News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged Threads - Riether: Will He Stay or Go??

Started by sussexwhite, June 18, 2013, 10:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sussexwhite

An intriguing line from Germany where kicker-Sportmagazin claims Schalke have been offered Fulham defender Sascha Riether. The right-back spent last season on loan at Fulham before Cologne confirmed last month that he had moved to Craven Cottage on a permanent basis. The report claims Schalke are keen to sign Riether as competition for Japan international Atsuto Uchida.

From Sky sports. (Sh*t stirring, or something in it ?) 090.gif

Also I just read this................crystal palace set move for kieran richardson.

From Fulham rumours.

valdeingruo

Offered is a heck of a different word than Schalke have inquired...
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

sussexwhite

Quote from: andersons11 on June 18, 2013, 10:50:43 AM
Offered is a heck of a different word than Schalke have inquired...
True...

Lighthouse

Whatever the truth or otherwise of this the real problem is we don't have any cover at right back. So we would need a replacement pretty smartish. Let's hope it comes to nothing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

Firslty the magazine "claims" Schalke to have been offered, that doesn't mean they have been offered him by Fulham, I note they dont state their source of the information either. Secondly could his agent be thinking he could get a better deal now he has had a great season at fulham? remember no one else could buy him before we either took up the option or gave up the option as we had first refusal.

Agents are always trying to find deals for players that doesn't mean Fulham have offered him to anyone. Personally I reckon this is an agents doing.
Every day is a Fulham day

Whiteroom

This seems like the most ridiculous rumour. We have JUST signed him. He was arguably player of the season. He was a bargain. We don't have cover in the position. I wouldn't want to sell him for anything less than 3 times what we payed. We need him.

westcliff white

white room so you would take 3.6 million 9rumoured fee was 1.2 million i believe), if we were to sell i would be looking for double that amount

Classic94

Quote from: Whiteroom on June 18, 2013, 11:04:50 AM
This seems like the most ridiculous rumour. We have JUST signed him. He was arguably player of the season. He was a bargain. We don't have cover in the position. I wouldn't want to sell him for anything less than 3 times what we payed. We need him.

My thoughts exactly.

Whiteroom

Quote from: westcliff white on June 18, 2013, 11:06:44 AM
white room so you would take 3.6 million 9rumoured fee was 1.2 million i believe), if we were to sell i would be looking for double that amount
I thought we payed 2 mil. I would be unhappy with less that 6 for him.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Whiteroom on June 18, 2013, 11:21:59 AM

And, as I said in the other thread about this, why would Riether want to go to be an understudy?

JackyFulham90

This is nothing but paper talk, he has signed here he will stay here, Corr the press get bored in the summer

EJL

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 18, 2013, 11:27:37 AM

And, as I said in the other thread about this, why would Riether want to go to be an understudy?
- Champions League football
- More money
- Playing in his home country
- Higher chance of getting selected for the World Cup squad (albeit as an understudy to Lahm/Boateng)

I don't think he'll leave, but it's a bit silly to brush this aside so easily. Kicker tend to be a reliable source.

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on June 18, 2013, 11:28:24 AM
This is nothing but paper talk, he has signed here he will stay here, Corr the press get bored in the summer

I suppose they could do some analysis of a club's strengths and weaknesses, look at the market and make some recommendations of possible targets. But that would require sitting down and thinking, a detailed knowledge of the game and being up-to-date with a wide range of players including lower division and overseas.

But hey! Why do that when you can just latch on to a wacky rumour on twitter, polish it up with a few nice phrases and press send. Then work doesn't impinge too much on your drinking time.

Quote from: EJL on June 18, 2013, 11:36:36 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 18, 2013, 11:27:37 AM

- Champions League football
- More money
- Playing in his home country
- Higher chance of getting selected for the World Cup squad (albeit as an understudy to Lahm/Boateng)

I don't think he'll leave, but it's a bit silly to brush this aside so easily. Kicker tend to be a reliable source.

All true. I really don't know anything about German football so cannot judge for myself. I was just going on the articles. The other one said `understudy'. This at least says `competition'.

HillingdonFFC

Is it just me but surely this has to be total bollox?. We've just signed him, he was our best player last season and he was on loan from a German second division club. Surely if Schalke wanted him they would have sounded him out before he put pen to paper with us?. Wouldn't take less than 3-4 million for him, are they going to splash the cash for a 30 year old back up player?.

westcliff white

white room apologies it was 2 million but 2 million euros so around 1.7 million pounds i guess

Whiteroom

Quote from: westcliff white on June 18, 2013, 12:18:55 PM
white room apologies it was 2 million but 2 million euros so around 1.7 million pounds i guess
:54: And what a 1.7!

St Eve

Richardson to Palace is good news though

Jamie88

Have we actually signed him though? I don't recall seeing anything official on the club website?

..Kya.ffc..

Quote from: St Eve on June 18, 2013, 12:59:18 PM
Richardson to Palace is good news though
Yes that would be good if them Money we get will go to a replacement.

Quote from: Jamie88 on June 18, 2013, 01:09:28 PM
Have we actually signed him though? I don't recall seeing anything official on the club website?
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/july/06/fulham-sign-riether
Beers may have been involved in this post.