watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff(03/07/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 03, 2013, 04:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Zaha's United future set to be decided by Moyes with Fulham, West Ham and Palace lining up loan swoop

David Moyes will assess Wilfried Zaha during Manchester United's pre-season programme before deciding whether to send him out on loan.

Fulham, along with West Ham and his former club Crystal Palace all want Zaha, 20, on a season-long loan, but the forward wants to prove himself at Old Trafford after completing his £15million move to the champions in the summer.

Zaha, who helped Crystal Palace win promotion to the Premier League in May, does not want to spend the campaign on loan.

No loan: Former Palace star Wilfried Zaha is desperate to spend the season at new club Manchester United

Instead he wants to take his chance at United and Moyes will monitor his progress when he joins up for pre-season training.

Zaha has been given an extended break after playing in the European Under 21 tournament with England earlier this summer.

He was signed by United on the recommendation of Sir Alex Ferguson's son Darren following a mesmerising performance for Palace at Peterborough last season.

Decisions: Zaha, who played for England in the Euro U21s, will be assessed by David Moyes during pre-season

Zaha was Ferguson Snr's last signing before he announced his retirement, but Moyes will inherit the young England forward after succeeding him at Old Trafford.

United beat Arsenal and Tottenham for his signature but he spent the rest of the season on loan at Selhurst Park and helped the team win promotion via the play-offs.

Zaha scored twice at Brighton in the play-off semi-final second leg and then won the decisive penalty at Wembley in the final against Watford, which was scored by veteran Kevin Phillips.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2354589/David-Moyes-make-decision-Wilfried-Zaha-Fulham-West-Ham-Crystal-Palace-lining-loan-deal.html#ixzz2XzXUxcVC
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Birmingham Bag Burn

The Club can confirm that defender Dan Burn has signed a contract extension until 2015 and has joined Birmingham City on a season-long loan deal.

Burn spent last season on loan at Yeovil Town and helped them to win promotion after scoring in a 2-1 win over Brentford in the npower League One Play-Off Final.

The 21-year-old centre-back, who joined from Darlington in 2011, is highly-rated by Fulham and has signed a new deal until 30th June 2015 while the Club has the option of keeping him for another year.

Burn said: "I was really excited to sign a new deal. I had a season on loan last season and was hoping that a new contract would come in the summer as my target is still to play in the Barclays Premier League with Fulham, which gives me a couple more years to achieve that aim."

He has also been given a chance to prove himself in the npower Championship by joining former Whites midfielder Lee Clark - now manager at Birmingham - for the whole of the 2013/14 season.

"Joining Birmingham City is great," Burn added. "I've had a long rest, am ready to get going and am excited to start playing in the Championship. Obviously Lee was a big factor as he used to play for Newcastle United as well and I used to watch him play with my dad. I spoke to him and he sounded really confident with what he wants to do - he wants to build a young team that is hungry for success and will work hard for each other.

"Fulham wanted me to progress and learn from different coaches and different players, so it will be a great experience."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/july/03/blues-bag-burn?

WhiteJC

PFA set to appoint first foreign chairman as Hangeland leads race to succeed Carlisle

The PFA could be set to elect its first foreign chairman, with Fulham's Norwegian defender Brede Hangeland a leading contender to succeed Clarke Carlisle in the prestigious position.

It would represent a landmark moment in the development in the increasingly globalised nature of English football, as Hangeland would become the first overseas footballer to take the role, following in the footsteps of esteemed names including Jimmy Hill, Pat Nevin and Chris Powell.

History: Hangeland (right) may become the first foreigner to chair the PFA

Sportsmail can reveal that an election is scheduled to take place in September, in which PFA members – which includes all players plying their trade on either a full contract or scholarship at Conference National level through to the Barclays Premier League – will be able to register their vote. The result should be announced in October.

The chairmanship is up for grabs after former QPR, Leeds and Burley defender Carlisle announced his retirement at the end of last season and the constitution dictates that the PFA chairman must be currently playing in order to give the fairest representation possible to professional footballers.

The end: Current chairman Clark Carlisle announced his retirement at the end of last season

Sportsmail understands that it is highly probable that the new Chairman will be appointed from the current management committee, with the preference being towards one of the younger members, so as to allow the elected person sufficient time to implement plans and assert their authority.

However, with the twelve man committee packed with players in their mid-thirties or retirees from this summer – Carlisle, Phil Neville and Neil Harris for example – the battle is expected to be between 32-year-olds' Hangeland and the currently unattached American Paul Rachubka, who was released by Leeds United at the end of last season.

Hangeland is expected to attract votes as the biggest name on the committee but Rachubka boasts experience of playing in all four divisions as a player, after starting his career as a youngster at Manchester United in the Premier League.

The end: Current chairman Clark Carlisle announced his retirement at the end of last season

He has since having playing in the Championship for Leeds, in League One for Huddersfield and League 2 for Accrington last season. Reading's Jason Roberts, 35, could also be in the running.

Speaking to Sportsmail, current chairman Carlisle said: 'It will of course come down to a vote so it is difficult to say for sure but I think we would look towards someone who has the longevity left in their career to allow them the necessary freedom to make changes and develop policies.

'I would expect the next Chairman to come from the Management Committee but you can't rule out someone from left-field, too'.

In contention: Reading striker Jason Roberts could also have an outside chance

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2354652/Fulhams-Brede-Hangeland-leading-contender-succeed-Clark-Carlisle-PFA-chairman.html#ixzz2XzYP0lza
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Burn signs Fulham deal and leaves on loan

Fulham defender Dan Burn has signed a new two-year contract with the club and will spend next season on loan at Birmingham City.

The 21-year-old centre-back, signed from Darlington in 2011, impressed in League One during a loan spell at Yeovil last term.

Fulham are now keen for him to pick up first-team experience in the Championship, and Birmingham – managed by former Whites star Lee Clark – quickly declared an interest.

Burn said: "Fulham wanted me to progress and learn from different coaches and different players, so it will be a great experience."

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/burn-signs-fulham-deal-and-leaves-on-loan?

WhiteJC

Transfer news: Junior Malanda goes AWOL amid Premier League talk

Junior Malanda has skipped training at Zulte Waregem amid speculation linking him with a move to England.

The highly-rated defensive midfielder is said to be interesting Arsenal, Everton and Fulham.

It would appear that the 18-year-old's head has been turned and that he is looking to push through a switch.

Zulte Waregem insist the Belgium U21 international is welcome back into their fold at any time, with there a desire on their part to do things in the right manner.

A statement from the club read: "Junior Malanda today didn't show up for training. SV Zulte Waregem are surprised as there had been a perfect relationship with the player. We regret the current situation.

"The club want to ensure Malanda that he remains welcome and we will do everything to let the player return to the squad. SV Zulte Waregem have contacted the management of the player to try and find out what his motives are."

Club coach Francky Drury added to RTBF: "I'm surprised. On Monday, we had a discussion with Malanda and his father but that did not yield much.

"I'm lost because I had a good talk with the player and I spent a lot of energy in the mediation process.

"I sense that we are now merely stumbling about in the dark over this situation."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8803657/?