12:39:22 AM
We have money don't panic, but we will only be spending it on the right players.

We have just had an 8 million quid bid turned down for McCarthy and also an 8 million quid bid for Vydra.

What does that tell you?
We need a new negotiator?
lol

Obviously half term once again.
Ah the old humour bypass!
Twas a joke seeing as everyone one on here seems so distressed with rumour after rumour!

Another joke is how many people suggest that 'THEY' would accept this and that for certain players - Tis Mo's/Clubs money!!!! they will decide what is or isn't acceptable!Â