News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged Threads - Riether: Will He Stay or Go??

Started by sussexwhite, June 18, 2013, 10:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcbulgaria

Article claims Riether just signed 2-year contract at Fulham and we paid 1.4million EURO for him. Also continues in the same paragraph that if we (Fulham) put the asking price too high, there won't be any deal.

I doubt after filling some holes in the squad and with many still to fill, that we're going to sell our best right back for the last 10 years just so that we can get some money and  as a result try someone else that might not really work out too well. Would be an extremely terrible decision and the worst made by the club in recent history.

RidgeRider

just a lot of re-tweets and even the articles that suggest it say valuations are far apart and it is a long shot. What a waste of time.

JackyFulham90

Don't believe everything you hear on twitter, it really is thr silly season

sipwell

I read the words "soll" ("can") and "Möglich" (possible). He is also seen as an 'alternative' to another player (already with the club). No, Germans have a lot of fantasy!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Jamie88

I'm going to copy what I said in the similar post yesterday, I'm pretty sure there has been no official news item from Fulham that has confirmed Riether has actually signed for us on a permanent basis yet.

fulhamfever

Jamie88

bobbo

Why dont the club tell us we (who are actually the club as such) are like all other clubs keep fans in the dark
and of course rumours are abound.But having been a supporter and season ticket holder for more than
55 years its what I've come to expect.Throughout time we've sold our best players.Get used to it , it will
continue through time
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Holders

Riether soll eine Alternative zu Uchida sein
Weil der 30-Jährige bei dem Londoner Klub zum Leistungsträger avancierte und von den Fans sogar zum ,,Spieler der Saison" gewählt wurde, zog Fulham für 1,4 Millionen Euro die Kaufoption und stattete Riether mit einem Zwei-Jahres-Vertrag aus. Dennoch scheint ein Wechsel möglich, wobei die Engländer bisher eine Summe aufrufen, bei der Heldt erst einmal droht: ,,Wenn die Forderung zu hoch ist, kommt das nicht zustande."

"Riether should be an alternative to Uchida" It's just someone's wishlist - like we sometimes speculate about players who aren't available or for whom the price is too high. "If a transfer were possible whereby Fulham gave a price then if the price is too high the situation doesn't arise" (loose translation).

And why would we want to sell him?

Pretty obvious really, clearly Germany has a silly season as well!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

brightster

Why would he want to leave after saying how well he has settled in Lomdon, he loves the club, getting first team football to go and sit on the bench as cover!
As a few people have said it is just a wish list and the press stirring thinks up!

FFC1987

I've had this argument with a good chap on twitter regarding this transfer who claimed that ALL german press do huge research before posting 'facts' and that they are rarely wrong. People on twitter find a small caption like this and run away with it trying to foresee events and get lost in there own fabricated story. Yes, they have shown interest, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of teams did but unless we get a ridiculous offer that we can't possibly turn down, or if he has some serious personal issues with playing the england, I can't see anything happening. If it does and we get very good profit, I can understand it but unless the margin is is significant, I don't see what FFC or Reither get from this deal.

Holders

"Riether should be an alternative to Uchida". So, if they don't get Uchida, then someone thinks they should enquire about Riether.

Nothing unfactual about that but it's a very long way from "Riether's off".
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

cmg

Yes, it's disgraceful the way we are kept in the dark.

The club should, every day at 00.01, issue a list headed:"The following players are expected to still be with the club tomorrow morning."

Also a further list headed: "We are interested in signing the following players and are prepared to pay the sum indicated for each."

And another one headed:"We think the following players are a waste of space and are prepared to accept any money just to get shot of them".

That's what PR is all about.

FFC1987

Quote from: cmg on June 19, 2013, 09:03:05 AM

The club should, every day at 00.01, issue a list headed:"The following players are expected to still be with the club tomorrow morning."

Also a further list headed: "We are interested in signing the following players and are prepared to pay the sum indicated for each."

And another one headed:"We think the following players are a waste of space and are prepared to accept any money just to get shot of them".

You should apply.

cmg

Quote from: FFC1987 on June 19, 2013, 09:13:52 AM
Quote from: cmg on June 19, 2013, 09:03:05 AM

You should apply.

I once thought I had a promising career in this area. Unfortunately I was found to be allergic to bullsh*t.

Joe McDonald

Quote from: Admin on June 19, 2013, 12:12:49 AM
It's absolute rubbish. We won't be selling a player we've just signed on a permanent contract for 2 million.   

Exactly.  We're not that type of club.  This such a non-story that I don't understand why there is so much outrage.  It's clearly rubbish.

Peabody

And now it starts again.

We have few weeks of positive news and now we are reverting to type. Lets see how  we can be negative about our team. I suppose it can only get worse.

Sheepskin Junior

Quote from: Jamie88 on June 19, 2013, 07:13:56 AM
I'm going to copy what I said in the similar post yesterday, I'm pretty sure there has been no official news item from Fulham that has confirmed Riether has actually signed for us on a permanent basis yet.
Jamie has a point. He hasn't officially become a Fulham player. That leads me to believe that any club can still go for him. It might be that he has already signed, but under PL rules, he won't be unveiled until 1st July. So in theory, anyone can say anything about any club for him until we are 100% certain that his wages are payed by Fulham.
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

Stefano Okaka Chuka

By the way the club HAS informed us that we have Sascha in our ranks. Jol said it in countless interviews and I am pretty sure the site ran a story about it, so shut it with this nonsense please.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

FFCByTheRiver

Quote from: Peabody on June 19, 2013, 10:02:48 AM
And now it starts again.

We have few weeks of positive news and now we are reverting to type. Lets see how  we can be negative about our team. I suppose it can only get worse.

Basically right. The few who were unhappy that everyone was so happy with the club have come crawling back out due to some maybe maybe rumour that has very little basis and probably won't happen.