more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (20/06/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, June 20, 2013, 04:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham enter race for veteran England midfielder

Cottagers are favourites to land Spurs star.

Fulham have now joined the queue to sign experienced Tottenham Hotspur defensive midfield player Scott Parker this summer, according to reports in the Daily Star.

The some-time England international has been deemed surplus to requirements by Tottenham head coach Andre Villas-Boas, who is understood to want a younger and more mobile holding midfield player at White Hart Lane next season in order to aid his side's push for a top-four finish in the Premier League.

As a result, the 32-year-old is currently on the look-out for a new club for the upcoming campaign, with west London outfit Fulham having joined Sunderland in now expressing an interest in bringing Parker to Craven Cottage when the summer transfer window reopens on July 1.

Parker, whose current contract with the north Londoners only runs until June 30 2015, featured in just 28 matches in all competitions for Spurs last season due to the Achilles' injury that he picked up playing for the Three Lions at Euro 2012, and is thought to prefer a move to Fulham in order to be able to remain in the capital.

http://www.fanatix.com/news/fulham-enter-race-for-veteran-england-midfielder/123919/

WhiteJC

New Fulham signing Amorebieta relishing step into the unknown

The Venezuela international is enthused by the prospect of playing in the Premier League, despite admitting it was a huge emotional wrench to leave Athletic Bilbao

EXCLUSIVE
By Alberto Pinero & Ander Bilbao

New Fulham signing Fernando Amorebieta insists he is relishing his decision to take a step into the unknown by joining the west London club, despite never having met new manager Martin Jol.

The experienced Venezuela international was the first of a mini wave of early summer signings by the west London club who have also secured the services of former Roma goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg and Ghanaian midfielder Derek Boateng.

Amorebieta spent eight successful years in Spain with Athletic Bilbao but felt the offer of the chance to join a London-based top-flight team was too good to reject, despite having never met his new manager or any of his new team-mates, and not even visited the club's training ground.

"I do not know any of my colleagues in person or the coach. I've just seen them play on television," he told Goal.
"I have wanted to meet the captain, Brede Hangeland, because he is well-liked by the fans, an important player for Fulham, and I have heard very good things about him.

"I decided to move to Fulham because, from speaking to them, it seemed like a club with a friendly atmosphere like the one I'm used to at Athletic. They contacted me and gave me a good impression. I think it was a wise decision.

"I had other options, but the best one was from Fulham. To be settled and living in London is a must. I have not yet been able to visit Fulham's training ground but I really want to meet my new team-mates. I want to demonstrate the player that I am.  I have great enthusiasm for this new adventure."

Despite the centre-half's keenness to begin the next chapter in his career, he admits it was a difficult decision to cut his ties with the Basque outfit, with whom he played a prominent role during their memorable run to the final of the Europa League in 2012.

He said: "I'll miss many things from Athletic. There was a real sense of togetherness at the club with guys who have come through together since they were kids. They spent a lifetime travelling the same journey together and that creates a special atmosphere.

"There have been times where I thought twice about the move but I will try to integrate with my new team-mates as best as I can. I'm already taking English lessons and I will have a speech prepared for my first day when I meet my new team-mates.

"I am going to miss my friends from Athletic very much. The day I said goodbye to them was at the wedding of Inigo Perez, and when I left I spoke to everyone. It was a very hard time for me. But that's football. And it is my decision."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/06/19/4059258/-?

WhiteJC

Fulham face missing out on former Man United striker

Former Manchester United striker Mame Biram Diouf is set to extend his contract at Hannover despite interest from Fulham.

The Senegalese frontman never started a Premier League during three years at Old Trafford and didn't fare much better during a season-long loan spell at Blackburn two years back.

But he has flourished since arriving at Hannover in January 2012, scoring 18 goals in 38 Bundesliga appearances.

His form has attracted the interest of a number of clubs across Europe, including Fulham, who have been linked with a move to bring the 25-year-old back to England.

With just one year left on his current deal, it has been suggested that Diouf could be available on the cheap this summer.

But Hannover president Martin Kind insists the former Molde man will not be leaving and is confident of tying him down to a fresh contract.

"We are optimistic about extending his contract before the resumption of the new season," Kind told Sport1.

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130619/fulham-face-missing-out-former-man-united-striker-199995?#ixzz2WiwDlnLd
Follow us: @talksport on Twitter
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130619/fulham-face-missing-out-former-man-united-striker-199995?#AGiWfoq8W1zEVLKG.99

WhiteJC

Liverpool defender a surprise loan target for Fulham

England U21 defender Wisdom could be handed chance of regular first team footaball at Craven Cottage.

Fulham are chasing versatile Liverpool defender Andre Wisdom, 20, in an effort to boost the defensive options available to boss Martin Jol next season.

The England under-21 international youngster showed his potential last season after racking up a handful of appearances as cover at right back, but Wisdom is more comfortable at centre half.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is keen to allow Wisdom to leave on a temporary basis, in order to gain more first team experience but a permanent deal is off the table with the Merseysiders seeing the youngster as one for the future.

Wisdom has recently signed a long-term contract at Anfield but a full season of Premier League experience at Craven Cottage would undoubtedly aid the progression of the young starlet to a greater extent than bench-warming at Anfield.

According to reports in the Mirror, Fulham are keen to push through a loan deal as soon as possible in order to allow Chris Baird, who has been linked with West Brom, to leave the club; however Rodgers would prefer to have Wisdom available for pre-season fixtures.

http://www.fanatix.com/news/liverpool-defender-a-surprise-loan-target-for-fulham/123964/

WhiteJC

Pre-Match Lunch, Sutton v Fulham XI

If you will be attending the match against a Fulham XI on 13th July, please note that our usual pre-match lunch option will be available for the bargain price of £12 per person for three courses plus coffee. To book your lunch, please e-mail:-   [email protected]   Lunch will commence at 12.30

http://www.suttonunited.net/news.php?#2164

WhiteJC

A Starlet On Loan

Could Martin Jol be looking to take advantage of the loan system and land a player on a season long loan from another Premier League club?

Well if the gossip printed in one leading red-top publication is correct then that could be the case.

The speculation insists that Fulham are looking towards bringing the young Liverpool player Andre Wisdom to Craven Cottage.

It`s generally accepted that Liverpool will not sell the youngster who was one of the few players to shine in England`s recent poor European Championship U21 tournament, but they may be open to a loan deal whereby Wisdom, who can play at right-back or centre-back., may get some regular first team football as opposed to the occasional game.

We`ll keep our ears to the ground on this one!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=322292#ixzz2WixEPtKb

WhiteJC

Winger / Midfielder on Jol`s Radar

Transfer talk this morning, as listed in the morning press, links Fulham to a second of Stuart Pearce`s England U21 squad that didn`t do themselves justice over in Israel.

It is being intimated that we`re showing a distinct interest in acquiring the talented Nathan Redmond from the Championship side Birmingham City.

Redmond, who is still only nineteen years of age, is touted as being one of the few Englishman to make an impression in the aforementioned U21 tournament.

However, his displays and apparent availability mean that there are several suitors keen to secure his services with the likes of Swansea and Norwich also showing a keen interest.

Martin Jol, as we`ve stated before, may need to use all his persuasive powers to reel this one in!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=322293#ixzz2WixUrD7R

WhiteJC

Fulham Fixtures Announced for 2013 / 2014

The season may still be a little under two months away but the old anticipation levels are rising following the publishing of the fixture lists.

Our season starts with a difficult looking trip to Sunderland followed by a visit from highly-fancied Arsenal, the rest is as below:-

August

17th - 15:00 Sunderland (a)
24th - 15:00 Arsenal (h)
31st - 15:00 Newcastle United (a)

September

14th - 15:00 West Bromwich Albion (h)
21st - 15:00 Chelsea (a)
28th - 15:00 Cardiff City (h)

October

05th - 15:00 Stoke City (h)
19th - 15:00 Crystal Palace (a)
26th - 15:00 Southampton (a)

November

02nd - 15:00 Manchester United (h)
09th - 15:00 Liverpool (a)
23rd - 15:00 Swansea City (h)
30th - 15:00 West Ham United (a)

December

04th - 20:00 Tottenham Hotspur (h)
07th - 15:00 Aston Villa (h)
14th - 15:00 Everton (a)
21st - 15:00 Manchester City (h)
26th - 15:00 Norwich City (a)
28th - 15:00 Hull City (a)

January

01st - 15:00 West Ham United (h)
11th - 15:00 Sunderland (h)
18th - 15:00 Arsenal (a)
28th - 19:45 Swansea City (a)

February

01st - 15:00 Southampton (h)
08th - 15:00 Manchester United (a)
12th - 20:00 Liverpool (h)
22nd - 15:00 West Bromwich Albion (a)

March

01st - 15:00 Chelsea (h)
08th - 15:00 Cardiff City (a)
15th - 15:00 Newcastle United (h)
22nd - 15:00 Manchester City (a)
29th - 15:00 Everton (h)

April

05th - 15:00 Aston Villa (a)
12th - 15:00 Norwich City (h)
19th - 15:00 Tottenham Hotspur (a)
26th - 15:00 Hull City (h)

May

03rd - 15:00 Stoke City (a)
11th - 15:00 Crystal Palace (h)

If things haven`t gone well, looking on the dark side, we finish with some fixtures whereby we should be able to pick up points, as usual though the fixtures are subject to change, courtesy of those television stations that pander to the armchair fan!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=322295#ixzz2WixgRYWU

WhiteJC

Happy ending for Fulham, provided they hit the transfer market

There's one thing all Fulham fans do well, and that's pessimism. Are we currently mowing the lawn in a relaxed manner anticipating a summer of English success on the cricket pitch, the golf course and the manicured grass of Wimbledon? Absolutely not. With every passing day our anxiety goes up a notch or two as we feverishly scan the media for positive transfer news.

Now we have the new season fixture list to fret over. How have the cards fallen for Fulham FC - are the omens good or bad? Following the Whites in the Premier League is akin to the nostalgia of recalling childhood holidays at the beach. We've filtered out all the rainy days with nose pressed against window pane staring morosely at lumpy, grey seas, a half-finished jigsaw puzzle across our knees.

We only remember the sunny days. I doubt the statistics would support it, but most supporters will tell you Fulham sides only play well when the sun is out. Some kind of sea change comes over us the moment the clocks go back.

November heralds a particularly grim run up to Christmas, while results over the busy holiday season can be wildly unpredictable. Midwinter offers little respite, allied to generally underwhelming Cup performances. Look at Fulham's games from November on and you might want to book your flights to Florida.

Only with the onset of longer days do Fulham teams seem to shake off their slough and rediscover some form. With the above scenario in mind the new fixture list is about as good as it gets from a fans point of view. An away trip to Sunderland for starters should hold little fear. The Cottagers might not be the best travellers, but Sunderland were frankly a shambles last season, lucky not to go down. Leading 2-0 up there three months ago near the end of O'Neill's reign Fulham really should have sealed all three points.

That's followed by the club's first home game with Arsenal. The ground will look picture perfect. Arsenal may well be fielding half a new team of star names, but yet to gel, while Fulham raise their game for a derby and both sides like to play football. Remember how hard Arsenal had to work against Fulham's ten men to hold on for a 1-0 win last time? In the middle of a poor run of form for the Whites too.

After that there are plenty of points to pick up before the onset of winter's retreat and Fulham's fallow period. Crucial however, is the run in. Manchester City are the last of the big guns to be faced in late March, and one could argue there are points on offer after that from all of the last seven games.

If the side are to flirt with trouble again you could not ask for better than facing Norwich City, Hull and Crystal Palace as your last three home games. Dare I suggest, should Fulham surrender home points in any of these, then the club probably deserve to be going down.

Forgive me if I try to put that thought out of my mind for a few more weeks yet.

Meanwhile, It seems Fulham may have finally made a clutch of firm bids to strengthen in various areas, but the haggling remains on-going.

If reports are to be believed I find the move for Wigan's James McCarthy the most positive, and any thoughts on immediately shipping Sascha Riether back to Germany the most bizarre. That's Fulham for you, I guess every player has his price, but even a 50% premium on what was paid FC Koln to land the outstanding German full-back would make little real difference to the overall transfer budget surely?

Another three weeks and the squad will be reporting back at Motspur for pre-season. While Fulham began the month crowing how they had been quick off the mark to seal their three transfer deals to date, these were all signings where the groundwork had been laid down long ago. Now we are into the hurly burly of the free market, so I'm reserving judgement on Jol's strategy for a while yet.

What does raise eyebrows though with me is the summer tour to Costa Rica. A beautiful Caribbean country by all accounts and one I'm looking forward to visiting one day, but in practical terms San Jose is some way to the periphery of football's radar - and how much kit do Fulham expect to sell down in Central America? I'm struggling to see the sense of three matches in a week, all in the same location, when a trip to just about any state in the USA would have generated so much more for Fulham FC on every level.

In a country where he's hailed as a national hero, it's obvious Bryan Ruiz is the catalyst for this long haul flight, which also clearly indicates Fulham have no intention of selling the forward, whose light has flickered at Fulham but never shone with any consistency. Host countries normally underwrite the costs for trips such as this, no small undertaking when you add up the personnel Fulham will take, but it's hard to quantify the benefits from where I'm sitting. Of course, I'm delighted to help carry along the kit bag should help be needed (and I speak some Spanish if that helps Martin?).

Finally, I've been asked via twitter who in the current USMNT team I'd want at Fulham. Only one man. Clint Dempsey is still a class act, deserving of the captain's armband along with his consistently strong displays on the international stage. Go Yanks! Good to see a sell out for the Honduras game, and great choice of team colours.

Just to finish on a comic note. Joe Kinnear and Newcastle? Wonderful stuff, they deserve each other. Ashley wants another pair of eyes on Alan Pardew - hardly surprising with the meltdown the Toon experienced last term. What better way to unsettle a dud manager you can't afford to sack than to have Joe muttering half-baked nonsense along the corridor. Joe reckons he talks to all the top managers on a weekly basis discussing the game's finer points. Funny how Pardew was never on that list...

twitter@fulhamphil

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/fulham/id/1127?&cc=5739

WhiteJC

Fulham, Swansea and Norwich place £2m bids for Redmond as West Brom, Everton and Reading consider joining the race

News that the bidding has opened for Nathan Redmond's services has seen three other clubs register an interest in the England Under-21 international.

So far, Norwich City, Swansea City and Fulham have all tabled concrete £2m offers for the winger.

But now West Brom, Everton and Reading have also shown an interest, although no bids have been received at St Andrew's for the player from that trio of clubs.

Promising talent: And Nathan Redmond is attracting interest from the Premier League

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2344597/Fulham-Swansea-Norwich-place-2m-bids-Nathan-Redmond-West-Brom-Everton-Reading-consider-joining-race.html#ixzz2WiyFECxR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Fulham Supporters' Trust Statement: End Of Season Meeting With Club Officials

Hi all,

Last week the Fulham Supporters' Trust met with Alistair Mackintosh, Club CEO, Sean O'Loughlin, the Finance Director, Sarah Brookes as Communications Director, together and Supporter Liaison Officer Tommy Guthrie. We had what we felt was a very positive meeting, a summary of which you can find on our website; link at the bottom of the post.

It is fairly lengthy, so here I'll give a short summary of some of the key issues discussed (which you can also find on Twitter @FulhamSuppTrust):

RIVERSIDE STAND: Recently received formal sign-off from the Mayor of London. The initial phase will take an entire offseason to complete. Because of planning and legal issues to resolve there is still no formal start date, but the Club will begin as soon as feasibly possible.

SAFE STANDING: The Club will follow the official Premier League stance on safe standing & say it's difficult to acommodate at Craven Cottage. The Club also say that by introducing safe standing capacity will be reduced, and so they are unwilling to support it for financial reasons. The Club explained that the gradient of the Hammersmith & Putney Ends means they'd have to be altered for standing, reducing capacity.

FINANCES: Mohamed Al-Fayed's debt-to-equity conversion changes our balance sheet to one with no debt. Focus is on self-sustaining finances.

FINANCIAL FAIR PLAY: 'No' vote philosophical. A wealthy benefactor was significant in FFC rise; voting no would've let others rise as we did. The club are very confident that the introduction of FFP will not affect the club negatively.

CRAVEN COTTAGE FACILITIES: The Club will continue to work on the ground, improving media and toilet facilities across the whole stadium. The Club also revealed to the Trust they are considering trialling a scheme where you pre-load money onto your membership card to pay at CC.

For further details and areas of discussion, see our Trust statement in full on our website: http://fulhamsupporterstrust.com/news/2013/6/19/fulham-supporters-trust-statement-end-of-season-meeting-with-1.html

We hope you find this informative and covers your concerns. The FST will continue to remain in constant dialogue with the club moving forward with regards to fans issues on all levels.

WhiteJC

Under-20 World Cup Awaits

Three of Fulham's young stars will be in action as the FIFA Under-20 World Cup begins this weekend – with Ryan Williams and Corey Gameiro playing for Australia and Kerim Frei for host nation Turkey.

The two countries will be fighting it out in Group C alongside El Salvador and Colombia, and will face each other in the final group game on 28th June. In total, there are seven host cities which will see matches played over the course of the tournament: Antalya, Bursa, Gaziantep, Istanbul, Kayseri, Rize and Trabzon, with the Fulham trio based initially in Rize and Trabzon ahead of the knockout stages.

As the host country, Turkey have automatically qualified and have much do to if they are to placate their vocal home support.

The Turks have only appeared twice at the FIFA Under-20 World Cup before: struggling to progress past the group stage in 1993 and losing to Spain in the last-16 in 2005. Strangely, they have only ever won one of their games at the tournament – the 1-0 win over Panama in 2005.

However, coach Feyyaz Ucar has plenty of options to choose from in his bid to improve the performances and can call upon our own winger Kerim Frei.

Frei struggled with injury and made just 11 appearances for the First Team this season after a loan spell with Cardiff City, but he has made strides for his country and made his first Turkish national team appearance against Denmark in November 2012. He also played in the 3-3 friendly draw with Latvia, suggesting he is ready to make a push for both Senior and First Team honours next season.

Australia picked up one of the four slots from the Asian region alongside Iraq, Korea Republic and Uzbekistan after they reached the semi-finals of the 2012 AFC Under-19 Championship. The Young Socceroos suffered a 2-0 defeat against Iraq in the semis, but will be hoping to better their efforts in the early days of this tournament when they made it to consecutive semi-final appearances in 1991 and 1993.

Williams has played in the Fulham Under-21 side this season, after a 28-day loan stint with npower League Two side Gillingham, while Gameiro also spent time on loan when he joined Wellington Phoenix in the Australian A-League in February but will see his Fulham contract expire at the end of the month.

Under the management of Paul Okon, the squad will also be looking to end a decade-long drought from the knockout stage of the FIFA U-20 World Cup but are well placed to make a good run.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/june/20/u20-world-cup-awaits?

WhiteJC

Fulham Premier League fixtures 2013/14: Season starts with ominous visit to Sunderland

And so the long, arduous wait begins. The fixtures have us salivating and all that is holding us back now is the mere obstacle of time.

Sunderland come first, the forefront of what is an admittedly difficult start to the season for Fulham. An away tie will always prove tough for a side that travels with infamous ineptitude, but visiting Paolo Di Canio's new charges will make things all the more challenging.

His 'new-gaffer influence' may have waned already, but in his matter of months on Wearside he has shown glimpses of a manager that carries great potential, and they're unlikely to be afraid to do decent business over the course of the summer.

It's certainly not an ominous list – there are no overly difficult chunks of games.

Arsenal provide our first test at home – again, not the simplest of matches. We have proved over recent seasons, however, that we can challenge the Gunners on our own turf and last season in particular provided a game of much merriment. A last minute penalty save from the now-departed Mark Schwarzer secured a 3-3 draw which was richly deserved and hugely entertaining in equal measure.

Our first derby – and there's only one this season, thanks to Queens Park Rangers' amusing relegation – comes on 21st September at Stamford Bridge.

New boys Cardiff City are the first promoted club to visit Craven Cottage, travelling East a week after the Chelsea game. Whether they will be as buoyant as they inevitably are now is questionable, but they will probably provide the sternest test of all those who have leapt out of the Championship.

Boxing Day brings another away tie, this time at Carrow Road where we will face Norwich. Despite an immense home record against the Canaries, playing in Norfolk doesn't have quite the same galvanising effect on this Fulham side. Expect a draw.

The home Chelsea fixture doesn't come up on the calender until March, but gives us a more favourable opportunity of getting one over the side barely a mile down Fulham Road.

Rounding off our season is a home fixture – thankfully – against Crystal Palace.

It's certainly not an ominous list; there are no overly difficult chunks of games and all the consecutive away games we have to endure don't involve overly heavy travelling (except, arguably, trips to Norwich and then Hull in the space of two days).

If our form away from the Cottage continues to improve, as it did quite significantly in the last campaign, then this could well be a successful year.

I think we can all agree that there is a lot of work to be done yet, though.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/20/fulham-fixtures-201314-season-starts-with-ominous-visit-to-sunderland-3848657/?

WhiteJC

Jacob's Incredible Journey

When Fulham Deaf FC (FDFC) player Jacob Willis makes his debut for the Great Britain Deaf team this weekend against France, it will be a special moment.

Just over 18 months ago, Jacob developed severe Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS) - a disease where the body's immune system attacks itself when it thinks there is a virus present, although there may be none. GBS is fatal in three to five per cent of cases as it affects the peripheral nervous system, causing paralysis in the legs and arms which can develop into the face and chest; only 80 per cent make a full recovery.

The Fulham Deaf striker was diagnosed with the condition on Christmas Day 2011 – at one very low point, Jacob was completely paralysed from the neck down and could only move his left hand – and has been on a long road of recovery to get himself back to normal ever since.

Initially struggling to communicate, eat, or drink, and suffering a collapsed lung, Jacob was remarkably able to recover quickly and was out of hospital after a month and placed in a residential rehabilitation facility. Although his progress in physiotherapy was slow at first, the brave Whites striker battled back to his feet and began to dream of playing again.

Having been warned that, as his nerve pathways started to heal, the healing process would be painful, Jacob focused on football and his Fulham teammates to help him.

The side won their first match without him 6-0 and dedicated the win to Jacob, with mother Abbie revealing "they sent a photo of the team holding J's shirt before and after the match, which lifted him a little."

After a hugely frustrating and intensive rehabilitation period, physiotherapists at St. Peter's Hospital Chertsey were able to help Jacob back to health. The speed of his recovery was incredible as Jacob made his return to the Club within the space of a year and played a key role as the side became the 2013 British Deaf Champions.

Indeed, in the 5-0 win over St John's Arsenal in the British Deaf Cup Final in early May, Jacob scored twice: the first seeing him use his pace to beat the St John's goalkeeper to a deep ball to give Fulham a three-goal lead; his second after rifling home a first time shot at the near post after being played through by Mark Sinclair.

Jacob said: "Being told I would be in hospital for at least a year was a horrible shock and left me depressed... Looking back to exactly a year ago, I was still on crutches trying to learn to walk unaided. My aim at that time was to be back playing football by January. I managed to somehow surpass that and was back playing in August, in time for the beginning of the season. Although I was back playing football, I was slow and had no strength.

"At times it was frustrating not being able to play at the personal level I was accustomed to. It took me the whole season to get back to what I was like before. Now the fact I've been selected for the GB Squad to play against France is a massive bonus. At the time of being completely paralysed I would have given anything to be able to walk again, let alone being picked for GB for the first time. I couldn't be happier right now after an amazing year of recovery."

Fulham Deaf FC and Team GB Head Coach Chris McGinn added: "Watching Jacob regain his strength, confidence and spirit has been fantastic this year, and to be there when he makes his full debut for us at Great Britain will be special too. Footballers need an inner desire, a determination to be successful, and Jacob has shown that 100 per cent to overcome the issues he has had to deal with."

Jacob will be joined in the Team GB side this weekend by Fulham teammates Jack Harding, Jonathan Evens, Ben Lampert, Daniel Hogan and debutant Daniel Waller.

Good luck to all the boys this weekend and especially to the one player for whom just playing football again will mean the world.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/june/20/jacobs-journey?

WhiteJC

Fulham First XI

Fulham legend and record scorer Gordon Davies takes us through his list of Fulham Firsts.

First professional match attended
I went to see Wales versus Scotland at Ninian Park in Cardiff in 1964. I wanted to go and see that because my hero at the time was Denis Law who was playing in the Scottish team. I remember when Denis scored he slid in from a couple of yards and knocked it in with his arm. I turned to my grandfather and said 'Why did he handle the ball? Isn't it a foul?' The goal stood but Wales won 3-2.

First programme
I have kept a lot of the programmes from my playing days. The programmes at Merthyr were only about four pages – the cover, the teams, what happened in the last game, and that was about it. I had quite a few of those, but then the first big programme I ever had was from the Wales v Scotland game which my grandfather bought me. I kept a lot of the ones from Fulham as well, which used to be on display for about 20 years but have since moved along with all of my old shirts, caps and silverware up to the loft now.

First club supported
Because I was in South Wales it was a local club: Manchester United!! Between the ages of 10-16, Denis Law was my hero and I was a red, but then I signed schoolboy forms for Manchester City at 16 so became a blue. I have supported City ever since.

First boots
When I was 11 years old, we went along to a normal high street store because we couldn't afford boots that were in sports shops. I got a pair of Oliver Spot-Kicks as the first pair of boots that I could call my own.

First club joined
I played in the local league for Georgetown Boys Club [a club that would also bring former Fulham midfielder Mark Pembridge through] from the age of 10, but after a short apprentice spell with Manchester City in 1972, I joined my hometown club Merthyr Tydfil.

First manager
At Merthyr, it would have been a gentleman called Emrys Evans who is still alive and living in Merthyr now. He was the first man to make a real impact on my playing career.

First position
I began life as a central midfielder but in my first season at Merthyr, Emrys put me out on the wing because I was quick. He gave me a chance in the first team and that first season I scored 35 goals from the wing. The following season he decided that I would be better off in the number 10 position and I scored 30 goals then as a striker, and the rest is history.

First match for Fulham
My first full game for Fulham was away at Blackpool. I had signed in the March of 1978 and, although Bobby Campbell had brought me on for the last 15 minutes against Mansfield Town the previous game, I was given a chance in Blackpool. After six minutes, I gave a penalty away and was put in my place by then-captain Ray Evans who told me never to come back over the halfway line again.

First goal for Fulham
In the second half against Blackpool, I laid on the equaliser for Les Strong and then he returned the favour as he pulled a cross back to me. I hit it with my left foot and it never raised above a couple of inches off the ground and went into the bottom corner. We won 2-1.

First card
I was playing for Merthyr against Yeovil Town in the FA Cup and nothing was going right for me. I went in for a challenge with the goalkeeper. It was a 50-50 ball but the keeper didn't see it that way and I caught him. He threw the ball straight out and came up to me; I stood nose-to-nose with him and the referee came over and stopped play. I thought I was going to go in the book, but the ref said: 'Gordon, I'm not going to send you off, but I'm going to ask you one question: What is the difference between the way you are playing and a bucket of poo. Answer: The bucket!' So basically he used his discretion at the time to stop me going in the book – but I should have been carded!

First trophy
At Georgetown Boys Club, in the Under 11s we won the cup and league one year; I was named Player of the Year and was presented with an award. I wasn't top goalscorer because I was playing in central midfield, but somewhere in the loft there is a small plaque that meant the world to me as an individual in a very good young team.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/june/20/fulham-first-xi?

WhiteJC

#takemehome

The wait is almost over as our highly anticipated 2013/14 adidas Home Kit is nearly here!

With the full reveal and instore launch set for early July, Whites fans can beat the rush and pre-order their brand new adidas shirt from today.

What's more, the first 500 supporters who pre-order will also get their hands on a FREE #takemehome t-shirt, which will be delivered along with their order in July.*

Pre-order your 2013/14 adidas Home Kit online, at the Stadium Store or direct on 0843 208 1223 today.

*The first 500 Home Kit pre-orders are entitled to a #takemehome t-shirt free of charge, to be delivered with your order upon launch in early July. #takemehome t-shirts are one-size-fits-all. Available while stocks last.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/june/20/preorder-home-kit?

WhiteJC

Bakary Sako's Wolves future still up in the air
Winger Bakary Sako returns to Wolves for the start of pre-season training next week with his future still unresolved.

Premier League Fulham want the £4million-plus-rated winger and it's understood Wolves are aware that representatives of their most saleable asset are talking to the West London club.

Preliminary discussions have been held with the Craven Cottage outfit about the 25-year-old, although no agreement has been reached on a fee.

But, with Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey back from a short break, all parties have agreed to hold more talks in the first week of July, when it is hoped they can come to an arrangement.

If a fee and terms can't be agreed with Fulham, then Lyon, Marseille and Lille are all keen on bringing the former St Etienne wideman back to France.

However, Sako is keen to stay in England after a largely impressive first season, where he scored nine goals in 37 Championship games and was voted Player of the Year at Wolves.

Lille would have to sell at least two players to finance a move for Sako, and at the moment, it's understood Fulham are the only club Wolves are talking to.

While there is movement regarding Sako, interest is slower on some of the other high earners, such as Roger Johnson, Jamie O'Hara and Kevin Doyle.

The news means fans may be frustrated at a lack of movement on the transfer front after head of development Kevin Thelwell said on Monday that "space must be created" in the squad before players can be brought in.

Yet Wolves have been lining up targets behind the scenes for new head coach Kenny Jackett to assess and they are hopeful they will be able to move quickly when the time comes to pursue their targets.

Interest has also been lodged with Burnley's soon to be out-of-contract striker Martin Paterson, who has attracted the interest of six Championship clubs, including Wigan.

Sources close to Stoke-based Paterson indicate Wolves are the only League One club the 26-year-old would consider joining.

The Northern Ireland international was courted by Wolves in the loan window in the spring when Dean Saunders was in charge but a switch couldn't be agreed.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2013/06/20/bakary-sakos-wolves-future-still-up-in-the-air/?

WhiteJC

Experienced Tottenham Midfielder Scott Parker Is Fulham Summer Target

Cottagers linked with Spurs star.

Fulham are the latest club to be showing an interest in Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker, who seems increasingly likely to leave White Hart Lane this summer.

The Cottagers are considering a £4million bid for the 32-year-old, according to the Daily Star, after Sunderland and Queens Park Rangers have also registered an interest in signing the Spurs squad player.

Despite playing a key role at the club under previous manager Harry Redknapp, Parker has fallen down the pecking order under Andre Villas-Boas, and could be replaced by a number of midfield targets in this transfer window.

Spurs have been linked with the likes of James McCarthy and Fredy Guarin as they look to improve on their current midfield options, and Parker could be one of several players to make way as Villas-Boas re-shapes his squad to try again for Champions League football next season.

Fulham and Tottenham did business last summer, as both Moussa Dembele and Clint Dempsey left Craven Cottage for White Hart Lane, and manager Martin Jol was also in charge of Spurs between 2004 and 2007.

Parker has had a distinguished career in English football, and Fulham could become his sixth club after spells with Charlton, Chelsea, Newcastle, West Ham and Tottenham.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/06/20/experienced-tottenham-midfielder-scott-parker-is-fulham-summer-target/?

WhiteJC

Convergys to sponsor Fulham's Costa Rica tour

Convergys Corporation has announced its sponsorship of Fulham FC's pre-season tour to Costa Rica this July.

The customer management company, based in Cincinnati, Ohio, has organised a series of events on social media in order to engage with the general public.

The tour will include three games against teams from the Primera División de Costa Rica - C.S. Cartaginés, L.D. Alajuelense and Deportivo Saprissa S.A.D. The fixtures will take place at the country's national stadium in San José on 14th, 17th and 20th July.

"We are delighted to welcome Fulham FC to Costa Rica and couldn't be more excited about the opportunity to showcase the talent of our country and our love for sports," said Jason Brown, Convergys' Costa Rica country manager.

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/convergys_announces_sponsorship_of_fulhams_costa_rica_tour/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sportspromedia-soccer+%28SportsProMedia+-+Soccer%29&utm_medium=feed

WhiteJC

Fulham new boy yet to meet his team-mates and reveals the one he wants to see

Fulham new boy Fernando Amorebieta is looking forward to meeting his new team-mates for the first time since joining the club from Spanish side Athletic Bilbao.

The Venezuela international agreed a four year deal with the Whites and has previously stated his desire to play Premier League football.

"I do not know any of my colleagues in person or the coach. I've just seen them play on television," he said.

"I have wanted to meet the captain, Brede Hangeland, because he is well-liked by the fans, an important player for Fulham, and I have heard very good things about him.

"I decided to move to Fulham because, from speaking to them, it seemed like a club with a friendly atmosphere like the one I'm used to at Athletic. They contacted me and gave me a good impression. I think it was a wise decision."

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/fulham_new_boy_yet_to_meet_his_team_mates_and_reveals_the_one_he_wants_to_see_1_2244021