more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

a bit severe?

Started by spikey norman, June 29, 2013, 02:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spikey norman

Saw this report taken from the Serbian press this week

'Following the England Under 21 match against Serbia on the 16th October last year in Krusevac a number of the Serbian squad went on trial for the part they played after the match ended.
The trial ended this week at the High Court in Krusevac, with the judge announcing the verdict that the young Serbian players Goran Causic, Ognjen Mudrinski, Aleksandar Kirovski and Djordja Despotovica, as well as assistant coach Andreja Milutinovic were found guilty of violent conduct and sentenced them to one year parole.
If in this period they repeat the offence, players are threatened with up to three, and coach Milutinovic up to five months in prison. At the same time, all were fined ( EUR 877) as well as being banned from playing games for the youth national team for the period of the parole.
Judge Dragana Maksimovic said that she examined videos and based on all the evidence she made the decision on the sentence.
"I want to emphasize that the sentences are minimum for this offence," said Maksimovic
At the hearing, there were no English players but the English Football Association informed the court that they did not condone the severity of the sentence against the Serbian players'.

Blimey they certainly know how to punish their players in Serbia – I wonder what Suarez would have got for biting Branislav Ivanovic if that happened over there

cmg

I'm not necessarily an admirer of the Serbian justice system, but at least they show a more robust attitude to a disgraceful incident than did UEFA who, once again, decided to react with a shrug of the shoulders to what was overt racism.

croatianwhite

They have to clamp down in Serbia it is like a neo nazi state which will be out of control if certain sections have there way. Coyw

malcbridger

Well croatianwhite, in my eight years of living in Belgrade I have never experienced any kind of neo-nazi activities? People seem to forget that the Serbs were fighting against the nazis (including the Ustase) but let's stick to football shall we?