watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

SUNDERLAND AWAY - Full list of fixtures included

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, June 19, 2013, 09:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Think its quite a balanced list for once and I look at the run in and don't think 'christ I hope we have 40pts with 5 games to go'

Burt

Gozorich

Quote from: Berserker on June 19, 2013, 12:00:27 PM
Driving to Edinburgh on the Friday before the Sunderland match. I'm going to try to persuade Mr B to stop of at Sunderland overnight so that I can go to the game on the Saturday.  Fingers crossed he will say yes

You have to ask? I don't believe it!

Berserker

Yes, he'll be driving and we usually M5, M6, M74, so divertion to route is needed. He's agreed though so we'll stop in a cheap travel Friday night, then go to the match Saturday, then after match on up to Edinburgh
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Berserker on June 19, 2013, 09:12:32 PM
Yes, he'll be driving and we usually M5, M6, M74, so divertion to route is needed. He's agreed though so we'll stop in a cheap travel Friday night, then go to the match Saturday, then after match on up to Edinburgh

We are pondering doing all or some of 'the wall' and end up at the game. Bit tricky with transport and stuff what with the Bank Holiday but the current Mrs Short is off that week and is sort of keen. It won't be long before the conversation turns to downsizing, (the kids might have actually gone this time), booking a holiday and wallpaper. I rather fancy doing the wall, pubs and the occasional hill fort two weeks later, finishing at Newcastle and flying home ................. on my own. Come on Sky I need you now. If I find an arrow head I'll let you know?

Berserker

If you walk Hadrians wall, drop down off it and go to Vindolanda, it's a great site,  with a good museum. Also the most wonderful Holy Isle with the singing seals on the mud flats at dusk, and Gertrude Jekyll's garden
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

F(f)CUK

I think our first few games are tough. December looks tough and the run-in looks good.

ffc73

Quote from: Berserker on June 19, 2013, 10:30:54 PM
If you walk Hadrians wall, drop down off it and go to Vindolanda, it's a great site,  with a good museum. Also the most wonderful Holy Isle with the singing seals on the mud flats at dusk, and Gertrude Jekyll's garden

There is a circular walk from Housesteads Fort on the wall to Vindolando & back which I can recommend. Also it is an enjoyable walk across the causeway to Holy Island & back. Just remember to check the tides!

ScalleysDad

Ah Gertie Jekyll. I did a bit of live tele the other day, Westcountry weather on the road or something similar. Anyway we were in one of my parks which has quite a bit of history to it and the point of interest was this 45 metre wisteria tunnel planted in 1888 which I remastered in 2002. That seamlessly linked up with our rich Victorian horticultural heritage .....
"so we in Exeter have much to be proud of with our examples of fine horticultural practice that have stood the test of time. Works by Luccombe, Pince, Brown, Veitch Jekyll and Short are testament to ........ ooer might get the sack if somebody clicks ............... flippin funny though. 

How are ya by the way.
Thanks FFc . I think I'll be doing those two bits and a stretch in the middle ............. just because its there!

Fulham1959

Quote from: ScalleysDad on June 19, 2013, 09:56:17 PM

We are pondering doing all or some of 'the wall' and end up at the game. Bit tricky with transport and stuff what with the Bank Holiday but the current Mrs Short is off that week and is sort of keen. It won't be long before the conversation turns to downsizing, (the kids might have actually gone this time), booking a holiday and wallpaper. I rather fancy doing the wall, pubs and the occasional hill fort two weeks later, finishing at Newcastle and flying home ................. on my own. Come on Sky I need you now. If I find an arrow head I'll let you know?

You're going to paper Hadrian's Wall ?  -  big job, that.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Fulham1959 on June 20, 2013, 09:57:45 AM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on June 19, 2013, 09:56:17 PM

You're going to paper Hadrian's Wall ?  -  big job, that.

I was thinking wood chip with a trade magnolia emulsion on 'their' side but a more mellow woodland theme on ours. A hand painted vine weaving across the top to hide the joins in a wildlife orientated wallpaper with a quality terracotta finish to any turrets or woodwork. All so that when the current Mrs Short rings to ask what I'm doing I can say "I'm looking at a couple of Great Tits, (Parus major)" and not be left to cook my own tea later.

When does the football start again...................