https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Car accident / insurance advice

Started by Admin, June 23, 2013, 08:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Sorry to drag this one back up, but..

At around 4pm today, I got an email from my insurance company saying:

"Thank you for the completed form" (I had to submit an Accident Report Form via email)

"The third party has withdrawn their claim and the file is close"  1500.gif

That's fine, she was always at fault, but now what happens to my bloody car?!

Surely they cant just "Close the file"..   

Holders

Your insurance will arrange for the repair.

I can't for the life of me see how you could have hit her unless your car goes sideways. A bit like the one that claimed that I hit him when he was passing me in a narrow lane and I had my handbrake on.

Some people will try anything to cover up their poor driving.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

cmg

Presumably your insurance company will now process your claim in the usual way (ie slowly and grudgingly).

If they do happen to get awkward I find that a polite email, simply stating your problems, directly to the CEO usually helps (usually quickly).

I find this website invaluable for escaping from 'Call Centre Hell':

http://www.ceoemail.com/

YankeeJim

As a possible side note about phone tree hell, I worked for a large property & casualty insurance company and every phone tree we had could be by passed at anytime by simple punching the zero. That put the call into a rotary system where the next available person got the call. One of the games that insurance adjusters play is to dodge phone calls (less work). They almost never dodge an internal transfer because it might be management. This also worked if you got a specific adjusters voice mail.
Always record the full name & time of any conversation with any insurance person and use it. "I spoke with Susie Laziness yesterday at 10 AM and she said..." You are dealing with bureaucrats. It is little different than speaking to a government slug at some government office. Getting angry, threatening or raising your voice is pointless. They don't care.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.