watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army

Started by bog, June 30, 2013, 07:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Evening all. A couple of you may be interested to know that, a while back, I wrote to the producer of Football Focus. This to ask why there had been no interview with the former captain of Greece and who now played for Fulham. You know, the one who won 123 caps for his country and also lifted the 2004 Euros Cup. Something, if you ask me, none of our players is ever going to do in the next 20 years. I mentioned how often M United players are swooned over, indeed for three weeks running it was one of their players. The Ferdinand one was whilst he faffed about on his playstaion. I ended by asking if there was any intention of having a word.
Did I receive a reply....no.

Thank you and good night.            092.gif     

WhiteJC

I'm convinced that there is an anti MAF "thing" going on, Fulham FC very rarely get anything positive and are often used "as an example" of whats wrong about the "English" game.

We'll just have to learn to "live with it"

MJG

When you consider they have somewhere in the region of 35-40 FF's a season. Once they have interviewed the firstXI's of the top 6 clubs that dont leave much time for poor old us.

cmg

I'm not sure things are specifically anti-Fulham, but large numbers of the populus have heard only of the half-a-dozen or so "Big" clubs and it is to this vast ignorance that the media must pander, thus, of course, perpetuating the ignorance.

Off the top of my head I could think of several themes suitable for a 'Footbal Focus' sort of problem. E.g - I shouldn't think there were many other clubs last season (my guess would be '0') that had four players each with 100+ International caps OR I doubt that there are many 23 year olds around who have never appeared in a PL game but have 40 International caps - but until we 'break through' we will continue to be ignored.